• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Janet B, I feel a little disloyal, but DH and I will be staying at BWI when we go in March. I've been checking out WDWKOOK's thread and was asked to say hi to you. :wave2: I'm still going to post here since I have lots more experience at Pop from my trips with DD, but DD is bailing on me and doing her own 2013 spring break this year with her friend's family. DH is, instead, taking me to WDW during his spring break. He needs a more sedate and tranquil resort than Pop, so we're booked at BWI. I will miss the excitement of Pop and certainly the food court.

I'm here too and the side of the clock also has ocean or brook or wind chimes as well as music sounds you can listen to in addition to an iPod plug in.

Thanks for the info! :goodvibes

Wow, that's a great discount. I've had an AP for several years and the only time I've ever gotten 40% off was way back in 2005 at the Deluxes (49%) and Mods (40%). I've never gotten that much off at a Value and the last few years, haven't even been able to get it at a Mod (usually 25%-30%).

Aubriee, the 40% is amazing! We can only hope to see some great deals for the summer. :)

Just curious...were these great discounts people are talking about for this coming summer of 2013? I have been following the various threads on the resort discounts threads and have seen nothing for the summer yet...??

Perhaps some people are booking Bounceback offers...searching for the current BB offers I came upon this info, but it doesn't mention the values (but I'm sure there is an offer).

Get 30%* off the non-discounted price
at select Disney Moderate Resorts.

Get 35%* off the non-discounted price
at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts.

Get 35%* off the non-discounted price
at select Disney Deluxe Resorts.

For stays most nights:
1/2—1/10/13 4/14—5/21/13 11/17—11/23/13
1/14—1/15/13 5/28—6/8/13 11/30—12/4/13
1/21—2/12/13 8/4—10/5/13 12/15—12/19/13
2/24—3/9/13 10/20—11/2/13

I have been following the bouceback threads for 2013 as the new offers just came out, and the discount for values is less...seem to remember 20% or thereabouts...didnt apply to our mid June dates anyhow...and we weren't planning to be at DW between now and our June trip!

Thanks for all of your help Janet and for making newbies on this thread feel so welcome!!

Hey Janet B, I feel a little disloyal, but DH and I will be staying at BWI when we go in March. I've been checking out WDWKOOK's thread and was asked to say hi to you. :wave2: I'm still going to post here since I have lots more experience at Pop from my trips with DD, but DD is bailing on me and doing her own 2013 spring break this year with her friend's family. DH is, instead, taking me to WDW during his spring break. He needs a more sedate and tranquil resort than Pop, so we're booked at BWI. I will miss the excitement of Pop and certainly the food court.

Sandi, you are too funny!! :goodvibes Don't worry, once a POPer, always a POPer. :hippie: Hey, it's good to mix it up once in a while, variety is the spice of life, right? Besides you can always "pop" over during your trip to get your POP fix. :hippie: and share a King cupcake (or those yummy chocolate crossiants) with DH and take a walk around POP. :)

Well I'm happy and thankful that you will still stick around and post here, you have some much great info on POP (and I would miss you if you didn't! :goodvibes)

WDWKOOK (or "Kook" for short) is great! It's been a while since I checked out either WL or BWI, so I will have to pay a visit soon. :)

My flight lands in exactly 3 days!!!!! :cool1::cheer2:

:woohoo: It's been awhile in coming!! You are going to have a GREAT time!! :yay: Take some holiday pix if you get a chance .... now where is PhoenixStrength?? .... know she was going to take pix and post them here....

I have been following the bouceback threads for 2013 as the new offers just came out, and the discount for values is less...seem to remember 20% or thereabouts...didnt apply to our mid June dates anyhow...and we weren't planning to be at DW between now and our June trip!

Thanks for all of your help Janet and for making newbies on this thread feel so welcome!!

Bummer...but still better than the 5% RO discount last summer...

And thank you for your nice comments, this is a great thread for all the terrific POPers that frequent it :thumbsup2... and I'm happy to do my part. :) Want to let everyone know that ALL are welcomed here!! :thumbsup2

:wave2: Missing Pop today...we had such a great stay there in May!!!

Missing you too :hug:

My friend at work will be there in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower3:

As promised, here are POP Christmas decoration pictures I took 2 weeks ago :goodvibes :santa:

The Lobby/Check-In area:

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

The Big Tree in front of Everything POP's entrance:

036.jpg

They had several of these little trees around the shop section of Everything POP:

042.jpg

Table of Christmas gifts in Everything POP:

041.jpg

Another big wreath, this one was by the Transportation doors:

045.jpg

And lastly, the garlands hanging over the benches by the bus stops

047.jpg

I will double check if I have more, these are just the ones I already loaded into Photobucket, that I took on my first day there! :goodvibes

aubriee said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wise One

It's funny hearing about the disappointing discounts others have encountered. Our room only discount was probably around 40% and POP was the cheapest out of all of the value resorts, at least $100 cheaper for the whole week than the other resorts. Of course we're Florida residents so this might make our discounts much deeper.

Wow, that's a great discount. I've had an AP for several years and the only time I've ever gotten 40% off was way back in 2005 at the Deluxes (49%) and Mods (40%). I've never gotten that much off at a Value and the last few years, haven't even been able to get it at a Mod (usually 25%-30%).

Right now the AP dicount and FL resident discount for POP (for Jan thru March...not sure of the cut off date in March) is exactly the same... 25%.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

*whew* I just finished reading through this entire thread and wanted to POP in and say hello to everyone! :wave:

My husband and I are planning another trip to WDW, but sadly it won't be until late 2014. :sad1: I have an insane amount of days yet to go (700+), so no ticker yet ... it would just be too depressing! Trying to look at the bright side though - only 203 days until we can make our reservations! :woohoo: :blush: :laughing:

Anyhoo, after a departure from POP last year, we're definitely ready to go back. We missed the atmosphere a lot. FQ was nice, as was SSR, but POP was our first on-site stay, so I guess it will always seem like home to us. :teeth:

I'm hoping there will be some Christmas decorations up when we're there. I know everything won't be fully-decorated, but we're hoping to at least do the resort tour. Our dates are Nov. 15-22, 2014. Only on the DIS can you plan 2 years ahead and nobody bats an eye! :lmao:

So, my mother had booked CBR for our first two nights in disney. After much thought, I decided I wanted to stay at POP instead (couldn't justify paying $500 for two nights to sleep in a double, when we could pay just over $300 at pop!) When she called today to change it, the CM handling the call was like 'you do know that's a value resort, right?' Hahahaha! I thought it was funny, and worth sharing! :)

Anyway, now its official! Im staying at POP! It'll be my first stay at any disney resort, and im looking forward to it! (Even if it is just for two nights!)

My family arrived Monday for our first time staying at PoP and their computer system was down. .... Long lines, no records of our online requests and even had phone requests given by our TA. Had requested 50s/lakeview and got 70s (non-lakeview). Very disappointed.

My family arrived Monday for our first time staying at PoP and their computer system was down. .... Long lines, no records of our online requests and even had phone requests given by our TA. Had requested 50s/lakeview and got 70s (non-lakeview). Very disappointed.

Sorry you were disappointed and that you had to wait in a long line. :hug: Unfortunately, even if the computers had been up and working, requests are just that - requests - and what you ask for isn't guaranteed.

Hope you enjoyed your trip, though! How was the rest of your stay?

I'm here!! I'll post the POP decoration pictures this afternoon :goodvibes

Thank you for the pictures!! :cool1: (PhoenixStrength, I hope you don't think I was impatient or anything.. :))

:wave2: Missing Pop today...we had such a great stay there in May!!!

Missing you too :hug:

My friend at work will be there in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower3:

Hi Pas :wave2: Life has been a bit busy lately (as you know) and my DIS time has been limited :(.... will pop over to the RC thread today ... missing you to my friend. :hug:

So sorry that your first family experience at POP was disappointing. Did you speak with the CM to find out if she/he could move you?? CMs will do their best to accomodoate you if rooms are available. :)

If I remember correctly you have 2 connecting and one adjoining rooms, yes? That is a litte more involved... did you book preferred?? 70s preferred rooms are quite close to Classic Hall / Busing and are very nice. :goodvibes

*whew* I just finished reading through this entire thread and wanted to POP in and say hello to everyone! :wave:

My husband and I are planning another trip to WDW, but sadly it won't be until late 2014. :sad1: I have an insane amount of days yet to go (700+), so no ticker yet ... it would just be too depressing! Trying to look at the bright side though - only 203 days until we can make our reservations! :woohoo: :blush: :laughing:

:wave2: That's what we like, a positive attitude!! :thumbsup2

Anyhoo, after a departure from POP last year, we're definitely ready to go back. We missed the atmosphere a lot. FQ was nice, as was SSR, but POP was our first on-site stay, so I guess it will always seem like home to us. :teeth:

I'm hoping there will be some Christmas decorations up when we're there. I know everything won't be fully-decorated, but we're hoping to at least do the resort tour. Our dates are Nov. 15-22, 2014. Only on the DIS can you plan 2 years ahead and nobody bats an eye! :lmao:

yep, you can hang with us on the long distance planning. :thumbsup2 'Course you realize that when you begin to read about posters booking deals with public codes, Free Dining and such, you *may* get an itch to book something .... which we will highly encourage!! :teeth: So yes, you best stick around, maybe we can get you to Disney in less than 700+ days ...:goodvibes

Oh, you had a question!! :) Decorations will already be up at MK for the Christmas party, and decorations at the resorts usually begin going up the week before Thanksgiving, which covers some of your stay. :cool1:

Hi! I've enjoyed reading through the thread. It has been very helpful! I still have some questions. First, can we bring a small coffee pot to use in the room?

Second, if we use air mattresses for the kids, do we need to deflate them every day or can we just leave them out pushed against a wall (or reasonably out of the way for housekeeping)?

Thanks!!

Hi! I've enjoyed reading through the thread. It has been very helpful! I still have some questions. First, can we bring a small coffee pot to use in the room?

Second, if we use air mattresses for the kids, do we need to deflate them every day or can we just leave them out pushed against a wall (or reasonably out of the way for housekeeping)?

Thanks!!

Yes, small coffee makers are allowed and no you don't have to deflate your air mattresses. HTH! :)

:wave2: That's what we like, a positive attitude!! :thumbsup2

yep, you can hang with us on the long distance planning. :thumbsup2 'Course you realize that when you begin to read about posters booking deals with public codes, Free Dining and such, you *may* get an itch to book something .... which we will highly encourage!! :teeth: So yes, you best stick around, maybe we can get you to Disney in less than 700+ days ...:goodvibes

Oh, you had a question!! :) Decorations will already be up at MK for the Christmas party, and decorations at the resorts usually begin going up the week before Thanksgiving, which covers some of your stay. :cool1:

I know as soon as I see all the FD promos, I'll be talking to my husband about a quick trip next year. We do have some work to do on our house, though, and that comes first. The trip in 2014 will be for our 15th wedding anniversary, so I'm super excited about it!

Thank you for the info about Christmas decor. We usually go in September when it's hot and humid, so I'm looking forward to going during a cooler time of year. ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter