POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone was posting a pic in a FB group that is there now 70s, building 6 and they have the new bedding.

Quick question regarding the Value Resort Pizza delivery fee on the dining plan.

Let's get this part out of the way first... I understand ordinarily it's a waste of credits, but with the SPD promo, I was able to get upgraded to the Deluxe Dining Plan for an extra $112 for 7 days. I'm only in the parks for 6 days and have 21 table service dining credits, and am using a minimum of a two credit signature dining experience every day. That being said, after figuring out my ADR's, no matter what I do I'll still have those 2 credits left over (And this is with my last day consisting of Le Cellier for lunch And Yachtman's for dinner. My post Half Marathon debauchery). Since I can't swap out Table Service Credits for Snack Credits for take home snacks, my only solution is pizza. :rolleyes:

My question is in regards to delivery. I know it says gratuity is included, but does that include the delivery fee as well? I realize it's only $3, but Since I didn't see it listed anywhere, I thought I'd ask.

Conversely, if I walk down to everything pop and pick up a large pizza from the counter, is it still 2 dining credits?

Has anyone ever successfully recovered lost PhotoPass photos? I just realized that our BBB and Chef Mickey photos are missing from my webpage. I emailed two different lost photo forms, but I was wondering how successful Disney is at finding these lost photos. I'm pretty bummed.

Sorry if this has been answered. I haven't been on much since we got back. Makes me too sad, lol. I called yesterday and they were able to recover most of my lost pictures. There were a lot missing! I even had a whole day gone! Luckily I think I am only missing a few because I just couldn't remember where we were in the park. One of them was a random spot where I was really surprised to see a photopass photographer. Bummer was that she was the one to do one of the magic shots I wanted. The CM I spoke with said that there is a group that works on locating pictures more in depth and she would send our info to them and see what else they could find. On the bright side they did find most of them including my dd first ride one Space and her getting lots of attention from Gaston because she was the only one in line (we knew what time he came out and were there early).
Good luck and I hope they find yours! (or did, if I missed it)

Quick question regarding the Value Resort Pizza delivery fee on the dining plan. Let's get this part out of the way first... I understand ordinarily it's a waste of credits, but with the SPD promo, I was able to get upgraded to the Deluxe Dining Plan for an extra $112 for 7 days. I'm only in the parks for 6 days and have 21 table service dining credits, and am using a minimum of a two credit signature dining experience every day. That being said, after figuring out my ADR's, no matter what I do I'll still have those 2 credits left over (And this is with my last day consisting of Le Cellier for lunch And Yachtman's for dinner. My post Half Marathon debauchery). Since I can't swap out Table Service Credits for Snack Credits for take home snacks, my only solution is pizza. :rolleyes: My question is in regards to delivery. I know it says gratuity is included, but does that include the delivery fee as well? I realize it's only $3, but Since I didn't see it listed anywhere, I thought I'd ask. Conversely, if I walk down to everything pop and pick up a large pizza from the counter, is it still 2 dining credits?

Yes it is still 2 credits. You will also get to pick 2 drinks and 2 desserts. Good luck!

Thickey said:
I am looking to book for next October/November but as there are just two of us I VERY much would like to have a king bed rather than two doubles (having a nightstand on each side of the bed would be very nice).

It seems that all the king rooms are modified for disability access, would it be wrong of me to book one and potentially exclude someone who would NEED the room from using it?

I think the only use we would have for another double bed would be somewhere to store clothes as it looks like storage space is a bit sparse in the rooms.

Well since you asked!!!
YES, I think it is incredibly wrong to book a HC room when you clearly don't need one!!! They are in limited supply and you could keep someone else from getting the accommodations THEY TRULY NEED just because YOU WANT a CONVENIENCE for yourself. IMO, that is Rude, inconsiderate & selfish.
Now that said and out of the way... there are some king rooms that are not HC. And you could request one on your reservation and if they have availability and you get one....well there you go!! But it is only a request. If a King bed is that important maybe you should consider a resort like POFQ where it is a bookable category. :)

OMG Andrea said:
Am I correct in assuming that there are NOT coffee pots in the rooms?:coffee:

Yes, that is accurate. None of the values have an in room coffee pot (with the exception of the AoA family suites or Music Suites). But it is not against any 'rules' to bring your own personal sized one along to use. HTH. :)

Yes, that is accurate. None of the values have an in room coffee pot (with the exception of the AoA family suites or Music Suites). But it is not against any 'rules' to bring your own personal sized one along to use. HTH. :)

Yes, thank you! I seriously considered shipping our Keurig to meet us there since we are flying, but then I realized that would mean I'd be without it at home for a few days :sad:

:coffee:

But luckily there was the Starbucks Groupon last week, so we scored $40 gift cards for only $20! Now to figure out how I can get my coffee fix on the 2 mornings we won't be starting in MK or EPCOT... :scratchin

OMG Andrea said:
Yes, thank you! I seriously considered shipping our Keurig to meet us there since we are flying, but then I realized that would mean I'd be without it at home for a few days :sad:

:coffee:

But luckily there was the Starbucks Groupon last week, so we scored $40 gift cards for only $20! Now to figure out how I can get my coffee fix on the 2 mornings we won't be starting in MK or EPCOT... :scratchin

We brought one of those little Hamilton beach one cup hot shot coffee makers with us in the suitcase. We honestly just used it for hot water and brought our Via packets with us. It was about $17 at Target. But really the food court is not far at all from any of the rooms at Pop, and you can get coffee there.

We brought one of those little Hamilton beach one cup hot shot coffee makers with us in the suitcase. We honestly just used it for hot water and brought our Via packets with us. It was about $17 at Target. But really the food court is not far at all from any of the rooms at Pop, and you can get coffee there.

Most people probably don't want to encounter us before coffee ;) but that's a great idea with the little Hamilton thingy. We are about 3 hrs from the nearest Target/Walmart but I'll try Kmart & Sears today to see if I can pick one up!::yes::

OMG Andrea said:
Most people probably don't want to encounter us before coffee ;) but that's a great idea with the little Hamilton thingy. We are about 3 hrs from the nearest Target/Walmart but I'll try Kmart & Sears today to see if I can pick one up!::yes::

You could also order one from Amazon or Walmart and have it shipped to the hotel. We forgot our camera (duh) and I had one sent from amazon to our room no problem.

I bought a Black & Decker home 'brew n go' personal coffee maker. It is a life saver. Yes, we could walk down to the food court to get coffee in our mugs, but EWWW!...drinking water out of the mug after you have had coffee in it! It makes everything taste like coffee after that. lol And like you, I like to have a couple cups of coffee before I even leave my room of a morning. I have brought this travel maker with us everytime we have went to POP. Including my trip for this next week! I just throw a quart size baggie (double bagged) of coffee in the suitcase and it travels just fine.

You could also order one from Amazon or Walmart and have it shipped to the hotel. We forgot our camera (duh) and I had one sent from amazon to our room no problem.

True! I'll have to check if it would get there in time since we go in THREE DAYS!!!

I bought a Black & Decker home 'brew n go' personal coffee maker. It is a life saver. Yes, we could walk down to the food court to get coffee in our mugs, but EWWW!...drinking water out of the mug after you have had coffee in it! It makes everything taste like coffee after that. lol And like you, I like to have a couple cups of coffee before I even leave my room of a morning. I have brought this travel maker with us everytime we have went to POP. Including my trip for this next week! I just throw a quart size baggie (double bagged) of coffee in the suitcase and it travels just fine.

Seriously - it ruins every single drink thereafter!!! :rotfl2: I think it is definitely our best bet to buy a cheapo brewer ::yes::

At Pop now, 80's, no fridge
Is anyone still asking and getting rebate?
If so, how and who do I need to talk to?
If not, why?

Yup.

If not, why?

Go down and speak to a CM at the front desk. If they refuse, and there have been reports of this, ask nicely to speak to a manager. According to Guest Relations, they are supposed to give you the $15 credit.

This was posted on another thread just today by another DIS member.
Time for a Disney Happy Ending.

When I returned home,I contacted Guest Communications just to advise them of the inconsistency in the "awarding" of the Fridge "credit".

I really wasn't expecting them to give me the credit-just wanted them to know it seemed "unfair" for 2 Guests to pay the exact same rate for their rooms with one Guest having a Fridge and the other Guest not having a Fridge.

GC was very apologetic and "awarded" me the Credit saying I should have received it at POP without question-that it was Policy to issue the Credit to Guests.

wingnut3443 said:
If not, why?

I was at POP a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have a fridge, at first. I asked for the rebate and they told me they aren't doing the rebates anymore. I pitched a fit enough to get a fridge delivered. The only reason I pushed the issue was because I was assured twice that I'd have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter