POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyKidsMom1820

MyKidsMom1820 Mouseketeer

first stay at POP in May. So excited. I loved reading through this thread. I tried to request a packnplay when I made my res but the agent told me they were in the closet area of every room already??? Is this true? also I am not requesting any special location, I thought I would like to be surprised, but we didn't pay extra for preferred. Will anyone else be there on mothers day?

:goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Yes it's true. You might have to request it but they're available.

4. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure the roaches come up threw the bath drain. I have never seen one in our room until this trip. Actually We had 2. I woke dh up one time to get it. our room was spotless all 10 days except for the 2 critters.

5. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

I didn't know they came up through they drain I thought they squeezed through the gap under the door. I guess they could also come in through the ventilation system.

6. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

On the pizza question. If you pick it up yourself it is 2 CS credits. having it delivered is 2 TS meals. Comes with 2 deserts and 2 beverages.

7. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

I just assumed it came from the drain since it was in the tub or maybe I watch to many movies.

8. Marla1106

Marla1106 Mouseketeer

I'm allergic to roaches, hope we don't have any in our room. LOL

9. MyKidsMom1820

MyKidsMom1820 Mouseketeer

thanks!

10. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

Ours was on the wall outside the bathroom so I guess it's possible :confused:

My dad owns an exterminating business and he always says if you see one of any kind of bug, you can ignore it but once you see two or more you should be worried so I tried to let it go !

11. Jax1023

Jax1023 Mouseketeer

Re the roach- it was most likely a palmetto bug. They we very common in the south and look like flying roaches. They are native and there is no way to get rid of them.

Says a New Yorker who's seen a few roaches

12. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

Checked into POP late last night to a completely sold out hotel! Will be here until the 23rd. my only internet is thru my phone but I will try to check the thread in case anyone has any questions they want answered. :)

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

13. utkscvol1

utkscvol1 DIS Veteran

We check in Friday- I hope everyone is gone---maybe it's just the crowd from the marathon

14. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

Nope mine were roaches. The palmetto bugs are gross looking as well. But theses were roaches. It won't effect me staying at pop in the future. Bugs happen as long as they aren't bed bugs I'm good.

15. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

Agreed, mine was definitely a roach but as I said, one of any bug doesn't bother me but once I see more than one we have a problem. So I won't hold this one against Pop.

16. nuge67

nuge67 Mouseketeer

Well, roaches should bother you or anyone else. I didn't pay money to stay in a hotel with roaches be it a value or a deluxe.

The problem with roaches are, they love to travel. They will find their way into your suitcases, clothes or other belongings you plan on bringing home and then they will explode in your house, multiplying by the hundreds and thousands.

If my room has a roach, I better be getting a new room out of that building altogether!!

17. robinstrip

robinstrip Earning My Ears

I agree. I won't stay in a room if I've seen a roach. Guess it's back to AoA and hope there's no reports of roaches there. I know that they can be anywhere but I'm not gonna stay somewhere if I see them.

18. Mickeyherewecome123

Mickeyherewecome123 DIS Veteran

Going to be at PoP in 40
    Days!!! Can't wait

19. Coyotesweat

Coyotesweat Mouseketeer

17 days! Yay. Requested upper floor, lake view. Not scared of Florida roaches, Texas has ginormous flying rusty brown cockroaches. I finally got more or less used to 'em. Florida roaches couldn't be any worse. Still kill 'em on sight though.

I will watch the bug 4d movie in Animal Kingdom.

Whee! I'm happy about the extended EMH hours.
    That's three more hours at Disney for no extra money! Makes up for the $300 i decided not to spend on flights that would only have got me toi Disney 3 hours earlier. And on days that for various reasons I chose parks with EMH, leaving shorter lines for the other parks on other days.

Katie

20. merbobear

merbobear DIS Veteran

I'll be there on Mother's day! I am not sure on the pack & play, when we stayed there my dd was already too big to be using them. I don't recall seeing one in the closet, but I also wasn't looking for it, so it may have sat there unnoticed :)

We stayed at POP in 2011 and our only request was 1st floor (we had a stroller) - we were in the 90s facing the computer pool. We were just about a 30 second walk from jumping right into the water! It was a small hike to get to eat & on the buses in the mornings, and we sort of cursed those extra steps to get to our room at night, but overall it was a great location that we got by the luck of the draw :)

21. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:yay: for a nice long vacation!! Have a great time!

I just returned from a 5 day trip to the world (the Disney blues are hitting me). I did not think the park crowds were bad at all (of course my frame of reference is August crowds :)). More than likely it was all the runners.

Have a great trip! :cool1:

Kelly, this gave me a smile! I don't like roaches either, and would probably call down to change our room if I saw one.

Hopefully the critters don't like to hitchhike across the bridge. :upsidedow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.