POP CENTURY WATER MAIN BREAK

DisDINK

Lytum & Hyde Explosives Company
Seems to be affecting 2-3 buildings including 7and 8. They have sent out now email or other communications. I was told I could shower in the communal showered at the Hippie Dippy pool when I called the desk. Others have stood in line for over an hour to get three fast passes for the trouble. Anyone hearing any other news?

Was wondering what happened. I checked out Monday and before heading to the airport I was hoping to shave. At about 9:30 I tried to turn on the water and nothing happened. Just thought it was Disneys way of kicking me out of my room.

Seems to be affecting 2-3 buildings including 7and 8. They have sent out now email or other communications. I was told I could shower in the communal showered at the Hippie Dippy pool when I called the desk. Others have stood in line for over an hour to get three fast passes for the trouble. Anyone hearing any other news?
3 fast passes to compensate for no water?? Wow. Just wow. :sad2: And told to shower at pool? Ugh.

3 fast passes to compensate for no water?? Wow. Just wow. :sad2: And told to shower at pool? Ugh.
I don't know-how long was the water out-if only a couple hours than three fast passes aren't a bad deal. (I do know it went out around 9am but I checked out so I don't know when it can back on). Even Disney can always prevent water main breaks.

I don't know-how long was the water out-if only a couple hours than three fast passes aren't a bad deal. (I do know it went out around 9am but I checked out so I don't know when it can back on). Even Disney can always prevent water main breaks.
Water main break is usually more then a couple of hours, more like a couple of days to fix I think? Will be interesting to see if it’s fixed in a few hours. Did you hear what caused it?

Water main break is usually more then a couple of hours, more like a couple of days to fix I think? Will be interesting to see if it’s fixed in a few hours. Did you hear what caused it?

We had a water main break near our house on Monday and the water was only off for a couple hours--but we are still under a boil water order until health dept gives the all clear. I hope they are being supplied with bottled water.

Is anyone there now that can report on status?
Just got home. We were in building 7.We discovered the water was out when the toilet wouldn't flush. It was not number 1 if you catch my drift. No toilet or shower. Communication to affected guests wasn't great. When we called the first time, they said it would be back on shortly. After an hour, I called back and they said we could use the pool shower. There was a pretty long line and we were already running late.
My husband took it worse and called them back. He was nice, but asked for a vacant room to shower in. I had to go up to the front desk and get the key. The wait was an hour even though we had already spoke to someone. They told me I still had to stand in line. I found out from another guest the water main broke.
Disney did credit us a night stay and 3 extra fast passes for the day without us even asking. Plus found us a room to shower. They did promise to bring us water but never did. The water was back on when we got back that night around 9.
The only thing Disney could have done better was provide info to the affected guests.

Just got home. We were in building 7.We discovered the water was out when the toilet wouldn't flush. It was not number 1 if you catch my drift. No toilet or shower. Communication to affected guests wasn't great. When we called the first time, they said it would be back on shortly. After an hour, I called back and they said we could use the pool shower. There was a pretty long line and we were already running late.
My husband took it worse and called them back. He was nice, but asked for a vacant room to shower in. I had to go up to the front desk and get the key. The wait was an hour even though we had already spoke to someone. They told me I still had to stand in line. I found out from another guest the water main broke.
Disney did credit us a night stay and 3 extra fast passes for the day without us even asking. Plus found us a room to shower. They did promise to bring us water but never did. The water was back on when we got back that night around 9.
The only thing Disney could have done better was provide info to the affected guests.
And provided affected guests with water. Thanks for the update!

I went up later in the day. Didn't mind the water break (it happens) but being told to use a communal shower was not an appropriate response plus the phone CM was snotty about it. As it was my last park day FP weren't going to be helpful, nor was the hopper option he offered me for my Dec Trip (AP). He did give me extra FP for all my park days in Dec and I was happy with that.

I think the problem was the timing. A water outage at 3pm would have been inconvienent but manageable. A water break at 7 in the morning when so many people are trying to get ready and to the parks is a disaster. There should have been immediate offers of room credits or FP or access to empty rooms, if they had done those things I think a lot less people would have been upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter