• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's here, it's here!!! Finally the day has come!! We are leaving tomorrow morning and soon I will be "home" again!! Can't wait and I know I won't be able to sleep tonight!! LOL

:cool1::cool1::banana::wizard:

I wanted to hit the LIKE button on this. It's so fun to share in the excitement as others head out. Hope you are having a blast!

Heading over for a quick stay tonight. :) Happy to take any pictures or answer any questions! :) My kids love POP so we decided to spend a night as a reward from my girls getting great report cards.

Very nice to be close enough to do quickie trips! :thumbsup2

I thought you could not make adrs until 90 days out??

What LauraJean said, it is 180 days. And if you stay at a Disney Resort you can make your ADRs at 180 + 10 days. You don't have to keep calling back each day to make your ADR for that day of your trip. Just call on your 180th day and get all your ADRs made for the length of your entire trip but only up to 10 days. If your trip is longer you'll have to call back for those extra days.

We have generally stayed at All-Star Music when we re only going to be at Disney for a few days. But, several people lately have told me how much better Pop Century was. Can anyone tell me the the differences between the two other than Pop Century is newer?

Another difference to keep in mind is that they are separating the pricing on the room rates between the All-Star resorts and Pop Century (and between Pop and AoA Little Mermaid). Generally the room rates are now $10 more per night at Pop when you compare standard to standard, preferred to preferred.

Hi Becky! You can call to add a request to your reservation now, if you wish. You can also wait and enter requests when you do online check-in. At that time, you may request a particular decade, Lakeview, ground floor, or something else that I'm not remembering. Online, you can choose up to two requests. I love Lakeview rooms as I find they are quieter. We've been assigned to the 1950s and 1970s for Lakeview and liked both. Take a look at the property map and see if anything appeals to you We've also gone to pop with no requests and were happy with our room assignment. If you're okay going with the flow, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks so much! I didn't even think of looking at the property map :goodvibes

News Flash......Joffrey's coffee was unveiled at Pop Century this morning. And it is much better than than the Necafe stuff (I tried them side by side).:cool1:

:yay::woohoo::banana:

10 Days!!! I can't wait!!!

I am even mostly packed!!! :hyper:

We will be at Pop the 19th until the 28th? Anyone else going to be there then?

News Flash......Joffrey's coffee was unveiled at Pop Century this morning. And it is much better than than the Necafe stuff (I tried them side by side).:cool1:

MY dh will be so excited real coffee. I don't drink it but he at least drinks 2 mugs worth in the am.

!!!
Brewed coffee only, or espresso drinks as well? Sounds like I can pack fewer coffee-in-a-can!

HappyGal said:

Is the Nescafé still being served or has it been replaced by Joffrey's? Just curious about using the refillable mug....
Thanks

Is the Nescafé still being served or has it been replaced by Joffrey's? Just curious about using the refillable mug....
Thanks

I expect that when the Joffrey's shows up, ultimately the Nescafé is gone from that location, although I'm not sure what the PP is saying about trying them side by side. Maybe they have a mix of machines during the transition.

For the long term I think you'd be filling your mug with Joffrey's.

Got my magical express tags today!!! Woo hoo!!!
36 days and counting! So excited to stay at Pop for the first time! We are talking about Disney every day!!

30 day count down starts today!!!

Just received our luggage tags... I love them!
Thanks Pop people for all your help! I have to say that the kindness and fun spirited nature of this thread is so refreshing!!!
Safe and happy vacations to all!

Hello POP friends! My family will be at POP May 2nd-9th. Definitely excited - we haven't stayed on-site since a trip to All-Star Sports in April of 1995.

Maybe I'll catch some of you over by Petals! :cool1:
...I hope the cinnamon roll is as delicious (and large) as I remember it!

Looks like we're in between you guys!
May 9 th - 19 th
Getting our window decorations started!!!
We can hardly wait!!! Yippee !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter