• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 Days until we are "supposed" to check into Pop for our vacation do over. This past march we got hit with the Norovirus which ruined our entire vacation, 2 weeks ago my mil got diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer & we found out on Sunday she has days to weeks of life left...So Sad... Praying she goes in peace & that it's not while we're down there or right before we go :(

30 Days until we are "supposed" to check into Pop for our vacation do over. This past march we got hit with the Norovirus which ruined our entire vacation, 2 weeks ago my mil got diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer & we found out on Sunday she has days to weeks of life left...So Sad... Praying she goes in peace & that it's not while we're down there or right before we go :(

I'm so sorry to hear that, my SIL is fighting lung cancer right now for the 2nd time. I'll say a prayer for you all and hope that you get to enjoy your trip. Sounds like you all need to get away for awhile in the Disney "bubble". :grouphug:

Yeah exactly what I'm talking about. Mickey mail sounds better but yeah like a packet with details on your upcoming trip. When do you usually get this Mickey mail?

That Mickey mail only goes out with a package. If you have a room only reservation, the details are sent via e-mail. You will get a Magical Express envelope with a booklet in it if you are using ME. I wasn't sure if you had a package or a room only reservation, so I thought I'd just mention the distinction.

Too cute! I bet everyone's so excited! Everyday I tell my DH, ___Days LOL! This morning it was 67 days!

:woohoo: You are getting so close!

I do the same thing...67 days for us, too! It will be our first stay at POP. We're excited to see for ourselves why POP has such a loyal following. ASMo was fine on our last trip, but I'm hoping we enjoy POP more. I'm also excited to walk over to AoA and try out the food court.

Someone posted this morning that fridges just started being replaced in the 50's section on Sunday as they were checking out. That gives me hope we'll have a working fridge for our trip in October.

Another poster said that they just left POP this weekend and the 50's building had a bunch of new fridges ready to be installed! Hopefully they will all be in soon.

I do the same thing...67 days for us, too! It will be our first stay at POP. We're excited to see for ourselves why POP has such a loyal following. ASMo was fine on our last trip, but I'm hoping we enjoy POP more. I'm also excited to walk over to AoA and try out the food court.

Someone posted this morning that fridges just started being replaced in the 50's section on Sunday as they were checking out. That gives me hope we'll have a working fridge for our trip in October.

I think you'll love Pop. I've stayed at CBR, ASMovies and Pop. Pop has been our favorite so far. We loved it. ASMo was really nice, loved the decor, but I think Pop just has a lot going for it in layout, busing, fun etc.

That's great news about the fridges! :woohoo: I'm also hoping for a working fridge by then ;)

Questions about the cabs: Do they drop off directly at MK's gates or at TTC? Also, are the taxi vans available for larger groups? (Thinking this may be the way to go for our pre park breakfast ressie at MK).

Another poster said that they just left POP this weekend and the 50's building had a bunch of new fridges ready to be installed! Hopefully they will all be in soon.

Great news! We are hoping for 70s but since we are only there a couple of nights we can survive with the ice bucket if necessary.

Questions about the cabs: Do they drop off directly at MK's gates or at TTC? Also, are the taxi vans available for larger groups? (Thinking this may be the way to go for our pre park breakfast ressie at MK).

Depending on the size of your group at that hour you may want to go ahead and schedule a ride with Mears instead of hoping they have enough space.

Taxis drop passengers off at the TTC. You could ask to be dropped at CR and then walk to MK if you don't want to deal with the monorail or boat from TTC to MK. There are many taxi vans, but you'll want to arrange for that in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter