POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! BTW, I'm a fan of your hubby's TRs! I've read If It's Tuesday...& thought it was well done! I didn't realize there were a few more. :thumbsup2

thanks!!! yes, he has quite a few trip reports.. he is very funny. we have made a lot of good friends through his TR, met up with many of them in person!

by the way, the link a few posts up of the pop map also show which are preferred rooms. the 60's lake view rooms are standard. the ones facing the pool are pool view preferred. and the ohter 60s rooms are preferred only.

as far as the pool closings, there ahs been rumours of them fencing in all the pool sand closing them at night. I have no problem with people quietly going for a night swim.
yuo expect a littl noise when you book a pool view room.

about a year and a half ago, I know there were people in the bowling pin pool about 1 am. I know this cause I was tryig to sleep.. AT the pool!!! :rotfl: hubby would NOT stop snoring and the radio didn't work for me to put on my whilte noise. I was at mywits end. we flew, so I couldn't go in the car. I thought of lying in the grass outside the room and thought about critters. I was desperate!!!!!! (and close to commiting murder lol)
I got dressed, dragged a pillow and blanket with me, put 2 loungers together and snoozed. a couple ladies were sitting on loungers quietly talking and looked at me stranng.e "no, not mad at hubby, it's just that he's snoring and won't stop!"
there was a guy and his daughte who went for a swim.. then there was a young couple about 2, he in the pool, her sitting on the side talking. then I fell asleep for a couple hours, till the CAW CAW of birds woke me!

Checked in at Pop Friday the 21st n not leaving till Friday the 28th. We have enjoyed our stay so far n already planning another trip for May. Did how many stays we've had so far since 2006 but we LOVE Pop. But I do love the fact we have received TONS of compliments on our MB.
800cf91f6ab08be5a1ad8f87ea3540fe.jpg

Those are awesome. Where did you get them? I am guessing they are stickers right?

I can try:
Here is the map layout of POP
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae107/braverman4/POP%20Century%20Thread/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg
If you open this and picture EPCOT to the right of this map.
The backside of the "Jukebox building or the lakeside portion of the tramp building facing the right side would be your best "chances" to see any type of fireworks. You would have to be on the top floor and you would have to be in an area that the tree's aren't blocking the balcony.
Our first trip at POP was the first year they opened (so no tall tree's yet), we had a top floor room in the Tramp building on the very end (closest to the lake) and we could see the very top of the fireworks. It was nice but please know that EPCOT is pretty far away so you don't get the full effect of all the fireworks and now that the tree's have matured it is even harder.

Thanks for sharing. I had a feeling it wasn't much of a view for that but now I know for sure. I guess if I just put in a request for a higher floor lake view I will just take whatever. I'm pretty easy. I just don't think I want a pool view as I know my DGD isn't a very good sleeper.

thanks!!! yes, he has quite a few trip reports.. he is very funny. we have made a lot of good friends through his TR, met up with many of them in person!

by the way, the link a few posts up of the pop map also show which are preferred rooms. the 60's lake view rooms are standard. the ones facing the pool are pool view preferred. and the ohter 60s rooms are preferred only.

as far as the pool closings, there ahs been rumours of them fencing in all the pool sand closing them at night. I have no problem with people quietly going for a night swim.

about a year and a half ago, I know there were people in the bowling pin pool about 1 am. I know this cause I was tryig to sleep.. AT the pool!!! :rotfl: hubby would NOT stop snoring and the radio didn't work for me to put on my whilte noise. I was at mywits end. we flew, so I couldn't go in the car. I thought of lying in the grass outside the room and thought about critters. I was desperate!!!!!! (and close to commiting murder lol)
I got dressed, dragged a pillow and blanket with me, put 2 loungers together and snoozed. a couple ladies were sitting on loungers quietly talking and looked at me stranng.e "no, not mad at hubby, it's just that he's snoring and won't stop!"
there was a guy and his daughte who went for a swim.. then there was a young couple about 2, he in the pool, her sitting on the side talking. then I fell asleep for a couple hours, till the CAW CAW of birds woke me!

Funny. My DD when we went on trips would come up missing. One time I found her in the closet and the other laying in the tub. I can't not confirm if it was my snoring or not.:confused3:rotfl2:

Could I get some recommended rooms/buildings? I need a preferred room, not pool view (want a quiet room), and close to parking (we will be driving). I've searched many many pages of this thread and I'm tired of looking! LOL

Thanks!

Could I get some recommended rooms/buildings? I need a preferred room, not pool view (want a quiet room), and close to parking (we will be driving). I've searched many many pages of this thread and I'm tired of looking! LOL

Thanks!

Building 1 in 50's or building 10 in 70's have preferred rooms. Both those buildings are adjacent to parking. I recommend building 1.

Those are awesome. Where did you get them? I am guessing they are stickers right? Thanks for sharing. I had a feeling it wasn't much of a view for that but now I know for sure. I guess if I just put in a request for a higher floor lake view I will just take whatever. I'm pretty easy. I just don't think I want a pool view as I know my DGD isn't a very good sleeper. Funny. My DD when we went on trips would come up missing. One time I found her in the closet and the other laying in the tub. I can't not confirm if it was my snoring or not.:confused3:rotfl2:

They are reg magic bands just decorated them with temp tattoos. Thanks.

9 DAYS!!! Single digits!! I'm packed, decorated my MBs, made my window decorations.... Can't I just leave now??!!? So excited!

So with my deposit paid and dates set we hope to get a nice room up high. lake view would be nice and my first choice. If I remembered correctly there are some that you can see fireworks or something like that? Sorry never stayed at this hotel so can't remember. Would anyone be able to assist me with this?
:confused3

We were in 3426 last week - back side of Tramp Building. Could see fireworks from there - it was beautiful!

Well I'm going to be staying at Pop this coming September. It will be my second trip to WDW. But my first time to Pop. I have been reading this thread to get ideas for a room location. You all have given me a lot of choices! So can't wait for 5 months to go by!

I know how you feel. I'm a little worried for our next trip in September 2015. The last time my husband went to wdw was 2005. At the time we were renting a timeshare at vistana resort so I just bunked with my son and my husband had his own room. My son and I have been to wdw four more times without him and its been great. I know that sounds sad but his snoring his horrible. My son will be graduating in 2015 so we need to do this trip as a family I'm just hoping earplugs will help.

babydoll65 said:
I know how you feel. I'm a little worried for our next trip in September 2015. The last time my husband went to wdw was 2005. At the time we were renting a timeshare at vistana resort so I just bunked with my son and my husband had his own room. My son and I have been to wdw four more times without him and its been great. I know that sounds sad but his snoring his horrible. My son will be graduating in 2015 so we need to do this trip as a family I'm just hoping earplugs will help.
For you or the people in the adjoining rooms?? ;)

I use the statie on the radio between the 2 beds as white noise. the noise is between us so it helps. (the bad part about sleeping in sep. beds is you can't "accidentally" bump him or jiggle the bed;))

That doesn't work either because every time I would (accidentally) kick him he would just roll over and start snoring again. Those lounge chairs near the pool are starting to look good.

lol! you couldn't actually spread out over 2 of them, but I pulled the 2nd one as close as possible to stretch my knee and leg out over it.

some of the radio alarm clocks have "soothing sounds" to fall asleep by, I tried them .. there was like a swamp or something with a bubbling stream... worked good until the bullfrogs showed up! I'm not kidding.

then there was the soothing roar of the ocean.. ooh, this will work.... until.... wait for it.. seagulls!!!!! again with the CAW CAW CAW!!!! sheesh..:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter