POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always bring a couple beach balls too, and end up having a game with anyone in the pool at that time. It's kind of contagious and gets so that everyone wants to play too!

Just paid off the trip! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

57 days and counting!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hope the fridge situation is fixed by then :scared1:

You are allowed t bring pool toys from home as far a I know too.

You are allowed pool noodles and flotation devices for the kiddos but other pool toys are not really allowed in Disney pools. It is up to the life guards if they will look the other way.

You are allowed pool noodles and flotation devices for the kiddos but other pool toys are not really allowed in Disney pools. It is up to the life guards if they will look the other way.

There last week and there were all kinds of toys being used, including balls.

There last week and there were all kinds of toys being used, including balls.

That's what we've seen, too. I think what they do not allow in the pool are things like rafts that limit the life guards' ability to watch swimmers and see the bottom of the pool.

I did online check in today requested 50's lake veiw!!!! So excited we are staying 14 nights!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I have never called to make a room request. Can someone walk me thru this please. I would like 70's section building 10 (big wheel) near transportation.

If so , call and ask for it. If not, go to online check-in and check off the 70's and any 2nd thinking that you can check off - like top floor or bottom floor. When I did online check-in recently, I checked off 50's and top floor.:)

I have never called to make a room request. Can someone walk me thru this please. I would like 70's section building 10 (big wheel) near transportation.

I just called the same number as always and told them I had a room request that I would like added to my ressie. I told the CM exactly where I wanted: 60's building, ground floor, as close to bridge as possible. She told me if I had an exact room # that she could note that as well.
Quick and easy! Now I just hope for some pixiedust: that we will actually get what we requested. :)

Room location on this trip isn't as important as it usually is for us. We are only at POP for 2nights doing room only. Then we are off to POR Royal Room and then CSR business class for a total of 8 days and that is where the room location is a must. We booked Royal Rooms and business class at those resorts so that we could insure an awesome location!

Honestly, we have been in several different locations at POP and none have seemed too far of a walk.
Good luck and hope you get the room/location you want!! pixiedust:

Does Pop get overrun with cheerleaders the last week of April and first week of May? Anxious to try Pop but concerned since Cheer Worlds or Summit Cheer will be going on during our stay.

My daughter used her puddle jumper last trip. You are allowed t bring pool toys from home as far a I know too.

We always bring a couple beach balls too, and end up having a game with anyone in the pool at that time. It's kind of contagious and gets so that everyone wants to play too!

That's what we've seen, too. I think what they do not allow in the pool are things like rafts that limit the life guards' ability to watch swimmers and see the bottom of the pool.

DD's roommate/BF is a lifeguard at Disney. I had her ask about this...
Policy/rule is any item that is not a life vest type item (think wearable item) is usable at the discretion of the lifeguards based on whether it interferes with their ability to guard the pool safely...certain items such as rafts and floats are just strictly prohibited. But they reserve the right to ask that you not use pool tools even...if the pools are crowded. :goodvibes

Thank you to all who posted your thoughts and advice in our situation. Tell me what you think of my possible worse case plan. We arrive on the 17th of Aug. at pop for our room only if mum can't come what if I talk direct to guest services at Pop upon arrival regarding the checking in for the following day where our actual package begins?? I am wondering if less mistakes may occur if i do it face to face? I wouldnt want things to e can elled by mistake just altered. This is so mucked up. Thank you janetb for your thoughts I appreciate any positive hope!

As I stated before, I feel fairly certain that they will not be able to alter the package that way at the front desk. They are VERY limited on what they can do. Trust me... We have checked into POP Six times this year! :rotfl2: It seemed we were always needing to change something!! One time DD was adding me to the room at 11:30PM for me to come in the next day and I wanted to catch Magical Express at 10am the next morning! Well ME doesn't even open to book until 8am and my flight left at 7:50am. :eek: We have run the entire gammet of issues. Needing to add a night at the last minute... thank goodness the hotel wasn't very busy!! :cool1:
But when it came to applying discount codes, and adding things like dining, they just can't do that at the front desk... So I am thinking you are going to have no choice but to call. The problem lies in that if you don't travel until August 17, you may get stuck paying the bill. Yes, Disney is usually VERY GOOD about hardship cases and medical situations. BUT, you can't count on them to Definitely give you your money back. That said, I guess it comes down to how much of a chance are you willing to take and how upset are you going to be if they don't give you your money back for her portion. I think your chances are excellent that they will/would, BUT it's just not a GUARANTEE. KWIM? But I really think you will have NO choice but to do this via phone. Trust me after MY own personal mess with my June reservation and that was using the Cast Member reservation line :scared1:, I understand not wanting to call... I truly do! LOL! Mine was an awful mess and thankfully two WONDERFUL front desk mgrs at POP were able to straighten my mess out. I found out just a couple of days before we were due to arrive that my ressie had been cancelled even though the deposit was paid! :scared1: Mine was a Cast Member reservation (which is a totally different beast as far as how you pay) and NO ONE could figure out why it got cancelled??? :confused3 I could have potentially showed up and not had a reservation because of glitch! :scared1:
I know you this must be terribly frustrating and you feel like you are between a rock and a hard place but I would think you should have a strong idea at least a few days ahead of time if she's going to be able to make it or not... I'm really sorry! :sad1: Sending well wishes your way!!

Was wondering how the new coffee is at the food court? Not sure if I'm going to bring my coffee pot for the room or not. I was going to bring it if it was still Nescafé. But if it's fresh brewed I may just not bring it.

Thx in advance for any insight :)

Was wondering how the new coffee is at the food court? Not sure if I'm going to bring my coffee pot for the room or not. I was going to bring it if it was still Nescafé. But if it's fresh brewed I may just not bring it.

Thx in advance for any insight :)

The new Joffrey's is brewed coffee, not concentrate like the Nescafé. I liked the Joffrey's...although I also liked the Nescafé so I have a low threshold for the coffee.

I'd say Joffrey's is in the serviceable coffee range...not like wow! this is great! but decent coffee. As compared to the Nescafé it's got more normal coffee characteristics. If that makes sense. :goodvibes

Need to have 2 cases of water shipped to POP, where is everyone ordering from? Walmart no longer ships water :headache:

How is the coffee in the rooms and in the food court? I have become accustomed to the Starbucks brand on my Keurig. Should I bring my Keurig (we are driving, obviously).

My Keurig has spoiled me too, I feel your pain! LOL! Just bring the Keurig with you. :worship:
TBH the coffee at the resorts just isn't good. I'd rather not drink coffee anywhere but at home now. The Keurig is a magical spoiling device! Hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter