POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
AllieMallie said:
So I have a question regarding ME tags.

We will be arriving in Orlando on Saturday night but our official Disney package doesn't kick in until that Sunday. We booked an aiport hotel with a shuttle service for one night, then we were gonna go back to MCO Sunday morning and catch the ME for Pop. Now my question is this: should I put my ME tags on my luggage even though they won't really touch our bags during our arrival? I don't want to risk having the ME people/luggage people to accidentally pick up our luggage and send it to Pop on Saturday night without us. What would you do? :confused3

I don't think I would put them on...if I understand correctly. You want to keep your bags with you since you are staying near the airport the first night...right?

We will be arriving in Orlando on Saturday night but our official Disney package doesn't kick in until that Sunday. We booked an aiport hotel with a shuttle service for one night, then we were gonna go back to MCO Sunday morning and catch the ME for Pop. Now my question is this: should I put my ME tags on my luggage even though they won't really touch our bags during our arrival? I don't want to risk having the ME people/luggage people to accidentally pick up our luggage and send it to Pop on Saturday night without us. What would you do? :confused3

DON'T USE THE TAGS!!!!!!!!!! They will grab your luggage. You will need to go to the baggage claim on Saturday, get your bags, stay at the other hotel, and then bring the bags with you on the DME bus on Sunday.

You don't need to use the DME yellow tags at all with your plan.

If your checked bags have the DME tags on them when you arrive at MCO, then they are diverted and routed for shipment over to Walt Disney World and you won't see them at the baggage pickup. Anything with a yellow tag means = route for the delivery service.

When you return to MCO on Sunday to take the DME bus, you will be having your bags put underneath the same bus you're taking. They don't need to have the yellow tags on them in this case. I would advise tipping your driver because he/she will be handling your bags.

Ok, no luggage tags on the bags then :thumbsup2 That's what I initially thought but I just had to make sure. Thank you all for your expert advice. :goodvibes

AllieMallie said:

We will be arriving in Orlando on Saturday night but our official Disney package doesn't kick in until that Sunday. We booked an aiport hotel with a shuttle service for one night, then we were gonna go back to MCO Sunday morning and catch the ME for Pop. Now my question is this: should I put my ME tags on my luggage even though they won't really touch our bags during arrival? I don't want to risk having the ME people/luggage people to accidentally pick up our luggage and send it to Pop on Saturday night without us. What would you do? :confused3

I wouldn't put the tags on, just to be safe. Just my suggestion :-)

Hi there,
Wondering if I can buy MNSSHP tickets when we check in at the Pop? We will be arriving 10/23 and hoping to go to the party on 10/25, 10/26 as a rain back up. I am holding out for weather. I would love to hear from you experts out there on what you would do. Would you wait until the 23rd to buy tickets and risk it being sold out? Our first choice is 10/25 (Thursday) primarily because I am hoping it will be less busy than Friday, 10/26.
Thank you!!

We arrive the 23rd too! :yay: We're hoping to do the MNNSHP either the 23rd or the 25th depending on the weather. What I plan to do is to watch the weather and purchase the tickets via internet or phone a couple of days in advance and have the tickets waiting for me at Will Call at Magic Kingdom. If at all possible, I would avoid the 26th. As others have said, it will likely sell out.

My best friend and I just got back yesterday from celebrating our Birthdays at WDW! party: It was my 10th trip and her 1st! We had the best time!!

It was my first time staying on property (except for Shades of Green) so I didn't know what to expect from the Pop. We flew from SC, took the Magical express (so much fun!) and checked in with the red carpet and were showered with bubbles!

We had rain on 2 of the 3 days we were there but it kept the newbies away! :rotfl2: We had sooo much pixie dust! pixiedust:

Thank you for all the wonderful tips, from requesting a room to shipping water, you all helped to make our "quick best friend birthday getaway weekend" very magical! :wizard:

Michelle

(I guess I need to start planning another trip...my ticker has stopped! :rolleyes1)

Hi all! We'll be staying at pop 12/9-12/17 after numerous resort changes! We already got our ME tags!! My question is should we upgrade to preferred? I have a 3yo who wants to stay in bldg 3,5, 1 or 10 (strictly for the character icons...baloo, lady & tramp or Mickey phone). Not picky about view or what floor. TIA!

wow! we haven't received our tags yet, but being in Canada i'm sure it will take much longer anyway! We booked with SmallWorldVacations, and they seem to be on top of things.

Quick questions for you Pop experts.

On Sunday I need to get to Downtown Disney by 7.40am to pick up a bus for an excursion I have booked. I'm assuming that's too early for Disney buses to be running there so I'll need to get a cab.
Are there likely to be cabs waiting that early or will I need to get Bell Services to call one for me?
How much time in advance should I get them to call the cab?
Being a naive Brit do I tip Bell Services for calling a cab?
How much is a cab to DTD likely to be?

Thanks.

wow! we haven't received our tags yet, but being in Canada i'm sure it will take much longer anyway! We booked with SmallWorldVacations, and they seem to be on top of things.

i'm from canada and will be there oct 1st. we received m.e. tags and resort package two weeks ago. you may want to call smallworld and see if they are holding them.

Quick questions for you Pop experts.

On Sunday I need to get to Downtown Disney by 7.40am to pick up a bus for an excursion I have booked. I'm assuming that's too early for Disney buses to be running there so I'll need to get a cab.
Are there likely to be cabs waiting that early or will I need to get Bell Services to call one for me?
How much time in advance should I get them to call the cab?
Being a naive Brit do I tip Bell Services for calling a cab?
How much is a cab to DTD likely to be?

Thanks.

I don't believe the DTD bus will be running in time to get you there by 7:30 a.m., but you might contact WDW to be sure (the BBB might be open early, so . . .)

In any event, it's not difficult to get a cab from Pop to DTD. Usually there is a cab waiting at the area where ME does its drop off. You could call Mears the night before to schedule a ride or you can just show up early and, if there is no cab, the CMs at luggage services will call one for you. I would count on the actual drive time being 10-15 minutes, so you'll want to pad that a bit. Also, best guess is the fare will be around $20 tip included. If luggage service calls for a cab for you, I'd tip a dollar, if there is a cab there, you don't have to tip unless they're helping you with bags or something.

Be sure to find out where EXACTLY the bus will be picking you up and let your driver know. DTD is a big place with the Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and WestSide. If you're dropped off at the wrong location, you could have quite a hike to get where you need to be.

There is a website that provides taxi fare estimates. Here, I just ran your route: http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

Just curious, what excursion did you book?

I don't believe the DTD bus will be running in time to get you there by 7:30 a.m., but you might contact WDW to be sure (the BBB might be open early, so . . .)

In any event, it's not difficult to get a cab from Pop to DTD. Usually there is a cab waiting at the area where ME does its drop off. You could call Mears the night before to schedule a ride or you can just show up early and, if there is no cab, the CMs at luggage services will call one for you. I would count on the actual drive time being 10-15 minutes, so you'll want to pad that a bit. Also, best guess is the fare will be around $20 tip included. If luggage service calls for a cab for you, I'd tip a dollar, if there is a cab there, you don't have to tip unless they're helping you with bags or something.

Be sure to find out where EXACTLY the bus will be picking you up and let your driver know. DTD is a big place with the Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and WestSide. If you're dropped off at the wrong location, you could have quite a hike to get where you need to be.

There is a website that provides taxi fare estimates. Here, I just ran your route: http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

Just curious, what excursion did you book?

Excellent, thank you so much.

I'm supposed to meet the bus opposite parking lot L by Cirque du Soleil. I'm going to Jacksonville to see the Jaguars v Texans game.

Excellent, thank you so much.

I'm supposed to meet the bus opposite parking lot L by Cirque du Soleil. I'm going to Jacksonville to see the Jaguars v Texans game.

Ah, American football. Enjoy.

You'll need to be dropped off at the parking lot for DTD WestSide.

Was at POP tonight around 5 to have dinner before a meeting at my school ( I know right haha because some people can actually do that in real life!) It was NOT BUSY AT ALL!!! I couldn't believe how empty the parking lot and food court were!!! The CMs were just standing around and waited for guests to arrive. When I left at close to 6 it was just as dead as when I walked in at 5! The food was warm + yummy and the service was great too!!

My dh and I are making are first trip to pop oct 4th! We booked a preferred room but I really want a king bed, what should I do? Thanks!!

My little ones and II checked in late tonight. We're hanging out at the resort for a few days before DH can join us and we'll migrate to Wilderness lodge. Anyone who needs Anything checked out let me know! We're planning on just floating about and swimming for three straight days :D

Just want to say; great read by all the stuff Janet put out there about Pop. Seems like a fun place to stay at. Might check out some of the videos about the resort. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! So many DISers also contribute to the thread ... making makes it fun and informative! :hippie:

What a wonderful thread, thank you so much for all the info everyone! We are a family of 7 staying in connecting rooms at Pop Nov 26-Dec 1. Looking forward to our WDW trip--our last was 8 years ago and we stayed at POR. (Do I need ponchos that time of year?)

Well seems like you all are due for this vacation! :) Have a great vacation, weather should be fairly nice for your trip. And a big plus, being able to see all the holiday decorations. :santa:

My best friend and I just got back yesterday from celebrating our Birthdays at WDW! party: It was my 10th trip and her 1st! We had the best time!!

It was my first time staying on property (except for Shades of Green) so I didn't know what to expect from the Pop. We flew from SC, took the Magical express (so much fun!) and checked in with the red carpet and were showered with bubbles!

We had rain on 2 of the 3 days we were there but it kept the newbies away! :rotfl2: We had sooo much pixie dust! pixiedust:

Thank you for all the wonderful tips, from requesting a room to shipping water, you all helped to make our "quick best friend birthday getaway weekend" very magical! :wizard:

Michelle

(I guess I need to start planning another trip...my ticker has stopped! :rolleyes1)

Welcome back!! :goodvibes Happy that you both enjoyed POP and that your BFF trip was filled with plenty of pixiedust:

Sooooo excited! We are gonna be at the POP Oct. 14-21, and I just received a text from our travel agent! My Mickey Mail is being shipped today!!!!

:yay: Mid October is a great time to visit ...nice weather, halloween party, food & wine ... all good. :goodvibes Enjoy!

Was at POP tonight around 5 to have dinner before a meeting at my school ( I know right haha because some people can actually do that in real life!) It was NOT BUSY AT ALL!!! I couldn't believe how empty the parking lot and food court were!!! The CMs were just standing around and waited for guests to arrive. When I left at close to 6 it was just as dead as when I walked in at 5! The food was warm + yummy and the service was great too!!

:yay: Can't help but be a just a teensy bit jealous :)... today was one of those days to forget for me ... having dinner at POP would have turned it around. Have nice to be able to "pop" over for a mom's night out specials. :) Happy that POP didn't disappoint!! The food court and CMs ROCK!! :thumbsup2

My dh and I are making are first trip to pop oct 4th! We booked a preferred room but I really want a king bed, what should I do? Thanks!!

Have you added this request to your reservation?? If not, please do so (you can call the central reservations number) and have your request(s) listed in order of importance. As you are aware, King rooms are in limited supply; hopefully you will be fortunate enough to get one. :goodvibes Suggestion ... I might call back after a day or two to confirm the details. :)

My little ones and II checked in late tonight. We're hanging out at the resort for a few days before DH can join us and we'll migrate to Wilderness lodge. Anyone who needs Anything checked out let me know! We're planning on just floating about and swimming for three straight days :D

Nice :) Hangin' out and chillin' at POP sounds fab! Thanks for checking in - have a great time!!

A quick question!
We are now a family of 5 going, staying in 2 rooms at Pop. I'm wondering if it would be odd to request one of the rooms be a king room while the other room a normal, 2 bed room?
We're hoping we get connecting, we were quarenteed it since we have more kids than adults but I've heard that doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter