• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
What area should I request?

I'm in a standard room, I know I want the ground floor if possible, but my other concern is being as close to the main building as possible, I don't really care about pools.

Need your expert advice--should i stick with the 50's lake view request or should i change it to 60's lake view request?? Getting standard room.

I think both are great locations. I usually ask for 60's but I think it is a trend since the last 2 years. At check in I ask if I could be moved. Which they did no problem. But last year it took a bit.

Here is a picture of the resort map to see the sections and room categories:
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/braverman4/media/POP%20Century%20Thread/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html

We love lakeview in any section. They are a standard room category and eventhough it is the furthest from Classic Hall (all lakeview/standard categories are furthest from classic hall) there is a great cut thru to the bus stops that keeps you from having to go thru classic hall and 80's is one of the most quite area's IMHO. So I think it depends on what you are looking for. Whatever you request is going to be amazing!!! You will be at (POP) Disney! :dance3:

I must be misinterpreting something here because I know our Lake View room in the 60's section was significantly closer to the food court and bus stops than our Standard Pool View room in the 70's section. I mapped it out when we got home and the Lake View room was over 100 yards closer. :confused3

I must be misinterpreting something here because I know our Lake View room in the 60's section was significantly closer to the food court and bus stops than our Standard Pool View room in the 70's section. I mapped it out when we got home and the Lake View room was over 100 yards closer. :confused3

70's is the section with the giant foose ball table, Mickey phone and big wheel, it doesn't have a pool in that section. The standard pool view rooms would be in the 90's section (computer pool) or the 50's section (bowling pin pool). Are you sure you were in the 70's? Looking at the map, I can definitely see the lakeview (standard) in 60's section being closer to the 90's preferred pool view. :thumbsup2

I've never put in a room request before, when my 60 days is here and I can check in and add my requests are your requests tiered?? Our main request is a king room so can we make that our priority request and then make 50's building a secondary request?

70's is the section with the giant foose ball table, Mickey phone and big wheel, it doesn't have a pool in that section. The standard pool view rooms would be in the 90's section (computer pool) or the 50's section (bowling pin pool). Are you sure you were in the 70's? Looking at the map, I can definitely see the lakeview (standard) in 60's section being closer to the 90's preferred pool view. :thumbsup2

Actually, it was the 50's section that we were in (70's was a typo). My confusion was with the statement that *all* lake view and standard rooms are furthest from the food court and bus stops. Our standard pool view room (that normally costs extra but was a free upgrade for us) was much further from those amenities than our standard (no extra cost) lake view room was. The "preferred" and "pool view" rooms within each section are usually closer to the food court and bus stops than the standard rooms in *that* section except for the pool view rooms in the 90's. But a standard room in one section is not necessarily further away than a preferred or pool view room in *every* section. I'd take a lake view room (no extra cost) in the 60's any day over a standard pool view room (extra cost) in the 50's because of the much closer proximity to food and buses. The reality is, I'd take any room on property just to be at Disney...but I prefer to have the room that is closest to the food and buses that doesn't cost me extra money :)

Which pool is quieter? The bowling pin pool or the computer pool?

My youngest daughter has autism, and loves to swim, but only when there aren't many people in the pool --- she's fine with 5 or 6 other people or so, but know already that she wouldn't like the commotion at the Hippy Dippy Pool!

We're driving as well ... and it looks like the 90's section is closer to the parking lot than the 50's section?

Thoughts for us? Standard Pool View 50's or 90's?

Thanks in advance!

we have stayed numerous times in the 80's section right near the computer pool bld 9 to be exact. very close to the parking lot and the bus stop. Our son is the same exact way and the computer pool was PERFECT for us for these very same reasons!

we have stayed numerous times in the 80's section right near the computer pool bld 9 to be exact. very close to the parking lot and the bus stop. Our son is the same exact way and the computer pool was PERFECT for us for these very same reasons!

Thank you so much!! :flower3:

hsmamainva said:
Which pool is quieter? The bowling pin pool or the computer pool?

My youngest daughter has autism, and loves to swim, but only when there aren't many people in the pool --- she's fine with 5 or 6 other people or so, but know already that she wouldn't like the commotion at the Hippy Dippy Pool!

We're driving as well ... and it looks like the 90's section is closer to the parking lot than the 50's section?

Thoughts for us? Standard Pool View 50's or 90's?

Thanks in advance!

Sent you a PM

I've never put in a room request before, when my 60 days is here and I can check in and add my requests are your requests tiered?? Our main request is a king room so can we make that our priority request and then make 50's building a secondary request?

King beds are not part of the online check in requests so you would want to make sure you have that on your reservation as a request. You can do that through a CM. Then when you do online check in, you can choose 2 additional requests :thumbsup2
Here is what the check in request page looks like for POP:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pop+century+room+request+page&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=O52MU-mHO46Jqgbs8YBY&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=915#q=pop+century+room+requests&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=tE9JfS1z4aUw5M%253A%3BdSycLzxzMoDm8M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fx892hl.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.easywdw.com%252Fforums%252Fshowthread.php%253F9888-Online-Check-In-using-new-My-Disney-Expierence-website%3B640%3B383

Actually, it was the 50's section that we were in (70's was a typo). My confusion was with the statement that *all* lake view and standard rooms are furthest from the food court and bus stops. Our standard pool view room (that normally costs extra but was a free upgrade for us) was much further from those amenities than our standard (no extra cost) lake view room was. The "preferred" and "pool view" rooms within each section are usually closer to the food court and bus stops than the standard rooms in *that* section except for the pool view rooms in the 90's. But a standard room in one section is not necessarily further away than a preferred or pool view room in *every* section. I'd take a lake view room (no extra cost) in the 60's any day over a standard pool view room (extra cost) in the 50's because of the much closer proximity to food and buses. The reality is, I'd take any room on property just to be at Disney...but I prefer to have the room that is closest to the food and buses that doesn't cost me extra money :)

I agree 100%!:thumbsup2

I requested king beds for our recent visit (May 10-16) but mentioned on the phone that the room had to have a bathtub making that the #1 priority and the king-bed #2 priority. My wife insists on a tub and the handicap rooms that have king-beds may have a shower only. Our visit was during a somewhat low-crowd period and our request was met.

I requested king beds for our recent visit (May 10-16) but mentioned on the phone that the room had to have a bathtub making that the #1 priority and the king-bed #2 priority. My wife insists on a tub and the handicap rooms that have king-beds may have a shower only. Our visit was during a somewhat low-crowd period and our request was met.

Thanks! We're not choosy on tubs lol we're quick shower type of people, and we're healthy 20-something's so even the farthest walk for us really wouldn't be much of a burden to us. The king bed is def our #1 priority, hopefully we get it!

Alright, I must not tell a lie, I am a little disappointed with the movies lineup..

Mighty Ducks
Hercules
Tangled
Monsters Inc
Emperors New Groove

And that is all she told me VERY QUICKLY!!! But not too happy...Ohh well I will still be there T-Minus One Day!!! :rotfl::cool1:

Alright, I must not tell a lie, I am a little disappointed with the movies lineup..

Mighty Ducks
Hercules
Tangled
Monsters Inc
Emperors New Groove

And that is all she told me VERY QUICKLY!!! But not too happy...Ohh well I will still be there T-Minus One Day!!! :rotfl::cool1:

They seem to always run a couple of newer ones and the rest older.

Just back from WDW two days ago and once again LOVED staying at Pop! I used to rotate my Value resorts, staying at a different one each year, and then starting back over, but we have now done Pop two consecutive years and have decided we are going to make this our "official" home away from home. Already planning next years visit!

Just back from WDW two days ago and once again LOVED staying at Pop! I used to rotate my Value resorts, staying at a different one each year, and then starting back over, but we have now done Pop two consecutive years and have decided we are going to make this our "official" home away from home. Already planning next years visit!

:welcome: HOME Missymouse!!:yay:

We have been a POP family since our first stay at POP the first year it opened in 2003! We stayed at CB and AS resorts prior to our first stay at POP but once we stayed at POP we were hooked! :dance3:

:welcome: HOME Missymouse!!:yay:

We have been a POP family since our first stay at POP the first year it opened in 2003! We stayed at CB and AS resorts prior to our first stay at POP but once we stayed at POP we were hooked! :dance3:

Same here! We've stayed pop 3 times before, 4th time coming up in September. I've done other resorts, and even been booked at other resorts this year and last year, but I have come back to Pop each time! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter