POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just returned from our POP vacation. Here are some of our experiences at POP.

We chose to do the on-line check-in and I'm so glad that we did! The line for regular check in was very long and the on-line check-in line was significantly shorter. I had put requests on the room when we did the on-line check-in (70's and lake view) and received both with no issues.

I had ordered a case of water to be delivered to POP and mentioned to the CM checking me in that I had placed the order before receiving the letter about the refrigerators. I requested we be given one but was told that they were reserved for people with medical requirements. I asked if we would be given compensation and received the $15 with no drama at all. We were also told we could leave items with the bell check if we needed refrigeration.

When we arrived to the room there was a fridge in the room with a note on the front that it was not to be used. However, it was plugged in - and had leftovers from the prior occupant in there!

Other than the fridge (which I assume wasn't checked since it wasn't SUPPOSED to be used), the room was very clean. We don't like the very heavy bedspreads, so we removed them each night. After a couple of days, we had new, lighter bedspreads put in the room without us even asking.

We ate in the food court a few times for breakfast and once for dinner. All stations were open each time we went. The breakfasts were okay, but a little boring after a few times eating there. For dinner, DH had the spring roll sub and it was not good. I had the tofu and vegetables (I am not vegetarian). I ordered it because I asked to see the vegetables before ordering it (the photos on the menu boards can be deceiving). The CM told me I couldn't see it because it was made to order each time. That sold me, so I ordered it and it was very good!

The RFID mugs went live on Tuesday. They were pretty easy to use and we had no issues. Only the sodas required the RFID. Coffee was not included.

We also had no major issues with the magic bands. I liked them! I was able to use MDE to change our fast passes as needed. The only thing I didn't like was Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and Agent P in Epcot were not set up to use the magic bands. I didn't know we needed our "back up" cards and when we arrived at the fire hall, we had to go to guest services and have new cards made up and then had to return to the fire hall to get our cards.

Overall, we had a great time. If anyone has anything in particular that I can answer, let me know!

What time of day was your arrival at Pop? Had you already received your customized MB at home? What all did they do to the MB at the desk? Thanks! :)

I had ordered a case of water to be delivered to POP and mentioned to the CM checking me in that I had placed the order before receiving the letter about the refrigerators. I requested we be given one but was told that they were reserved for people with medical requirements. I asked if we would be given compensation and received the $15 with no drama at all. We were also told we could leave items with the bell check if we needed refrigeration.

Where did you order the case of water? Did you have to order nothing else with it as a mini um order?

mikeeymike said:

Where did you order the case of water? Did you have to order nothing else with it as a mini um order?

We're placing an order with garden grocer about 2-3 wks before our trip. Its a $40 minimum and a $15 delivery charge.

What time of day was your arrival at Pop? Had you already received your customized MB at home? What all did they do to the MB at the desk? Thanks! :)

I arrived around 11:00 a.m. on 8/31. I had already received our MB at home and the only thing they did with the MB at the desk was for us to tap them on the reader to bring up the reservation. The entire process took less than five minutes. The longest part of it was waiting for them to find the case of water in the store room that I had ordered prior to arrival. If it weren't for that and discussing the fridge compensation, I would estimate it would have been about two minutes.

I actually ordered my case of water from Amazon. I'm an Amazon Prime member, so shipping was free on the case that I selected. I didn't have to order anything else with it to get the order placed or the free shipping.

Returned yesterday from a weekend at POP. We checked in Friday night. Had a room in Building 4 third floor. Right after check in we left and went straight over the MK for NOJ. Having a close room was nice after a long night at NOJ. Forgot when we checked in about the fridge credit so we stopped by when we got back that night and had no problems. It was only $30 but enough to cover the few charges we had from that night. One tip do not open those fridges they stink. My DD didn't realize it and had opened ours so glad we were on the way out. We had our bands which had been delivered wks before to our home. No problems with them but they are a bit tricky cause you have to line up mickey to mickey. After a day it was easy. Had the new RFID mug worked with no problems. Again loved our stay at POP.

Can I make FP, shows and dining arrangements on my MB's after I get them or do I have to make those before they ship? I don't think mine ship until the end of this month. I was just wondering.

Kat016 said:
Can I make FP, shows and dining arrangements on my MB's after I get them or do I have to make those before they ship? I don't think mine ship until the end of this month. I was just wondering.

I remember the MDE site allowing me to add FP+ before I got my bands.

angelmom27 said:
I remember the MDE site allowing me to add FP+ before I got my bands.

So I can't make any adjustments after I receive them than? Sorry...these things are confusing lol Disney needs to put a VERY specific webpage out there giving all the details.

We check in Oct. 19 and all I've been able to book (other than rides) is a FP for Saturday & Sunday nights. I've booked both nights, but will cancel one when it gets closer and we have a better idea what we will be doing...hopefully Wishes or Fantasmic, if they ever become available.

It's not just us; from what I've read, the parades, Wishes, Fantasmic & Be Our Guest lunch FP+'s have not been released yet. Since we're still in the testing stage, there is no way to know whether they will become available or not. But I'm sure checking regularly!

Thanks and please let me know if anything else shows up. I'm looking for Illuminations 11/1 and BOG, I can live without either so I hate spending the time checking. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but checking/changing things on FP+ takes a long time.

So I can't make any adjustments after I receive them than? Sorry...these things are confusing lol Disney needs to put a VERY specific webpage out there giving all the details.

You can make changes right up until your FP+ window either on your phone, the website or a kiosk in the park.

I'm posting this question here rather than the Theme Parks board because so many people there don't have access to MBs and it just gets confusing...

We're checking into Pop 10/31. Has anyone with a late October/early November check in been able to get FP+s for any of the night time shows? There were very few choices for FP+ when I made my picks - I know there are more rides that FP+ works on than what came up for me.

I have a FP+ for Friday, Oct. 18 for Illuminations. I didn't see any availability for night time shows except on the weekend night.

I've customized my Magic Bands but they haven't shipped yet. They're scheduled to ship the end of this week. I've already made FP+ reservations and dining reservations.

You can keep changing dining and FP+ in your My Disney Experience (MDE). The Magic Band doesn't have that information on it. The Magic Band just has an identifier number that links to your MDE.

I agree the entire experience is confusing:rolleyes2 I'll settle for Disney simply straightening out all their IT issues.

now that todays just about over I arrive at Pop in 17 days on the 24th and once I drop some stuff off in my room its off to MK and MNSSHP

See you there! We check in on the 22, but we will be at MNSSHP that night! I will be in a Belle tutu dress, DS(almost 3) will be Spider-Man (unless he changes his mind again, and I'm still trying to convince DH to get a costume :yay:

See you there! We check in on the 22, but we will be at MNSSHP that night! I will be in a Belle tutu dress, DS(almost 3) will be Spider-Man (unless he changes his mind again, and I'm still trying to convince DH to get a costume :yay:

We are going oct 22 too. We are going as Peter Pan, Wendy and tinker bell

I am going to try to take my daughter to DW in June '14. I've heard that you can see the fireworks from the resort. Is this true? If so, which building do I need to ask for?

Meetup for the week of Sept 21-28th

Who's in? Who would come? What day/time would be good for folks? I know most of us have put in a fair bit of planning... ;)

Heather and Brian - any time except the day of the 22nd

Tara, Blake and Jasper- We will be there the 22-27, but are doing rope drop to close the first 4 days. The 26th is our "resort" day

I know this post does really go with this thread, but I am hoping there are some other pet owners :dog: here. When we go to DW next month it will be our 1st time leaving our dog for an extended period of time. We are leaving her with my sister who use to have a dog but she passed away. My question or hope is that someone here can help me deal with the sadness :worried: I feel when I think about leaving my Katie. I know she is not a real child but she is the closest thing we have to one and if anything happened to her we would feel so guilty for wanting to go on this trip. Thanks for listening (reading) I know there's really not much that can be said. paw:

I know this post does really go with this thread, but I am hoping there are some other pet owners :dog: here. When we go to DW next month it will be our 1st time leaving our dog for an extended period of time. We are leaving her with my sister who use to have a dog but she passed away. My question or hope is that someone here can help me deal with the sadness :worried: I feel when I think about leaving my Katie. I know she is not a real child but she is the closest thing we have to one and if anything happened to her we would feel so guilty for wanting to go on this trip. Thanks for listening (reading) I know there's really not much that can be said. paw:

I can totally relate! Our pets are a big part of our family (2 dogs, a cat & a horse). We always feel guilty leaving them behind. I tend to call my best friend a lot the first day or two to make sure everything is going okay (they have 4 dogs, so they are more than capable of taking care of our 2...the cat stays home alone and the horse is boarded). We do joke that after the initial guilt wears off...and it definitely does as we start having fun at Disney...we call home a lot less.

Go have fun, know that she's in good hands, and make the most of your vacation! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter