• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Poppers!! I'll be hanging around here for a bit. DH and I have decided that we're going to try Pop out for our December trip. It's a way we can afford our 10 day WDW trip even if we don't get a discount.

DH is super excited about trying the resort out and would like to try for a lakeview room. I'm just afraid will have a lot of requests. In a perfect world we would like - non-accessible king bed lakeview top floor 50's section (not sure what the building # of Tramp is).

Now obviously we're fine if we don't get all that. but is there a better way to word the request?

TIA
Look at this building layout map. I don't think the Lady building has non accessible king rooms. http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/1329/popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg

I also think you would need to book preferred or standard pool view to get a lake view room in Lady. http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/...read/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

Look at this building layout map. I don't think the Lady building has non accessible king rooms. http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/1329/popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg

I also think you would need to book preferred or standard pool view to get a lake view room in Lady. http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/...read/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

Thanks, but I was looking at the building that has Tramp near it, not Lady as DH would prefer a view of the lake not really the pool view with partial lakeview in the background. :) The back side of the Tramp building looks like standard rooms unless I'm totally reading the map wrong.

ETA: Ok looking at the king room map again it shows for the 50s section only the jukebox building had non accessible rooms so maybe we'll try for the playdoh building or the Mickey phone building in the 70s.

Thanks, but I was looking at the building that has Tramp near it, not Lady as DH would prefer a view of the lake not really the pool view with partial lakeview in the background. :) The back side of the Tramp building looks like standard rooms unless I'm totally reading the map wrong.

Sorry don't know how I read Lady.:confused3. Lake view in Tramp is standard.

Still don't think Tramp has non accessible king rooms.

Heeeeeeellllllloooooo PoPers!!

I am sooooo glad to be part of your group again!! I stayed at Pop time before last that we went to the World and I talked so highly about it that my husband wanted to try it out too (i came with my little sister). So, I have convinced him to take a vacation this August and I've managed to convince my mom and my baby sister (15 yr old) and maybe my dad (if he can score more vaction time) to come along.

We have 2 kiddos, who will be 5 and 7 when we go, and we are going to suprise them. Right now the plan is to not tell them anything about the trip, then on the morning, just tell them we have a suprise and drive to the airport. When they question, we will say we are going to see grandma and grandpa. Then when we land at MCO (hopefully) they (grandma and grandpa) will be there to meet us and tell the kids where we are really going!!

Anywhooo, super excited and can't wait to spend some more time at POP! :cloud9:

I am sooooo glad to be part of your group again!! I stayed at Pop time before last that we went to the World and I talked so highly about it that my husband wanted to try it out too (i came with my little sister). So, I have convinced him to take a vacation this August and I've managed to convince my mom and my baby sister (15 yr old) and maybe my dad (if he can score more vaction time) to come along.

We have 2 kiddos, who will be 5 and 7 when we go, and we are going to suprise them. Right now the plan is to not tell them anything about the trip, then on the morning, just tell them we have a suprise and drive to the airport. When they question, we will say we are going to see grandma and grandpa. Then when we land at MCO (hopefully) they (grandma and grandpa) will be there to meet us and tell the kids where we are really going!!

Happy planning.:)

Hi Poppers!

Looking forward to POP being my home away from home again in 16 days!
Will be there from March 6th thru the 12th.

See ya real soon! :cool1:

Just spent 5 nights at PoP from Monday to Friday night, checking out on Saturday morning. Happy to report we had no issues with the room whatsoever.

We spent the first 2 nights of the trip in a cars suite at AoA and then moved over when we started the parks on Monday. We did the switch to mostly save money when no free dining was offered for our week. We also knew we would not spend much time at the resort once we started the parks on Monday and we were right.

In fact, my wife and 2 boys never saw the food court , arcade, or even the welcome area. Each day was got up, ate breakfast in room, got to rope drop and return and go to sleep. We stayed next to Lady and went swimming on our AK day at night while mom did some laundry but that was the extent of the "visiting the resort" So it worked out and the money we saved was worth the switch. We planned to also swim Saturday morning before check out but it was too cold.

I have a question and a request! I will be there in 9 days!!! YAY!!!!:banana:

Can anyone post a pic of the King cupcake? I am dying to try.

Also when I booked, I had to do it as a 1 day ticket, then will upgrade to the 3day FL resident ticket (I will have to pay the difference) if I do online check in will I still be able to do that? I just don't want to mess up and not get my 3 day tickets and only end up with 1 day.

Can anyone post a pic of the King cupcake? I am dying to try.

Here you go!

June2012Part1150.jpg

June2012Part1151.jpg

MichelleWDWfan said:
Hi Poppers!

See ya real soon! :cool1:

Congrats! Can't wait to get back to my central Florida home at the pop.
Take lots of pictures and post them for all of us if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Paid my vacation off may 13-may 19 we can't wait for pop century!!!!!!!

Hi Poppers!

:cool1: Have a great time! :cool1:

Thank you MeMom! I am so excited, it looks delish! Did you have one? Did you like it?

Yes! :thumbsup2 We had one last August... it's very rich, so its best shared. (okay, I'm not MeMom, but thought I would give you our take:))

How much is that cupcake?

$4.25 (snack credit on the Dining Plan).

:goodvibes

ImpossibleOfMe said:
I know that 'small coffee pots' are allowed but am not clear on what is considered small.

Would something like this qualify?
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-12-Cup-Switch-Coffeemaker/dp/B002MVJQPA/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1361125089&sr=1-1&keywords=Mr.+Coffee+Coffeemaker

thanks

I don't think they have explicitly spelled out and defined small. But let's be honest here, how much of a difference in hazard is there between a 4 cup vs 8 cup vs 12 cup coffee maker? I really think a 12 cup coffee maker is acceptable as they still have a regular 2 prong plug. I do think that is as big as I would go though...
This is just all my opinion. I do think they have left this open for their own protection. So they can choose to request the removal of an item they feel is unfit or unsafe. Good Luck!! :)

Also when I booked, I had to do it as a 1 day ticket, then will upgrade to the 3day FL resident ticket (I will have to pay the difference) if I do online check in will I still be able to do that? I just don't want to mess up and not get my 3 day tickets and only end up with 1 day.

On line check in will not affect your package details at all. It siimply allows you to provide information in advance that would normally be asked in person and allows you to go to the "on-line" check in line as opposed to the regular line (in theory providing you a faster process). Once provided with your room key/ticket, you will be able to upgrade your ticket. :)

Hellloooo JavArmy!! :goodvibes Nice to "see" you back on the POP thread. :hippie: That's awesome that you are planning to surprise them!! Hopefully you and/or DH can record your parents unveiling the big reveal!

Have fun planning all the details...:goodvibes .... remember FD is historically offered in August if you interested. :)

Just spent 5 nights at PoP from Monday to Friday night, checking out on Saturday morning. Happy to report we had no issues with the room whatsoever.

We spent the first 2 nights of the trip in a cars suite at AoA and then moved over when we started the parks on Monday. We did the switch to mostly save money when no free dining was offered for our week. We also knew we would not spend much time at the resort once we started the parks on Monday and we were right.

In fact, my wife and 2 boys never saw the food court , arcade, or even the welcome area. Each day was got up, ate breakfast in room, got to rope drop and return and go to sleep. We stayed next to Lady and went swimming on our AK day at night while mom did some laundry but that was the extent of the "visiting the resort" So it worked out and the money we saved was worth the switch. We planned to also swim Saturday morning before check out but it was too cold.

Welcome back! :cool1: Happy that POP fit well into your plans....perhaps next time (if there is one :)) you will be able to utiilize the resort a bit more, i.e. other pools, food court, arcade...

BTW... how was your stay at AoA?? The Cars Suite is our favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter