• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
binkyj826 said:
And those that dont "get it" wonder why I still consider this a VACATION! I would rather be an overtired zombie at Disney than sitting on a beach any day!

Me too! I just can't stay still for a while like some people can! When I lay by the pool, even at Disney, I lay for 30mins, then I'm looking for my book, then my iPod, then I'm gonna go to the pool bar, then I'm texting... I can't just do nothing. 10 days of spending the day snoozing on the beach would be driving me crazy by day 2!

HappyGal said:
I hear ya about the towel animals, we had some on our first visit but none on the last 5 trips. :sad:

I posted to you some pages back but I guess it lost. Would you be able to give me a guess as to how many inches from the floor to the ledge of the window (planning a window display for our christmas trip)?

Thank you soooooo much!:goodvibes

I don't have any kind of tape measure with me, but when I get back tonight I'll give ya the best estimation I can! :)

AuroraRora said:
Me too! I just can't stay still for a while like some people can! When I lay by the pool, even at Disney, I lay for 30mins, then I'm looking for my book, then my iPod, then I'm gonna go to the pool bar, then I'm texting... I can't just do nothing. 10 days of spending the day snoozing on the beach would be driving me crazy by day 2!

Anywhere else that I'd be a zombie, Disney somehow keeps me going. On arrival day I slept for an hour that night before it was time to head to the airport, and I made it til 11pm before I caved and headed to the hotel. Last night it was 2am when I turned the light out and our alarm went off at 6:30am... still truckin' at Epcot! I just mentioned to my friend that I was feeling a bit tired, and she said "only 7hrs to go!" lol! :goodvibes

EDIT: I don't even know how I managed to quote myself :rotfl: Time to step away from the cocktails at F&W?

I don't have any kind of tape measure with me, but when I get back tonight I'll give ya the best estimation I can! :)

Do you mean to tell me you don't pack a yard stick? :rotfl2: I've been trying to find pics online and from what I can tell the ledge may be as tall as the recycling trash can. Does that sound right?:confused3

So I'm noticing a lot of things about the towel animals and the friendly housekeeping,

Does anyone ever request no cleaning services? Is there a do not disturb door hanger?

This might be weird but I'm really OCD about having people clean my hotel room with my stuff in it. I usually always request no room service

Also, do the pop rooms having a *working* room safe? I ask working because my last two hotels (not at disney) had safes but the locks were either broken or they didn't have a key for it lol I'd like to leave some valuables back at the room but I don't want to have to worry about them

So I'm noticing a lot of things about the towel animals and the friendly housekeeping, Does anyone ever request no cleaning services? Is there a do not disturb door hanger? This might be weird but I'm really OCD about having people clean my hotel room with my stuff in it. I usually always request no room service Also, do the pop rooms having a *working* room safe? I ask working because my last two hotels (not at disney) had safes but the locks were either broken or they didn't have a key for it lol I'd like to leave some valuables back at the room but I don't want to have to worry about them

There are do not disturb signs, and if you leave it on the door all day they'll leave you more supplies in a bag on the handle. I've never had a safe that didn't work and it always had a key. Be warned they are not very deep though. Hope that helps!

So I'm noticing a lot of things about the towel animals and the friendly housekeeping,

Does anyone ever request no cleaning services? Is there a do not disturb door hanger?

This might be weird but I'm really OCD about having people clean my hotel room with my stuff in it. I usually always request no room service

Also, do the pop rooms having a *working* room safe? I ask working because my last two hotels (not at disney) had safes but the locks were either broken or they didn't have a key for it lol I'd like to leave some valuables back at the room but I don't want to have to worry about them

Hotel housekeeping is one of those things I just have to not think about, because if I think about it, I'll get freaked out about it. Kind of like eating hot dogs. :p Anyway, I totally get what you mean. But the towel animals are some magic you just don't want to miss! Consider letting mouse keeping in at least one day and leaving a tip to increase your odds of getting a towel animal. Put your stuff back in your suitcase and bring a lock to lock it. The safe is big enough to put extra money and important travel documents in and even a tablet/iPad if you have one and won't be bringing it to the park.

Hotel housekeeping is one of those things I just have to not think about, because if I think about it, I'll get freaked out about it. Kind of like eating hot dogs. :p Anyway, I totally get what you mean. But the towel animals are some magic you just don't want to miss! Consider letting mouse keeping in at least one day and leaving a tip to increase your odds of getting a towel animal. Put your stuff back in your suitcase and bring a lock to lock it. The safe is big enough to put extra money and important travel documents in and even a tablet/iPad if you have one and won't be bringing it to the park.

My iPad was exactly what I was wanting to stash, I see some people in the parks with them but I really don't want to drag mine around. I do have a lock that came with my suitcase (pretty flimsy though) so that's another idea. I really wanted to bring my Nikon but it's not something I want to lug everyday (especially after watching a lady drop her $1400 Nikon during the boo to you! Parade) and I'm afraid of leaving it in the hotel but maybe a locked suitcase will help put my mind at ease. I really only need the Nikon one day to get cool photos for my scrapbook then it can be stashed the rest of the trip and replaced by my point n shoot.

Thank you for the suitcase idea, I think I will go look at better locks tomorrow

Hi all. It's getting closer and I'm getting excited! I know its against fire code and all but I just don't think I can go without my morning coffee or drink whats available in the food court. Has anyone brought a small coffee maker with them? Do I really have to pack it up daily or can I just leave it out and unplug it?

Hi all. It's getting closer and I'm getting excited! I know its against fire code and all but I just don't think I can go without my morning coffee or drink whats available in the food court. Has anyone brought a small coffee maker with them? Do I really have to pack it up daily or can I just leave it out and unplug it?
Small coffee makers ARE allowed! :)

I thought I read that you can bring a small coffee pot but no other appliance. I will see if I can find it again.

Yep page 1 of this thread lists the do's and don'ts.

I thought I read that you can bring a small coffee pot but no other appliance. I will see if I can find it again.
That is true. I actually emailed Disney last year to verify. You can bring a coffee pot but no other kitchen-type appliances. It is listed in the 1st page of this thread. :)

That is true. I actually emailed Disney last year to verify. You can bring a coffee pot but no other kitchen-type appliances. It is listed in the 1st page of this thread. :)

Yep, I brought a coffee maker on each of my trips to POP with no problem.

I came back on Saturday and I had a BLAST! :cool1: I stayed in the 90's, didn't have new bedding but was able to get a new fridge without any problem. I arrived on Saturday and by Friday morning my Abs hurt:confused3. They hurt like if I had just finished an extreme workout:lmao:. I am now planning my 2015 trip! Back to Pop and this time with DH and dd :cool1:

HappyGal said:
Do you mean to tell me you don't pack a yard stick? :rotfl2: I've been trying to find pics online and from what I can tell the ledge may be as tall as the recycling trash can. Does that sound right?:confused3

Must be in my other suitcase :rotfl: I'd say taller than the recycling cans for sure. I'm currently in an awkward bar situation at Wilderness Lodge but when I'm home and not feeling SO out of place lmao, I shall check! :D

mara512 said:
Yep page 1 of this thread lists the do's and don'ts.

sargenca said:

Mikeypro said:
Yep, I brought a coffee maker on each of my trips to POP with no problem.

Thanks! I thought I read the opposite. Good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter