POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're here and loving it. Pop is the best!!! We have met some great people and the CM's are awesome. the weather is getting better. Spent the day at Typhoon Lagoon, and we're off to Blizzard beach tomorrow.
As always, the food is very yummy. I'm gluten free, and the chefs have been fantastic.:banana:
Hope everyone at POP right now are having a great time. And for those of you still counting the days, I hope you have a wonderful time at POP.:goodvibes

luvmylatte said:
It seems that there's a lot of complaining on the boards the last few days. I realize that due to some health concerns the a/c would be a concern and allergy issues are very dangerous, but for the people who complain they did not get their room requests granted or were unable to navigate the food plan, they should be happy that they are on vaca and enjoy the moment. There are many people out there who do not have the luxury of a Disney trip, much less the extra cash to stash away.

Hope I avoid the nay-Sayers when I get there in a few weeks. To the rest of you I truly hope the a/c and allergies get better for you.

I understand what you are saying about room requests not being that important, but shouldn't people have every right to complain when the air conditioning was broken with the 90+ degree Florida heat!?!? Even if Pop is a value, it is still not a cheap motel like some other places in Orlando, so I think working AC is a reasonable request. Personally, I would not have been able to still "be happy" and "enjoy the moment" if that had happened when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I am very sensitive to heat and cannot sleep well (or sometimes at all) in a hot/stuffy room. (As it was, with the motion control air-conditioning it was often too hot when we first got back to the room sometimes, before it kicked back on.) I am glad to hear that they appear to have fixed the issue!

I run about a 10:30 mile and ran for 45 minutes, but I backtracked along both sides of the lake and ran around buildings to see the icons, etc. Once the whole path around the lake is open, it might measure about a mile, but that's just a guess. Google earth would probably give a decent estimate.

I asked about running trails so thanks for asking. I arrive a couple of days before the LM section opens so hopefully I can lap the lake by then.
Just measured it up on Map My Run and it looks to be about a mile and a quarter so, with the walking I'll be doing, a couple if times around should do it!

When we were leaving Pop on Monday, there was a huge group of girls checking in for a Quinceañera trip. Probably 40+ girls in bright pink ponchos were sitting in the lobby as we were dragging our wet selves and wet luggage through the lobby to RAC. They all seemed excited, if a little tired (it was early), but under control. For those of you there now, what sort of impact did that group have on the resort -- if any? DD17 and I were curious.

We check into Pop next week and have never had any problems with noise. My son however works Disney security (night shirf) at all the resorts and he told me yesterday that recently yhere have been alot of noise complaints at Pop. Hoping noise settles down in a week...

TinkerbellsMom0923 said:
We check into Pop next week and have never had any problems with noise. My son however works Disney security (night shirf) at all the resorts and he told me yesterday that recently yhere have been alot of noise complaints at Pop. Hoping noise settles down in a week...

I have heard people saying their neighbors made a lot of noise, but we didn't have ANY problems with other guests' noise at all on our trip. Our neighbors were pretty quiet and respectful. We were also away from the pool, so that helped because the pools can be loud, even during quiet hours.

In fact, the only noise issue that annoyed me (but not enough to complain to the front desk about) was actually caused by a member of the hotel staff. On several different days, the housekeeper kept going in and out of the room next to us while she was cleaning, and every single time she went in the hallway, she let the door loudly slam shut on its own rather than holding it so it didn't slam. This happened almost every time we were taking a midday break from the parks, so we would keep hearing thud-thud, thud-thud, thud-thud as we tried to rest or nap. Since a nap wasn't absolutely essential, I never complained because I knew she had a job to do!

Woohoo! :woohoo: Have fun! Walk over to AoA if you get a chance; the food court has better entree choices than Pop in my opinion. Plus, it's just a beautiful resort!

ty i was planing on going there on sunday morning as i have to wait for my bus to port carnaval so going there for breakfast

kerstfan1 said:
ty i was planing on going there on sunday morning as i have to wait for my bus to port carnaval so going there for breakfast

I didn't check out breakfast there, but lunch was yummy. Are you cruising from Port Canaveral? If so, is it Disney? We are thinking about doing one with them in November.

We walked over to AOA last night...so cool. I just might "POP" for the room there next time. LOL Tomorrow is out last day here. :worried: Checking out on Friday- not sure if we are going to start heading home or take our time a bit around the area. Other than expensive parks...any recommendations for the Orlando area? Cool shopping? Things to see with the kids that are more low key than parks?

One comment or suggestion that I have for those who are traveling with toddlers...ours little girl is 2. I wouldn't recommend doing regular dinning plan. I wish we had the QS dinning plan instead. We have always done the regular one because we like to sit down and have a nice dinner, but with a toddler it's too much trying to make reservations and expecting good behavior when she is tired and hot from the parks. She loves to come back to our "home" and just play with socks. LOL Just something to think about if you are on the fence about dinning with a little one.

I didn't check out breakfast there, but lunch was yummy. Are you cruising from Port Canaveral? If so, is it Disney? We are thinking about doing one with them in November.

yes im going on the dream it will be my own bitrhday present as i turn 32 on the 9th the day of the sailing my first birthday where im not home

Hi guys
We are staying at Pop at the end of september
I was wondering if people were usinG toasters in their rooms?
With the 3kids, It would save Time and money.

Please don't bring your own toaster. It's not a good idea. As a previous poster said, there are toasters in the food court area that you can use.

If you happen to like bagels as well as toast, we pack a bag of bagels for our in-room breakfast to save money/dining credits. The bagels travel very well, even in a checked bag.

8 days until I arrive at POP :hyper:

As much as I hope my family is having fun on their cruise this week I can't wait for them to come home so that I can take the suitcases and start packing :cool1:

We are about to head out for our 11 hour drive to The Happiest Place on Earth. :drive:
:yay::yay::yay::yay: Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kerstfan1 said:
yes im going on the dream it will be my own bitrhday present as i turn 32 on the 9th the day of the sailing my first birthday where im not home

Happy early birthday and have a blast! That is the ship we might be going on. Still trying to decide for sure!

Officially returning to POP on May 25, 2013 after a long 11 month absence. Can't wait!!! :banana:

:cool1: What an amazing way to spend you birthday!! :bday: to you (a little early :))

Please don't bring your own toaster. It's not a good idea. As a previous poster said, there are toasters in the food court area that you can use.

If you happen to like bagels as well as toast, we pack a bag of bagels for our in-room breakfast to save money/dining credits. The bagels travel very well, even in a checked bag.

Second your idea about the bagels ... and to further add to that idea ... this time we brought the mini bagels for our trip. :) It worked out great! (and it still left room for the yummy chocolate croissant!) :thumbsup2

8 days until I arrive at POP :hyper:

As much as I hope my family is having fun on their cruise this week I can't wait for them to come home so that I can take the suitcases and start packing :cool1:

:dance3: And I love the comment on the family returning .... I can just envision .... "yeah, great you had a fun time, blah, blah, now get your clothes out of my suitcases so I can pack!!" :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

We are about to head out for our 11 hour drive to The Happiest Place on Earth. :drive:
:yay::yay::yay::yay: Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Officially returning to POP on May 25, 2013 after a long 11 month absence. Can't wait!!! :banana:

:woohoo: We all start our celebrations early!! More time to plan and share here. :goodvibes

One week!! :yay:

:yay: :hippie:

So excited! I am packed and ready to go, a full 24 hours in advance!! :woohoo::woohoo: All laundry in the entire house is done, floors mopped and even cleaned the carpets. :laundy: I like coming home to a clean house. :cloud9: Now tomorrow I can do the final few errands; car cleaned, pedicures and lunch with my best friend, pick up camera lens rental and dart into the dollar store for a few random items and then, I am DONE! :thumbsup2 I can't believe I am actually ahead of schedule. Feels good. Rare, but good. :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for such a great thread of information, I feel like I have everything needed to make our first Pop stay a success. This time tomorrow night, I will be looking at the clock over and over when I should be resting, so I more than likely will be getting on the road before my scheduled 3 am time. No worries, Mickey Waffles at the Pop on Friday morning sounds like a perfect way to get our trip on a roll! :cheer2:

Mickey waffles was one of my niece's favorite foods! :thumbsup2 Safe travels and enjoy!! :banana:

Today was day three for us. I wanted to post a few things for you DISers.
-DP rocks! I am still in awe of what we can get with our free QS plan
-You can eat at wolfgang pucks express at DD on the dining QS DP! Score! Awesome food, in a sit down resturant and good service. Totally impressed!
-Weather has been great! On and off showers but mostly sunny the last two days.
-At AK I reccomend the safari ride and go to it first thing in the am! Awesome!
-AK, Nemo and Lion King musicals, top notch entertainment! Great performers!
-Epcot, the nachos at La Cantina are really good and big, totally shareable.
-HS, Line up for Fantasmic early. I liked it but I like it better at Disneyland. Sorry guys. ;0) They are similar but not the same shows.

POP has been great for us so far. The dining area is cool. Our room is basic and nice. It works great for us die hards that spend nearly every waking moment in the parks. ;0) The CMs have all been very nice and polite.

We LOVE WPE!!! Agree completely that it has great choices and gives you a TS feel for a QS credit. :thumbsup2 Now, can a WPE open up at MK???? :)

we are AK lovers .... love the rides, and shows are top notch. We think Finding Nemo is a fantastic, creative musical adaption of the movie - a must see for all. :thumbsup2

Less than a week to go! FIVE DAYS! I managed to slice my finger open on a fan after saving it from falling over at church. I am in a splint. :( I have so much going on the next few days it is crazy! We still have so much to do and I can barely do anything with my dominant hand. Could be worse. Could've lost some fingers!

I am just thanking my lucky stars that we invested in an easy to fold stroller and lighter weight luggage.

Thank goodness it wasn't worse ....

We're here and loving it. Pop is the best!!! We have met some great people and the CM's are awesome. the weather is getting better. Spent the day at Typhoon Lagoon, and we're off to Blizzard beach tomorrow.
As always, the food is very yummy. I'm gluten free, and the chefs have been fantastic.:banana:
Hope everyone at POP right now are having a great time. And for those of you still counting the days, I hope you have a wonderful time at POP.:goodvibes

Hi Donna!! So nice for you to check in with us!! Happy you are having a blast!! Agree with you 100% on the CMs ... we met great CMs and had a terrific housekeeper!

I have always heard that the POP chefs are very attentive to people with allergies ... glad to hear that you are experiencing this yourself. :)

A possible cruise??? Oh, you must tell me all about it!! ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter