POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused. Do they have Standard rooms in the 60's section? I've looked at the map but I don't think the Standard was listed unless its the same as Standard pool view.

I always thought that the backside of the 60s (lake view) was considered a standard.

We just got back from a week at Pop and loved it! Reading this thread has been very helpful! Thanks everyone :)

My countdown seems to be dragging slower now.

I know.....I just can't wait to walk in POP. That feeling is like no other. The world just melts away, and the possibilities for the week are so exciting! Come on October!

6 days till our first stay at POP Century.....so excited ,not sure how I'm going to get through this work week..lol
Just wondering about the fridge credit people are discussing....our travel agent requested a fridge over the summer when the recall came out and we had our reservations made since March..also we have not received any notification from Disney about no fridges .....is the credit a guarantee in this case?
Also, how has the weather been.....has there been much rain??

I know.....I just can't wait to walk in POP. That feeling is like no other. The world just melts away, and the possibilities for the week are so exciting! Come on October!

You are so right! Pop has gotten under my skin. This is my favorite Dis thread right now because I long to be at Pop again. We spent 13 days at Pop for the first time a few weeks back. Honestly, we had issues with magicbands, cm's our room and the food court and even though it wasn't a perfect stay (is there such a thing?) WE LOVED POP!!!!

6 days till our first stay at POP Century.....so excited ,not sure how I'm going to get through this work week..lol
Just wondering about the fridge credit people are discussing....our travel agent requested a fridge over the summer when the recall came out and we had our reservations made since March..also we have not received any notification from Disney about no fridges .....is the credit a guarantee in this case?
Also, how has the weather been.....has there been much rain??

Nothing is guaranteed, but just state that if there is no working fridge in your room, you would like a $15 credit per night because you booked in March with the expectation that there would be a fridge.

I always thought that the backside of the 60s (lake view) was considered a standard.

That is the way I read the map in the thread but when I tried to request it the CM told me that 60's was preferred. We know CM's are never wrong Haha! I will try again next time I talk to a cm and will also ask again at check in if I don't get it.

GoofyMB said:
That is the way I read the map in the thread but when I tried to request it the CM told me that 60's was preferred. We know CM's are never wrong Haha! I will try again next time I talk to a cm and will also ask again at check in if I don't get it.

That CM you spoke with is wrong and if it was over the phone, chances are they have never even set foot on POP property! ;) they only go by what they read on a computer screen and sometimes that info is incomplete or inaccurate. There are standard rooms in the 60's section...facing the the lake. I have stayed in ones in bldg 5...even ground floor, they were wonderfully quiet (even in July!)!! Loved it!! I'm still partial to the 50's (bldgs 1 & 3), but this would be my second favorite location!! :)

years back, 60s was preferred. just like Fantasia at movies was preferred.

now there are dif. areas of dif. sections. some rooms in the 50's and 70s are preferred, and lakeview rooms in the 60 are not.

at sports, some rooms in touchdown are preferred. there is a map in the sticky . very easy to read, showing preferred rooms, preferred pool view, standard pool view, and just plain old standard.

Does anyone have a magic wand that magically make it Nov 17th. My wand is in the shop & I'm in desperate need to be at POP. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

KNovacovschi said:
Does anyone have a magic wand that magically make it Nov 17th. My wand is in the shop & I'm in desperate need to be at POP. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lol...when you find that wand warp me to October 26th but than slow down time so our week won't go so fast lol

Question.... Last year when we went to Disney for 6 days I packed a bunch of snacks for the kids in my luggage. Everyday I threw some in the park backpack, but never used them. Is it worth the luggage space to pack this stuff, or just leave it at home? We are going for 9 days this time.

Question.... Last year when we went to Disney for 6 days I packed a bunch of snacks for the kids in my luggage. Everyday I threw some in the park backpack, but never used them. Is it worth the luggage space to pack this stuff, or just leave it at home? We are going for 9 days this time.

I did not use snacks so much as quick breakfast stuff--Pop Tarts, granola bars, dry cereal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter