POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Preferred Pool View room booked. Post #2 of this thread has a paragraph about Rates and Rooms which has a map. This map shows the rooms in the 60's building overlooking the Hippy Dippy Pool as the ONLY ones for Preferred Pool View. Correct? I don't want to be at the 50's pool.

Thanks.

Nope one bottle...supposedly a combo shampoo/conditioner mix. It dried my hair out something fierce. I couldn't wait to wash my hair and put conditioner in it when I got home. Towards the end of our week I had to put my hair in a pony tail because I couldn't do anything with it. Ill be bringing my own shampoo & conditioner if we stay at a value again next time.

Ok thanks!!

I have a Preferred Pool View room booked. Post #2 of this thread has a paragraph about Rates and Rooms which has a map. This map shows the rooms in the 60's building overlooking the Hippy Dippy Pool as the ONLY ones for Preferred Pool View. Correct? I don't want to be at the 50's pool.

Thanks.

Yes, preferred pool views are in the 60's buildings for the Hippy Dippy pool. If you just got pool view (not preferred), that would be for the bowling pin or computer pool. :goodvibes

:snooty:
DH and I spent the 25th to Nov 1 at Pop. I have to say we were very unhappy with the changes at POP and you combine them with the MB changes and we were fed up most of the week. We were in the 30's building ground floor facing the lake, no complaints there! Then we enter the room and need to meet our DD and her husband at SOG to buy park tickets. We drop our carry ons in the room, DH throws our money in the safe and locks it, as he is removing the key the core of the safe comes with it! A quick call to maintenance and were told because it involves the safe we have to wait for maintenance, we told them we would call when we got back as we had to meet the kids. We stopped at the front desk on the way to grab a cab to ask for a fridge, we were told it was a request only and they would see if one was available but there was no guarantee. When we get back from shades there are fridges outside each door of the 30s building and they were installing them. DH picked ours up and carried it in and plugged it in. For the rest of the week it made this noise on and off, sort of like a low pitch tea kettle it was the last day there that I figured out the noise was coming from the fridge but it woke me up off and on all week! Next we head to the food court and I see the changes, I was really unhappy with most of the changes there but we have talked about most of those in this thread but really, no cheese fries! Vacation is the only place I eat those!!!! My biggest problem was wine. They have done away with the individual bottles of wine and have gone to a wine blend. They have a white and a red and they are the most vile tasting wine EVER MADE!!! Think skunk water, I mean really, really bad. I am not a wine snob by any stretch of the imagination but this stuff is baaad!
As the week went on the maintenance guys "fixed" the safe twice and the shower head broke so they had to come and replace that too. Then the day before we left we noticed the rug in the shower/sink area was wet so again we called maintenance and went out for our last day, we came back to meet other members of our family who were in the area for a bite and drinks. The rug was more wet than when we left so yet another call to maintenance. We spent a few hours at the bar area eating visiting and having a few drinks and then headed back to our room and by this time that area was flooded. We had to keep our shoes on to get to the bathroom and back ( not very magical in the middle of the night) Our last morning there I showered but didn't wash my hair because I would be standing in a puddle of water to blow dry it. At this point we called the manager and asked him to come to our room so he would see the flooded carpet himself. Of course he didn't come but he called and said he would look into it. He called the day after we got back and said he was sorry for our trouble and was going to credit us for a night.
The magic bands were a whole other problem that cost me another few hours of my vacation trying to resolve issues. It was the first time ever that I was happy to leave Disney and head home.

We were at Pop from Oct 15th to the 25th. Mousehkeeping was awesome. Magic Bands were great just had a few problems at the beginning with them everything worked great after. Ended up with Six Band for the two of us 2 gray, 2 orange & 2 Pink. We had Great weather high 80's low 90's. Food & Wine was Awesome.
Food at Pop was not great. We have been going there since 2006 twice a year and this year the food was terrible. If we decide to stay at Pop next year we will eat in the parks.

One of my friends just came back from Disney and stayed at POP! and she said their Magic Bands worked great. We got selected to test them out so hopefully we have no issues with ours!

Also, I requested the 70's section. Is that a good section to be in? This will be my 2nd trip to Disney. First time we stayed at Coronado Springs for our Disneymoon and then this time at POP for my 30th birthday! :woohoo::cool1:party:

This forum is great BTW! very helpful

Our case of water arrived at Pop this afternoon and we will meet up with it tomorrow night!!!!!!

:cheer2:

One of my friends just came back from Disney and stayed at POP! and she said their Magic Bands worked great. We got selected to test them out so hopefully we have no issues with ours! Also, I requested the 70's section. Is that a good section to be in? This will be my 2nd trip to Disney. First time we stayed at Coronado Springs for our Disneymoon and then this time at POP for my 30th birthday! :woohoo::cool1:party: This forum is great BTW! very helpful

We were in the 70s section at the end of Oct and loved it. Very quick walk to Everything Pop and the busses!

Don't know where my post went, but I posted a question earlier...

Anyone know what the dimensions of the windows at PC are? Getting excited and planning my window décor! :cool1:

Well the plan is to come and visit POP again in October 2014!
We had a great time there in May, and looks like this is going to be our hotel of choice for the next trip. I can't wait. Feels like forever away!

Our last trip we were able to stay in Building one. I was contemplating requesting to stay on the other side of the resort this time so it feels like a new hotel to my kids. But I really enjoyed the bowling pin pool. I like how the stairs go right across the bottom. They both like to sit and play in the stair area since the water can be too deep for to truly play.

Anyone with thoughts, input, opinion on this?

Thanks!
Amy

Well the plan is to come and visit POP again in October 2014!
We had a great time there in May, and looks like this is going to be our hotel of choice for the next trip. I can't wait. Feels like forever away!

Our last trip we were able to stay in Building one. I was contemplating requesting to stay on the other side of the resort this time so it feels like a new hotel to my kids. But I really enjoyed the bowling pin pool. I like how the stairs go right across the bottom. They both like to sit and play in the stair area since the water can be too deep for to truly play.

Anyone with thoughts, input, opinion on this?

Thanks!
Amy

I think that's a great idea! Maybe request near the computer pool for your next trip and then your following trip, request the Hippy Dippy pool. It will feel like a new experience each time! :)

Hi all, jumping in to say we love Pop! I just booked another trip, and I was thinking how funny it is that I didn't even consider another hotel. Pop is home for us now, and I can't wait to get back there!

Hi all, jumping in to say we love Pop! I just booked another trip, and I was thinking how funny it is that I didn't even consider another hotel. Pop is home for us now, and I can't wait to get back there!

Same here! It's like going home!!!! pixiedust:

I'm a little apprehensive about the Pop, so I hope we enjoy it as much as everyone else. We have always stayed at the All Star Resorts and once at AoA. I'm a little nervous about the vast size of this resort and how crowded the Food Court will be.

I also, for handicapped reasons, need to be as close to the main building and parking as possible. Any recommendations on where I should request our room to be located? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter