• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
alianna said:
I just had to share, as I'm bursting with excitement!
We've reached single digits :) 9 more sleeps until we're at POP for our first trip to Disney!
I think I'm way more excited than the kids :)

Yay!!!! Your going to have soooooo much fun!!!

We've reached single digits :) 9 more sleeps until we're at POP for our first trip to Disney!

I am exactly the same. We leave Aus and arrive at LAX on Thurs, then off to Orlando on Sunday, then POP on Thursday. I can't believe our holiday is nearly here.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We will be arriving at POP tomorrow! WOW I am so excited I started counting at 215 days! So glad it is finally here! We leave today right after work to drive to the airport (3 hr drive) then stay at one of the airport hotels then at 5:45am tomorrow we are on our way to POP! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am exactly the same. We leave Aus and arrive at LAX on Thurs, then off to Orlando on Sunday, then POP on Thursday. I can't believe our holiday is nearly here.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We will be arriving at POP tomorrow! WOW I am so excited I started counting at 215 days! So glad it is finally here! We leave today right after work to drive to the airport (3 hr drive) then stay at one of the airport hotels then at 5:45am tomorrow we are on our way to POP! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You all will have a great time. I am jealous. I have one year from today. :hourglass

Finally I'm on the road to DISNEY!!!!!! Literally...LOL left at 0600 this am from Benton,LA and have stopped at McDonalds for a much needed break in Hattisburg,MS

I'm soooo excited to see the end in sight. It's been a long time in coming, what with my moms stroke/kidney problems, to my dad having to have emergency gallbladder surgery last month. Whew it's been a long year.

Finally I'm on the road to DISNEY!!!!!! Literally...LOL left at 0600 this am from Benton,LA and have stopped at McDonalds for a much needed break in Hattisburg,MS I'm soooo excited to see the end in sight. It's been a long time in coming, what with my moms stroke/kidney problems, to my dad having to have emergency gallbladder surgery last month. Whew it's been a long year.

Have a safe trip & most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!! :-)

Holy moly! Same amount for us! We will be there at the same time and I know that I am way more excited than the kids. They don't even know yet!

Safe travels!

We fly out on 8 days. Can't wait!!! We have gone many times but have always drove so were doing a first using magical express. Can't wait to see the video that everyone talks about.

lovegrumpy said:
We fly out on 8 days. Can't wait!!! We have gone many times but have always drove so were doing a first using magical express. Can't wait to see the video that everyone talks about.

It gets you all excited for your trip. Then the return video makes you sad lol

After 3 calls to housekeeping, was finally able to get a fridge that works. And these are supposed to be the newer models. The one they delivered that i had requested after checking in was running but not cooling when I got back to the room last night. It was replaced this morning and when I came back this afternoon it was also running and not cooling. The gentleman who had replaced it was who came and took care of it for me.

I don't know if this applies to your case but for future reference, most refrigerators won't feel cold until there is something in them. If they are empty but plugged in, they will still feel "warm" inside. The instructions (which aren't left in the rooms with the refrigerators) will indicate that you should put something in the refrigerator when plugging it in to start up. The last 2 times I've gotten a new refrigerator, the deliveryman always told me to put something in the refrigerator so I would be able to tell if it was cooling properly. A few bottles of room temperature water does the trick. And the instructions for our apartment/bar sized refrigerator also indicated the same thing.

alianna said:

Awesome! We'll be there in 12 days. I'm more excited than anyone, especially since the kids don't even know yet. Its their Christmas surprise!

Movie Schedule for December - 7pm

By the Hippy Dippy Pool[/B] popcorn::

Sunday - Oliver & Company
Monday - I'll Be Hone For Christmas
Tuesday - Monsters University
Wednesday - The Santa Clause
Thursday - Secret of the Wings
Friday - The Muppet Christmas Carol
Saturday - Mulan

Hi everyone! Arrived this evening and everything went smoothly :) all requests were met!

Pop has great holiday decorations, will my take some pix tomorrow.

Congrats to all coming in this week - the weather forecast is fantastic.

Safe travels to all. :)

PS we have the new bedding and a new fridge. We are in the 60s.

Checked in early this morning. Was placed in building 8. Not exactly the location I would have liked but the room was ready for me to unload the car. Has old bedding and there was no fridge. Stopped by the front desk before heading to the park to request one. Was asked if I needed it for medical reasons I said no, that I'm staying through Friday and was expecting there to be one in the room. She said that she would have one delivered and it was here when I got back. Just waiting for it to get cool. There was also a large cob web near the AC vent and they took care of that too. Magic band is working fine so far. Just have to remember not to look at it to see what time it is.

Funny I keep looking at my MB expecting to see the time too :laughing:

Bldg. 8 is convenient for the parking lot. Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Here now (checked in at 1am!) first stay here and it is such a cool place!

50s section building 3.

I have a fridge, the bedding is just white blankets/sheets no type of print except on the end decoration piece. Can't wait to explore this place in the daylight!

Welcome to Pop!! :hippie: Hope you have a wonderful stay - don't forget to check the Guest Guide in the room for the bounce back offers :)

After 3 calls to housekeeping, was finally able to get a fridge that works. And these are supposed to be the newer models. The one they delivered that i had requested after checking in was running but not cooling when I got back to the room last night. It was replaced this morning and when I came back this afternoon it was also running and not cooling. The gentleman who had replaced it was who came and took care of it for me.

Sorry that it took three tries to get a working fridge ... Hoping that is the end of any bad luck for you.

Hi everyone! Arrived this evening and everything went smoothly :) all requests were met!

Pop has great holiday decorations, will my take some pix tomorrow.

Congrats to all coming in this week - the weather forecast is fantastic.

Safe travels to all. :)

PS we have the new bedding and a new fridge. We are in the 60s.

Hi Janet. :wave2: Hope you have a magical stay!! pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter