POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
checking in in 25 days. we stayed for one night(rouhgly 12 hrs) xmas 2011, loved the feel of it, checked into blt the next day. paying oop this time vs dvc so it will be nice to experience the entire resort. have 2 rooms booked with the baby so she can get sleep away from the big two. did hear on fb about the dance comp feb 2-3? and that pop is booked solid. am very worried about the dance crowd from what ive read about the noise factor. crowds at the park i can deal with, kids screaming and yelling routines outside our doors worry me.

We will be at Pop Jan. 31 - Feb. 6 and found out about the dance competition before we booked. We chose Pop over the All Stars and here is my reasoning: There should not be huge groups of dancers at Pop, as on their website for this Nationals competition, the resorts that are offered for them to stay at are the All Stars or CBR. Also, Pop is still showing availability for all room categories for that week, whereas the All Stars have limited availability (ie: only preferred or only suites). I realize there may still be dancers at Pop, but they would likely be staying on their own with their families, rather than with the larger groups. I have stayed onsite before during large competitions, and always avoided the resorts that were offered to the group on their website, and never had a problem with large groups at the resort we were at. Hope this helps ease your mind....I really think it will be okay!

We will be at Pop Jan. 31 - Feb. 6 and found out about the dance competition before we booked. We chose Pop over the All Stars and here is my reasoning: There should not be huge groups of dancers at Pop, as on their website for this Nationals competition, the resorts that are offered for them to stay at are the All Stars or CBR. Also, Pop is still showing availability for all room categories for that week, whereas the All Stars have limited availability (ie: only preferred or only suites). I realize there may still be dancers at Pop, but they would likely be staying on their own with their families, rather than with the larger groups. I have stayed onsite before during large competitions, and always avoided the resorts that were offered to the group on their website, and never had a problem with large groups at the resort we were at. Hope this helps ease your mind....I really think it will be okay!

immensley! thank you! ive got disney down pat....with a 7 and 5 yr old. with a nursing 5 month old? not so much. we usually stay in a studio with dvc but figured better to stay in two rooms so she can get some sleep, then i read of the comp on fb and went omg! guess my overruling the older two who wanted movies again was a wise choice. thanks again!

We have been to wdw multiple times over the years but haven't stayed at POP since 2006. We are thinking of staying there again this spring. Any changes I should be aware of?

Less than 50 sleeps till pop!!! I was wondering as there will be myself dh and my two ds in a pop room :crowded:wether I can ask for one of the put up beds so we can all have a night or two sleeping on our own:scratchin is this allowed or do I have to rent one???? I have requested lakeside top floor after reading what you guys ave written lol

immensley! thank you! ive got disney down pat....with a 7 and 5 yr old. with a nursing 5 month old? not so much. we usually stay in a studio with dvc but figured better to stay in two rooms so she can get some sleep, then i read of the comp on fb and went omg! guess my overruling the older two who wanted movies again was a wise choice. thanks again!

Yes, I think you made the right choice :thumbsup2 Glad to help!

Less than 50 sleeps till pop!!! I was wondering as there will be myself dh and my two ds in a pop room :crowded:wether I can ask for one of the put up beds so we can all have a night or two sleeping on our own:scratchin is this allowed or do I have to rent one???? I have requested lakeside top floor after reading what you guys ave written lol

They do not allow roll away beds at Pop, to the best of my knowledge. I have heard of some people bringing along an inflatable twin mattress. The rooms are pretty small, so it won't fit between the 2 beds, but I think I have heard of people moving the table and chairs and being able to fit the air mattress there, near the door.

We have been to wdw multiple times over the years but haven't stayed at POP since 2006. We are thinking of staying there again this spring. Any changes I should be aware of?

The Pop rooms were refurbished in 2010 and now have a privacy curtain for the bathroom area. Carpeting, painting, and room decor were all updated, and the TVs are flat panel on top of smaller furniture.

Within the last year mini refrigerators were added to all the rooms along with free WiFi service.

Oh, and they happened to open a whole new resort, Art of Animation, across Hourglass Lake so you can walk across the bridge and visit there too. Just stay out of the pools!

That's a shame. I can't see me bringing an air bed from the uk:rotfl2: think the dh might think I have finally gone potty if I pack an air bed :lmao::lmao:

Lol so what does potty mean? Has a whole different meaning across the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

52 days til I check in at Pop Century!! Having never stayed there this board has helped me alot.

Is the mini fridge big enough to hold a 1/2 gal of milk? gotta have my cereal.:thumbsup2
Also is there an ice machine on every floor?

I;m so excited to get back to WDW I cant stand it :rotfl:

52 days til I check in at Pop Century!! Having never stayed there this board has helped me alot.

Is the mini fridge big enough to hold a 1/2 gal of milk? gotta have my cereal.:thumbsup2
Also is there an ice machine on every floor?

I;m so excited to get back to WDW I cant stand it :rotfl:

Yes the fridge will hold 1/2 gallon of milk.

The Pop rooms were refurbished in 2010 and now have a privacy curtain for the bathroom area. Carpeting, painting, and room decor were all updated, and the TVs are flat panel on top of smaller furniture.

Within the last year mini refrigerators were added to all the rooms along with free WiFi service.

Oh, and they happened to open a whole new resort, Art of Animation, across Hourglass Lake so you can walk across the bridge and visit there too. Just stay out of the pools!

Stay out of the pool? I thought if you were staying at any of the value resorts, you could use any of those pools???

Stay out of the pool? I thought if you were staying at any of the value resorts, you could use any of those pools???

Nooooo...only sisters resorts can share pools, and POP and AoA are not considered sister resorts. They usually have the gates set so you have to swipe your AoA KTTW card just to get into the pools. In any case POP Century guests are not allowed in the AoA pools. The only exception was when the heaters were down in the Hippy Dippy Pool they did allow POPers over in their main pool, but that was it.

You can request a rollaway bed from Housekeeping when you arrive. You can ask about it in advance, but they will not guarantee the availability. It is $15 per night. I've seen several rollaways at Pop and, if you do a search of the boards for "pop" and "rollaway," you'll find where several people have gotten them.

They do not allow roll away beds at Pop, to the best of my knowledge. I have heard of some people bringing along an inflatable twin mattress. The rooms are pretty small, so it won't fit between the 2 beds, but I think I have heard of people moving the table and chairs and being able to fit the air mattress there, near the door.

This is not correct. The rollaways are narrow and they fit okay. I'll agree that it will be a tight fit, but many people do it. Also, as I noted earlier, they will not guarantee that a rollaway will be available.

You can request a rollaway bed from Housekeeping when you arrive. You can ask about it in advance, but they will not guarantee the availability. It is $15 per night. I've seen several rollaways at Pop and, if you do a search of the boards for "pop" and "rollaway," you'll find where several people have gotten them.

This is not correct. The rollaways are narrow and they fit okay. I'll agree that it will be a tight fit, but many people do it. Also, as I noted earlier, they will not guarantee that a rollaway will be available.

Very sorry....my mistake.

We haven't stayed at pop in 4 years- we have stayed at cbr and pofq. Using our ap room discount for a long weekend to get a discounted room at pop. We haven't been there since the refurb-are the fridges the same size as the ones at the mods or are they smaller?

Just wondering; does Pop have the RFID door locks yet? Any guesses on if they'll be installed by the time I arrive on 1/24 if they aren't already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter