POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one of these rooms booked for our Oct. stay. It is a handicapped accessible room and is specifically stated on our reservation. I wasn't told that this was a request only room. I know most rooms are by request, but I was told that I it is booked and it is stated directly on our reservations. Should I be worried about not getting it? There is no way my autistic daughter and handicapped mother can share a bed.

If you booked an accessible room with a connecting room, you'll be okay. That is one of the categories for which they will guarantee.

Now, that being said, all Disney really does is guarantee that you'll have a room on property in the category booked. So, if they screw up at Pop, it is a REMOTE possibility that you would be moved to a different resort. This is very unlikely to happen, but as soon as someone says something is guaranteed, another person will post about the "real" guarantee, so I was just trying to address that here. I'm quite confident that your booking will work fine and you'll get exactly what you need.

I have a question about room requests...

We are checking in 49 days (yay!) and I was able to access online check in on the Disney website... but the only thing I could request was decade building and pool/lake view and floor number.

Is there another way to request a king bed over the 2 double beds? Is this a problem with the website? Or am I too far away from check in for that?

Thanks for the help!

What you are seeing online is accurate.

The king bed request is one where you need to call and have it added to your reservation.

The online check-in system has not provided a king bed room as one of the requests available during online check-in.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

30 days!! OMG! Sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We land at 11:40am, so we will be arriving at Pop just in time for lunch! ::yes::

Question, once I'm here, if the lineup at the "online checkin" desk is longer than the regular checkin line, can we get into that line? Or do I HAVE to use the online checkin line??

Also, if my room is not ready, will front desk (or someone) be able to "hold" or "keep" our carryon bag so we can just head on over to the park??

What you are seeing online is accurate.

The king bed request is one where you need to call and have it added to your reservation.

The online check-in system has not provided a king bed room as one of the requests available during online check-in.

Thanks so much! I will make sure to call them and make that request.

Question, once I'm here, if the lineup at the "online checkin" desk is longer than the regular checkin line, can we get into that line? Or do I HAVE to use the online checkin line??

Also, if my room is not ready, will front desk (or someone) be able to "hold" or "keep" our carryon bag so we can just head on over to the park??

You really should use the online check-in line. Your folder is stored on that side of the desk area. Even if the regular line seems shorter for some reason, your wait may still be longer because the process is (supposed to) take longer. Also, I wouldn't expect the online check-in line to be substantially longer than the regular line -- sometimes they are about the same if it's not busy -- although it's quite possible the regular line could be really long depending on how busy it is.

And yes, if your room isn't ready, you can take your bags back out front to the luggage desk and check them there. They will tag the bags and give you a ticket for pickup later.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

30 days!! OMG! Sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We land at 11:40am, so we will be arriving at Pop just in time for lunch! ::yes::

They will actually take you from online check in to the regular desk if the line gets to long. THere always seems to be a manger type person making sure things are moving correctly. But with that said I have waited over 30 minutes to check in before. No big deal for us.

I have used online check-in 4 or 5 times. 2 of those were for POP. I never was behind more than one other family and twice I was sent to the concierge desk to check-in, even though there was no one in front of me. Clearly, they work hard to keep the wait at online check-in short.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

6 days till we are at Pop, so excited DGD 4 and DGD 2 and DM 71 first visits.

Welcome to the DISboards! Glad you found your way to the Pop Century thread. There are many nice people here with lots of good advice and information. Hope you have a blast on your trip making sweet memories with your grandchildren! When I am in Disney World with my kids and grandkids, it truly is my heaven here on Earth. :)

And I hope the 71 year old feels like a kid again while she is there! :cool1:

MeMom said:
Welcome to the DISboards! Glad you found your way to the Pop Century thread. There are many nice people here with lots of good advice and information. Hope you have a blast on your trip making sweet memories with your grandchildren! When I am in Disney World with my kids and grandkids, it truly is my heaven here on Earth. :)

And I hope the 71 year old feels like a kid again while she is there! :cool1:

Thanks..We are all very excited. I have gotten lots of info from the boards. Been lurking here for a long time.

So I was reading a thread where someone was saying that they would never stay at Pop again. Further down the thread I read that some Pop Warner kids were there in December and were rather unruly. I LOVE Pop and am planning to be back there December 3-10. But I have to admit that I am very concerned that the Pop Warner kids might be there. Has anyone heard/read where the Pop Warner kids are staying this year? Thx!

So I was reading a thread where someone was saying that they would never stay at Pop again. Further down the thread I read that some Pop Warner kids were there in December and were rather unruly. I LOVE Pop and am planning to be back there December 3-10. But I have to admit that I am very concerned that the Pop Warner kids might be there. Has anyone heard/read where the Pop Warner kids are staying this year? Thx!

Interesting, as I stayed at POP in December last year at the same time as Pop Warner and had no problems with them at all. Pop Warner usually only uses POP as overflow, so there aren't many there. They stay more at the All Stars and CBR USUALLY, and POP Century is just used for the overflow of them. I don't know for sure about this year, but I have never had issues with them being rude or a problem with POP. If you show up to the food court at the same time as a large group it can make it take a little longer obviously, but they even get separate buses so they don't cause back-ups for the other guests. I wouldn't worry too much.

homeschoolmomof4 said:

The resorts aren't announced until late September early October. But I wouldn't worry too much. Pop Warner starts December, 7th. Pop is not usually a host resort, but some families that are part of Pop Warner are Disney veterans and pay out of pocket to stay at Pop. Or it is used as overflow.

Ok yes, I know I'm posting lots lately, I'm just so excited :yay:
Disney mail showed up today.... Luggage tags! OMG sooo cute!

4 weeks tomorrow! :dance3:

Newest newbie here lol best place to stay on property with DD 7 and DD 2 would like to be near pool and main building/ buses thanks so much!!

Interesting, as I stayed at POP in December last year at the same time as Pop Warner and had no problems with them at all. Pop Warner usually only uses POP as overflow, so there aren't many there. They stay more at the All Stars and CBR USUALLY, and POP Century is just used for the overflow of them. I don't know for sure about this year, but I have never had issues with them being rude or a problem with POP. If you show up to the food court at the same time as a large group it can make it take a little longer obviously, but they even get separate buses so they don't cause back-ups for the other guests. I wouldn't worry too much.

The resorts aren't announced until late September early October. But I wouldn't worry too much. Pop Warner starts December, 7th. Pop is not usually a host resort, but some families that are part of Pop Warner are Disney veterans and pay out of pocket to stay at Pop. Or it is used as overflow.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease! :goodvibes

Odd question: Lets say I wanted to buy a balloon to put in my room because (I want the A/C to stay on) I like balloons and they are fun... Do they sell balloons at everything pop or will I have to import one from one of the parks?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Odd question: Lets say I wanted to buy a balloon to put in my room because (I want the A/C to stay on) I like balloons and they are fun... Do they sell balloons at everything pop or will I have to import one from one of the parks?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I don't remember ever seeing balloons at Everything POP. Could be wrong, but I think you would have to get it from a park or DTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter