POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I chatted with a CM online about it too. They had me try different things, and then told me they had no idea what was going on. And that was it.

I actually believe we ARE checked in. Because when I go back in to try again, it says online check in has been completed already.

Did you book through a third party website ( Expedia, Travelocity, etc) because I did, and I wonder if that's the issue here?

Ok. I might just call reservations then & see what they say. I'd assume they'd be able to see if it was completed or not on their end. That way I can make sure they get my room requests in as well. :) I do agree that I think we are checked in b/c of that message & each time I'd go to do it over again, everything was saved.

Honestly though, I remember when I showed up at the Front Desk for 'express check in' last month, it still took about 25 minutes. To be fair, I did ask the CM to swipe a different CC than I had on file & also to split up the room accounts between my roommate & I w/our own CCs on our MBs.

I booked it through Disney so it looks like it's an IT issue on the site.

I have gone back into my online check-in a couple of times and have noticed that it has allowed me to keep adding requests for the room location, etc. to where I now have 4 requests! I tried to remove one and it wouldn't allow me to uncheck anything. I know have ground floor, lakeview, near transportation and 50s. Mind you, I am not complaining! But I am a little worried that "near transportation" will cancel out "lakeview".

Does anyone know if there is a curtain that divides the bath/vanity area from the actual room. I don't relish the thought of trying to get dressed in the actual bath area, I have a 9 yo boy, so I need the curtain. :)

Does anyone know if there is a curtain that divides the bath/vanity area from the actual room. I don't relish the thought of trying to get dressed in the actual bath area, I have a 9 yo boy, so I need the curtain. :)

Yes, there is a curtain. :goodvibes

I have gone back into my online check-in a couple of times and have noticed that it has allowed me to keep adding requests for the room location, etc. to where I now have 4 requests! I tried to remove one and it wouldn't allow me to uncheck anything. I know have ground floor, lakeview, near transportation and 50s. Mind you, I am not complaining! But I am a little worried that "near transportation" will cancel out "lakeview".

Try calling reservations & explain this to them. I'm sure they could make a note of it for you.

Ok. I might just call reservations then & see what they say. I'd assume they'd be able to see if it was completed or not on their end. That way I can make sure they get my room requests in as well. :) I do agree that I think we are checked in b/c of that message & each time I'd go to do it over again, everything was saved.

Honestly though, I remember when I showed up at the Front Desk for 'express check in' last month, it still took about 25 minutes. To be fair, I did ask the CM to swipe a different CC than I had on file & also to split up the room accounts between my roommate & I w/our own CCs on our MBs.

I booked it through Disney so it looks like it's an IT issue on the site.

Can you let me know what they say if you call? I'm hoping you'll hear that everything is fine.

Hi everyone!:yay:
Just booked our stay at POP through Expedia! We plan on buying our tickets later this summer on Undercover Tourist! We usually use a travel agent, but we've booked a trip like this using Expedia and Undercover Tourist before. We always say we are going to wait and go back in a couple of years, but we always end up going back!
We love staying at POP! We like it the best of all the value resorts! We've stayed all over POP and haven't had a bad room yet!
Let me know if you are going at the same time! Would love to meet up with fellow DISER's!!!!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!:yay:
Just booked our stay at POP through Expedia! We plan on buying our tickets later this summer on Undercover Tourist! We usually use a travel agent, but we've booked a trip like this using Expedia and Undercover Tourist before. We always say we are going to wait and go back in a couple of years, but we always end up going back!
We love staying at POP! We like it the best of all the value resorts! We've stayed all over POP and haven't had a bad room yet!
Let me know if you are going at the same time! Would love to meet up with fellow DISER's!!!!:thumbsup2

Can you please tell me why you book the way you do
I have aaa and used them for the resort discount but,got free dining last year and aaa drops their discount if disney gives a better discount. They did help me some made adr for me a few recomendations. Etc.... just wondering about different ways to do wdw. We are going on our second. Trip nov 2015 at pop. We had our honeymoon at csr nov 2013. Looking forward to our pop resort trip

Okay, so I was planning to request 60's building, lake view for our trip in October but it looks like, well, so is everybody else! Hoping hardly anyone going at that time is on the DIS.

Hi!
I haven't read the entire thread yet, just have a quick question. We are booked in a preferred room in June. Which building should we request to be closest to the food court and busses? Thank you!

Hi!
I haven't read the entire thread yet, just have a quick question. We are booked in a preferred room in June. Which building should we request to be closest to the food court and busses? Thank you!

Here is the POP map of each room category. This may help you to determine which era and location you would like to request. http://s962.photobucket.com/user/braverman4/media/POP%20Century%20Thread/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html
The closest preferred room to the food court and buses would be 70's in the Big Wheel building.
But you can always cut through classic hall/food court directly to the bus stops from the preferred room in the 50's building in the Lady or Tramp building. This also gets you closer to the bowling pin pool but far enough away to avoid any pool noise (eventhough this pool is alot less crowded and we have never had any noise problems).
If you are wanting something closest to the main hippy dippy pool and close to the classic hall/food court and buses, you would want to request a preferred pool room. That would get you in the heart of the main area, closest to everything in the 60's section.

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Hi!

You'll have a better chance of getting your request met if you word it as "close to food court" instead of a building. Even though building x may be closer to the food court than building y, there may be rooms is building y that are closer than some rooms in building x. :thumbsup2

You are telling me all these years I have been taking my fan for nothing. I feel lame now!

Hmmm. I have requested a fan by calling the "front desk" at Pop and the response the CM gave me was, "No, we don't do that" and she actually seemed annoyed that I even asked.

Maybe I would have a different response if I requested it in person. :confused3

CounselorX said:
Hmmm. I have requested a fan by calling the "front desk" at Pop and the response the CM gave me was, "No, we don't do that" and she actually seemed annoyed that I even asked.

Because the front desk is the wrong place to make the request. You need to make your request thru housekeeping. When in your room, there is a option on the phone to call housekeeping directly. Press that button and make your request there. Housekeeping has the supply and will bring you one if one is available. :)

People don't realize that even calling the front desk from your hotel room doesn't get you the front desk of POP where you checked in. Your call gets sent to a call center and someone who is not even at the hotel (and may not even be knowledgeable about the hotel) is answering your call. If you have a serious problem while at the hotel, it is ALWAYS BEST to visit the front desk in person. :)

We called the front desk at pop and they sent someone right away (less than 10 minutes). That was in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter