POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can totally relate! Our pets are a big part of our family (2 dogs, a cat & a horse). We always feel guilty leaving them behind. I tend to call my best friend a lot the first day or two to make sure everything is going okay (they have 4 dogs, so they are more than capable of taking care of our 2...the cat stays home alone and the horse is boarded). We do joke that after the initial guilt wears off...and it definitely does as we start having fun at Disney...we call home a lot less.

Go have fun, know that she's in good hands, and make the most of your vacation!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Shy that does help me knowing I am not the only one, I will be in touch with my sister allot driving her crazy..haha

I requested the 70's section, through online check-in as well as a phone call.
If for some reason they can't put me in that section, what should my backup
request be?
I want to be close to the main building but not near the pools.
Thanks! :)

Kimberly1969 said:
I can totally relate! Our pets are a big part of our family (2 dogs, a cat & a horse). We always feel guilty leaving them behind. I tend to call my best friend a lot the first day or two to make sure everything is going okay (they have 4 dogs, so they are more than capable of taking care of our 2...the cat stays home alone and the horse is boarded). We do joke that after the initial guilt wears off...and it definitely does as we start having fun at Disney...we call home a lot less.

Go have fun, know that she's in good hands, and make the most of your vacation!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Shy that does help me knowing I am not the only one, I will be in touch with my sister allot driving her crazy..haha

Skype helps too!

I know this post does really go with this thread, but I am hoping there are some other pet owners :dog: here. When we go to DW next month it will be our 1st time leaving our dog for an extended period of time. We are leaving her with my sister who use to have a dog but she passed away. My question or hope is that someone here can help me deal with the sadness :worried: I feel when I think about leaving my Katie. I know she is not a real child but she is the closest thing we have to one and if anything happened to her we would feel so guilty for wanting to go on this trip. Thanks for listening (reading) I know there's really not much that can be said. paw:

I cried the first time I dropped my daughter off at daycare, and the first time I dropped my golden retriever Atticus off at the kennel so I totally get it. Can you have your sister text you pictures while you're gone?

Yes my sister can and will send texts and pictures, I know in my mind she will be ok, but I let allot of silly thoughts come into play. I am feeling better knowing you guys understand what I am feeling. Thanks Disney Lovers!

I know this post does really go with this thread, but I am hoping there are some other pet owners :dog: here. When we go to DW next month it will be our 1st time leaving our dog for an extended period of time. We are leaving her with my sister who use to have a dog but she passed away. My question or hope is that someone here can help me deal with the sadness :worried: I feel when I think about leaving my Katie. I know she is not a real child but she is the closest thing we have to one and if anything happened to her we would feel so guilty for wanting to go on this trip. Thanks for listening (reading) I know there's really not much that can be said. paw:

Just remind yourself that she is in good hands. We've left our Westie in kennels before, but since a fiasco in 09 we now only leave him with DH's aunt.

I just returned from our POP vacation. Here are some of our experiences at POP.

We chose to do the on-line check-in and I'm so glad that we did! The line for regular check in was very long and the on-line check-in line was significantly shorter. I had put requests on the room when we did the on-line check-in (70's and lake view) and received both with no issues.

I had ordered a case of water to be delivered to POP and mentioned to the CM checking me in that I had placed the order before receiving the letter about the refrigerators. I requested we be given one but was told that they were reserved for people with medical requirements. I asked if we would be given compensation and received the $15 with no drama at all. We were also told we could leave items with the bell check if we needed refrigeration.

When we arrived to the room there was a fridge in the room with a note on the front that it was not to be used. However, it was plugged in - and had leftovers from the prior occupant in there!

Other than the fridge (which I assume wasn't checked since it wasn't SUPPOSED to be used), the room was very clean. We don't like the very heavy bedspreads, so we removed them each night. After a couple of days, we had new, lighter bedspreads put in the room without us even asking.

We ate in the food court a few times for breakfast and once for dinner. All stations were open each time we went. The breakfasts were okay, but a little boring after a few times eating there. For dinner, DH had the spring roll sub and it was not good. I had the tofu and vegetables (I am not vegetarian). I ordered it because I asked to see the vegetables before ordering it (the photos on the menu boards can be deceiving). The CM told me I couldn't see it because it was made to order each time. That sold me, so I ordered it and it was very good!

The RFID mugs went live on Tuesday. They were pretty easy to use and we had no issues. Only the sodas required the RFID. Coffee was not included.

We also had no major issues with the magic bands. I liked them! I was able to use MDE to change our fast passes as needed. The only thing I didn't like was Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and Agent P in Epcot were not set up to use the magic bands. I didn't know we needed our "back up" cards and when we arrived at the fire hall, we had to go to guest services and have new cards made up and then had to return to the fire hall to get our cards.

Overall, we had a great time. If anyone has anything in particular that I can answer, let me know!

What a helpful review!! Thank you for sharing :thumbsup2... Just 1 question, being you just got back, how was the weather? Any rainy days??

I know this post does really go with this thread, but I am hoping there are some other pet owners here. When we go to DW next month it will be our 1st time leaving our dog for an extended period of time. We are leaving her with my sister who use to have a dog but she passed away. My question or hope is that someone here can help me deal with the sadness I feel when I think about leaving my Katie. I know she is not a real child but she is the closest thing we have to one and if anything happened to her we would feel so guilty for wanting to go on this trip. Thanks for listening (reading) I know there's really not much that can be said.

I don't feel as bad leaving our cats because they are so independent and stay inside. As for my dog...she's much more needy. We spent hours Skype/face-timing with my son last May when we were in Mexico just so that we could see the dog (and cats of course). I will text and call the person watching my pets several times a day. I feel your pain!

What a helpful review!! Thank you for sharing :thumbsup2... Just 1 question, being you just got back, how was the weather? Any rainy days??

We had to break out the ponchos twice. Both times it was a significant downpour. For the most part it was just hot and sticky.

As I was pre-ordering my PhotoPass this morning, I went with the the PhotoPass+ on a whim. I have no idea how it works. I know I will get the voucher in the mail before my trip, but where do I go to exchange it for the pass? Can I do it when I check in at Pop, or do I have to go to one of the parks

As I was pre-ordering my PhotoPass this morning, I went with the the PhotoPass+ on a whim. I have no idea how it works. I know I will get the voucher in the mail before my trip, but where do I go to exchange it for the pass? Can I do it when I check in at Pop, or do I have to go to one of the parks

Each park has an voucher exchange location. There are also some resorts and DTD locations. This should help with many of the questions you may have...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/disneys-photopass-service/new-disney-photopass/10150650931518325

You can make changes right up until your FP+ window either on your phone, the website or a kiosk in the park.

You can actually even make changes DURING the FP window. It's just not all options will prob be available. Early in morning everything available. The list gets smaller as the day progress because they have cm in the park actively helping guests set up their day.

You may find it a stretch, but living with IBS is miserable. Timing in the fiber regimen is important to keeping things regular and it is critical to being able to function in the parks without constantly looking for bathrooms. Lines for the rides are unpredictable and you can't always get to a bathroom right away. If they have too few fridges to accommodate everyone, then they need to buy more fridges... not inconvenience the people who expected the amenities that they paid for.

I think all the PP meant is that orange juice is a lot easier to keep cold with ice than medicines are. Juice doesn't NEED to be kept at a constant cold temperature, but some medications do. I don't think they were denying that IBS is a legitimate medical issue. Just sayin'.

Went to POFQ this past August but booked our bounceback for POP next year. The big draw to POFQ was the boat which wasn't working when we were looking to go to DTD, other than that POP has all we need.

I read some where that laundry machines are changing to credit or debit card ONLY. Has this happened at POP already ? Do the still accept coins? We leave in a week, hoping someone has the answer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter