• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey Mail arrived today!! I am 10 days away from arrival! WooHoo!
I was thinking though...as many times and as much time as I have spent at Disney, this will be a trip with quite a few firsts...
I've never been in March or to the flower & garden festival @ Epcot.
I'm dining at Yachtsman Steak House & Narcossee's for the first time.... and hopefully Be Our Guest (even if it's just for lunch!)
I also found out FourforaDollar (not sure that I spelled that correctly) will be performing at the American Gardens in Epcot while I am there under their new name! So excited about that!! I loved them!!!
And lastly plan on trying that limited time only Dole Whip with Rum available in Epcot while I am there! Dole whips are some of my favorite treats at WDW!
Getting very excited about this trip!! But most of all, I can't wait to see my WONDERFUL DD!! She looks BEAUTIFUL in her costume! She has lost so much weight for all the walking she does all day long in her job. She calls it the 'disney diet'...mandatory exercise with little time to eat! LOL!

I just got back from a 7 night trip to Pop with my 2 sons. We had a blast! Some highs and lows are below. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Highs:

We were upgraded to a preferred room!! I requested close to the bus stop due to my son's medical conditions and we were in building 10 which was perfect for us.

I forgot one of my son's medications. Pop immediately transferred me to the pharmacy that delivers. 2 phone calls, $7.50 delivery fee and 2 hours later his medication had arrived. The front desk handled everything!

The male CM (looked like he was sort of in charge) gave me a carnation every morning. Nice touch!

The food was pretty good for food court food. I especially liked the "make your own salad" option. It was a huge salad and I'd eat half for breakfast the next morning! LOL

The King Cupcake. Enough said.

Lows:

Mousekeeping was pretty terrible. We didn't get a towel Mickey when we arrived. :( And they wrapped up one of my son's shoes in the bedding (we assume). The CM at the front desk didn't believe me but said she'd credit my account $20 to buy a new pair. Still haven't seen the credit show up.

We had an early am flight so I had luggage store my luggage overnight instead of having to lug it out at 3:30 am. The guy in the luggage area was sound asleep when I went to claim the bags. I had to shake him to wake him up!

Had a rude CM at check-out.

The food court was super busy. They seemed to be training a lot of people. I felt so badly that they had a lot of elderly CMs working so late at night when the food courts would get slammed.

The rooms were pretty tight. I thought the resort was fun.

2Pirates2Princesses said:
Does anyone know if they still bring out big wheels for kids to ride on in the afternoon near the 70's buildings? I read somewhere that this is one of the organized afternoon activities they do for kids at Pop and I know my 4 and 6 year olds wouldn't want to miss out on that :goodvibes

Anyone?? Should I assume they don't do this activity anymore?

2Pirates2Princesses said:
Anyone?? Should I assume they don't do this activity anymore?

I will try to find out an answer for you on my trip in 10 days if no one else seems to know before then...
My kids would've been too big for this for years now and we generally stay in the 50's or 60's, so that's why I am clueless on this one!! Best I can do is ask for you when I get there.

stitchlovestink said:
I will try to find out an answer for you on my trip in 10 days if no one else seems to know before then...
My kids would've been too big for this for years now and we generally stay in the 50's or 60's, so that's why I am clueless on this one!! Best I can do is ask for you when I get there.

Thank you, I read about this somewhere and I was curious if it was something still offered.

SwimBikeRun said:
I just got back from a 7 night trip to Pop with my 2 sons. We had a blast! Some highs and lows are below. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Highs:

We were upgraded to a preferred room!! I requested close to the bus stop due to my son's medical conditions and we were in building 10 which was perfect for us.

I forgot one of my son's medications. Pop immediately transferred me to the pharmacy that delivers. 2 phone calls, $7.50 delivery fee and 2 hours later his medication had arrived. The front desk handled everything!

The male CM (looked like he was sort of in charge) gave me a carnation every morning. Nice touch!

The food was pretty good for food court food. I especially liked the "make your own salad" option. It was a huge salad and I'd eat half for breakfast the next morning! LOL

Lows:

Mousekeeping was pretty terrible. We didn't get a towel Mickey when we arrived. :( And they wrapped up one of my son's shoes in the bedding (we assume). The CM at the front desk didn't believe me but said she'd credit my account $20 to buy a new pair. Still haven't seen the credit show up.

We had an early am flight so I had luggage store my luggage overnight instead of having to lug it out at 3:30 am. The guy in the luggage area was sound asleep when I went to claim the bags. I had to shake him to wake him up!

The food court was super busy. They seemed to be training a lot of people. I felt so badly that they had a lot of elderly CMs working so late at night when the food courts would get slammed.

Welcome Home!!
Bet it was Turner drugs! I have them in my list of important #'s that I take in my Disney travel binder! They have a GREAT reputation. Glad you were able to get his meds so easily!!!
Congrats on the upgrade but sorry mousekeeping was subpar! :(
I enjoy the food court quite a bit there. Interesting you would say you had a lot of older CMs as when I was there in January...the late evening was like a college crew! I suspect they had a lot of CPers at that time! Although...it was the changeover to the new spring group...I was bringing my DD in as a CP CM (not to work there at POP but elsewhere at WDW). Anyway, it was a little bit of a party at times, but the kids were always nice and helpful. They would chatter and ask if you needed anything. I never had any problems getting help.
Hope Overall, you enjoyed your trip!! :)

Mickey Mail arrived today!! I am 10 days away from arrival! WooHoo!
I was thinking though...as many times and as much time as I have spent at Disney, this will be a trip with quite a few firsts...
I've never been in March or to the flower & garden festival @ Epcot.
I'm dining at Yachtsman Steak House & Narcossee's for the first time.... and hopefully Be Our Guest (even if it's just for lunch!)
I also found out FourforaDollar (not sure that I spelled that correctly) will be performing at the American Gardens in Epcot while I am there under their new name! So excited about that!! I loved them!!!
And lastly plan on trying that limited time only Dole Whip with Rum available in Epcot while I am there! Dole whips are some of my favorite treats at WDW!
Getting very excited about this trip!! But most of all, I can't wait to see my WONDERFUL DD!! She looks BEAUTIFUL in her costume! She has lost so much weight for all the walking she does all day long in her job. She calls it the 'disney diet'...mandatory exercise with little time to eat! LOL!

:cool1: Mickey Mail.. the BEST mail ever!! :cheer2: Sounds like a great line up of "firsts" planned for this trip!

And congrats to your DD :thumbsup2... hmmm seems like we should all try the Disney Diet! ::yes::

Highs:

Lows:

Welcome home! Congrats on the room upgrade!! :cool1: Sorry that mousekeeping was not the best. Hopefully you will see that credit soon... Happy that the CMs came thru in getting info to you quickly regarding replacing your son's meds. Overall, it is great to read that you all enjoyed your stay at Pop. :hippie:

I agree! While we enjoyed just about everything from the food court, I wish I would have discovered the "make your own salad" at the beginning of the trip, instead of the end. It was fantastic! Also, the "create your own sundae" from the ice cream/dessert counter was HUGE and a great value as a snack credit. The five of us were able to share without a problem. Wish I was there right now! :lovestruc

Just got back Sunday from our stay and it was a cold one! The rooms were clean and I did appreciate that. But even there 4 nights we never got a fresh bar of soap or shampoo/bodywash. I was glad I brought my own.

The food was really good for counter service. The King cupcake (OMG) it was soooo good. Whenever we got a snack from the food court it was always fresh.

Overall I was pleased with our stay. We got the room requests that I asked for and basically we were only there to sleep anyway.

We got back yesterday and I'll consign the housekeeping complaint. The sheets on my boy's bed weren't changed since the lat occupant because there were crumbs all over the top sheet. We let the staff know and they said it would be taken care of. Bed was remade so I assumed it was. The next morning his diaper leaked a little so I let the staff know about it to change out the sheets and that there were STILL crumbs on the sheets. When bedtime came around the next day the crumbs remained so he slept with me. Other than that we had an enjoyable time and would consider this resort again.

We got back yesterday and I'll consign the housekeeping complaint. The sheets on my boy's bed weren't changed since the lat occupant because there were crumbs all over the top sheet. We let the staff know and they said it would be taken care of. Bed was remade so I assumed it was. The next morning his diaper leaked a little so I let the staff know about it to change out the sheets and that there were STILL crumbs on the sheets. When bedtime came around the next day the crumbs remained so he slept with me. Other than that we had an enjoyable time and would consider this resort again.

Happy that you had a fun time despite the housekeeping issues... that seems very lacking... wondering if this was contained to a certain area/bldg and they were short staffed...not making excuses at all..just trying to figure out we have read this from a few returning guests lately.

Just got back Sunday from our stay and it was a cold one! The rooms were clean and I did appreciate that. But even there 4 nights we never got a fresh bar of soap or shampoo/bodywash. I was glad I brought my own.

The food was really good for counter service. The King cupcake (OMG) it was soooo good. Whenever we got a snack from the food court it was always fresh.

Overall I was pleased with our stay. We got the room requests that I asked for and basically we were only there to sleep anyway.

Overall, happy POP was a good fit for you this trip. :cool1:... it is weird that your toiletries were not replaced...we were always getting replacements (even when it was evident we didn't touch the initial ones..:confused3).

BTW.. you can call Housekeeping from your room and request those items or ask a housekeeper for supplies when you see them cleaning....not that one should have to do these things but it does solve the immedate issue of needed supplies. :)

Thanks to anyone who might know the window size at the Pop?
We're making a banner and would love to have the width. Does anyone think its about 3 feet. I really can't tell from the photos.
I'm really enjoying all the info and comments!
Thanks again...

Thanks to anyone who might know the window size at the Pop?
We're making a banner and would love to have the width. Does anyone think its about 3 feet. I really can't tell from the photos.
I'm really enjoying all the info and comments!
Thanks again...��

Window size: 37 ¾” x 59” Approximate door size: 36” x 76”

Here you go! :thumbsup2

Looking for room recommendations-I booked standard view. We'll be driving, so I want to be somewhat close to a parking lot, but I don't want an overly loud room. At the same time, I don't want to be too far from the bus stop. I know! I want it all, don't I? :laughing: I've been studying the POP map, and I'm thinking about the 50's section, maybe the Tramp building(not sure of the number), lake facing room.

I've heard POP is a compact resort-Would you compare it to the size of the Poly? We've stayed there several times, and I have a general idea about the amount of time it takes to walk from place to place.

MHTeacher said:
Looking for room recommendations-I booked standard view. We'll be driving, so I want to be somewhat close to a parking lot, but I don't want an overly loud room. At the same time, I don't want to be too far from the bus stop. I know! I want it all, don't I? :laughing: I've been studying the POP map, and I'm thinking about the 50's section, maybe the Tramp building(not sure of the number), lake facing room.

I've heard POP is a compact resort-Would you compare it to the size of the Poly? We've stayed there several times, and I have a general idea about the amount of time it takes to walk from place to place.

Tramp is bldg 3...spent 12 days in this bldg in January and LOVED it!! I didn't have a lake view but was okay with that! Was in the end closest to the food court and was there in like 2 min and I walk slow (when I walk). I am SO hoping for this same location when I return next Sunday! It was nice and quiet and my mousekeeper was the bomb..always leaving new towel animals! Room was impeccable! I think you would be very happy!

Building 1 in the 50's (which has the Lady icon) would be a closer to parking than building 3, yet is also convenient to Classic Hall. I like to request building 1.

Tramp is bldg 3...spent 12 days in this bldg in January and LOVED it!! I didn't have a lake view but was okay with that! Was in the end closest to the food court and was there in like 2 min and I walk slow (when I walk). I am SO hoping for this same location when I return next Sunday! It was nice and quiet and my mousekeeper was the bomb..always leaving new towel animals! Room was impeccable! I think you would be very happy!

Building 1 in the 50's (which has the Lady icon) would be a closer to parking than building 3, yet is also convenient to Classic Hall. I like to request building 1.

I'm not sure why I think I would want a lake view-it's not like I"m going to stand in front of the window and look out! :laughing:

Sounds as if the 50's might be a good request then! Thanks! :thumbsup2

After looking up reviews and seeing this thread I think my family will be staying at POP for our June vacation. Two adults two teens who can not wait. :cool1: Quick queston.. hope it has not been asked. Is there a building to request if you want to be close to ART? My sister may be staying there and we are hoping to walk back and forth to food courts pools etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter