POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
mistysue said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

Did you get an email confirmation for your room only reservation when you booked it and made payment?

Yes, email, it shows up on the site, I've called about it and referenced it on our special diets form, which I was called about and they didn't say anything... so I know it's there, it's just fun to get mail.

Oh I know it's always GREAT to get mail from the mouse! Heck I like almost anything the mailman leaves that isn't a bill! LOL
I was just going to share though that in my experience when booking a room only, I haven't gotten any hard copy mail except for Magical Express. And this trip we didn't even get that because we rented a car to go to our house first. I didn't even get the Toy Story flyer others have been receiving... :(
The best part is when I get my mail for DCL!! i think the whole court knows when that arrives!! LOL!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

So excited! DH surprised me by booking a holiday trip.
However, by the time he booked, the only rooms left at POP under the free dining promotion were standard pool view. This means my only choices for location are 90s and 50s, right?
I've always avoided pool view due to noise, but I don't think it will be too bad in December. Any recommendations on 90s v. 50s?
Thanks!

Hi. We will be staying at Pop for the first time in October with DS age 7. I'm wondering if we can sit outside our hotel room in the evening while he is sleeping? Is there room on the walkways for a couple chairs? Or are there ground floor areas where this would work? We'd obviously need to be within sight of our door. Thanks!

We always have room for 2 chairs. Just make sure they are near the door area. We were never in the walkway. Not even close.. Thee is a little bit of a bump out between the door and window and 2 chairs fit there just fine.

However, by the time he booked, the only rooms left at POP under the free dining promotion were standard pool view. This means my only choices for location are 90s and 50s, right?
I've always avoided pool view due to noise, but I don't think it will be too bad in December. Any recommendations on 90s v. 50s?
Thanks!

Correct, the standard pool view rooms are in the 50's and the 80's/90's sections.

The 50's section is my recommended location for any room type, in particular, I like building 1.

I'm curious how some have mentioned their room locations. I was told once on an earlier visit that room assignments weren't made until approx 3 days before arrival. Is this correct?

Thanks!

50's!!!!:thumbsup2
We have stayed 50's pool view (even summertime) and it was quite enjoyable! It was not noisy at all. There were people occasionally in the pool but not the racket we encountered when we stayed in the 80's!! :scared1: I don't ever want to stay in the 80's/90's section again. ONE night was all I could take!!! I felt as though I was in a different county! :rotfl2: And the NOISE!!! My Gosh it was still going at 2am. I think it was a tour group but there was an awful lot of english... :rotfl2: I know others feel differently about staying in the 80's/90's, but 'FOR ME' it is a vacation deal breaker.

Is building 1 in the 50's section the closest to the main building? We stayed in the 90's last time and it took too long for my old bones to get anywhere! LOL

I'm thinking of requesting 50's building 1, 4th floor. Thoughts?

Do the toilets still sound like jet engines or have they lessened the sound over the years?? I was awake every time one got flushed in the middle of the night. I'm told staying on the 4th floor takes care of that (well, mostly).

Thanks!

We love POP!!!!!

Us too! :goodvibes

Thanks!

What a nice surprise!! Like other posters, we like the 50s area over the 90s. Either bldg 1 or 3 is great.

Just a note, if you rather have a different category, keep calling back to check on the availability of other rooms. People cancel and change their reservation often. You might get a different category (especially is you prefer either the 60s or 70s. :)) This is true even when the FD promotion ends, if rooms are available under the code you can change your reservation. :)

Is building 1 in the 50's section the closest to the main building? We stayed in the 90's last time and it took too long for my old bones to get anywhere! LOL

I'm thinking of requesting 50's building 1, 4th floor. Thoughts?

Do the toilets still sound like jet engines or have they lessened the sound over the years?? I was awake every time one got flushed in the middle of the night. I'm told staying on the 4th floor takes care of that (well, mostly).

Thanks!

We really like the 4th floor. Very quiet.:)

Toilet noise can be cut down by closing the bathroom door at night. :goodvibes

The 50's section is my recommended location for any room type, in particular, I like building 1.

50's!!!!:thumbsup2
We have stayed 50's pool view (even summertime) and it was quite enjoyable! It was not noisy at all.

Thinking I am going to request the 50's building when I do online check-in for my standard room. We will have a car and from the map, it looks like I'd have the best chance of being close to a parking lot if we were in 50's.

Anyone, let me know if you found another section to be more convenient with a car. :) :)

I'm curious how some have mentioned their room locations. I was told once on an earlier visit that room assignments weren't made until approx 3 days before arrival. Is this correct?

I think when the recent posts are mentioning room locations ahead of time, it's about what the reserved room type is (preferred pool, standard pool, etc.) and/or what they have requested. Right now Disney does not tell you ahead of time what your room assignment is until you arrive.

It would be interesting to have that change in the future...part of the "next gen" ticketing systems speculation is that your room and tickets could be activated online and you could go directly to your assigned resort room. But that's just speculation.

Thinking I am going to request the 50's building when I do online check-in for my standard room. We will have a car and from the map, it looks like I'd have the best chance of being close to a parking lot if we were in 50's.

Anyone, let me know if you found another section to be more convenient with a car. :) :)

The 80s/90s is very good too. :) We like bldg 9.

I have to wonder if my room number was listed on my reservation because 1)it's a HA room and 2) I had called and was transferred all kinds of places and finally directly to POP to make sure that my room was the type listed on the reservation. It wasn't listed on there until after that call.

I am still hoping that there really are 2 beds in that room :confused3

Ok, so here we are just over a month until our trip and I am wondering if anyone else has the same disorder I do. I call it the "want to constantly prepare for our trip but it is far away then suddenly it is just two weeks out and I am totally unprepared" disorder. :rotfl: Seriously, every year I plan ADRs, touring plans and think about all the other things I want to make, prepare, etc, but I pace myself while telling myself that I need to chill out because there is plenty of time. Then, suddenly my ticker says less than 15 days and I start stressing! I am battling that now. I keep wanting to start packing and organizing (this is my first big trip with multiple food allergies so I am really trying to be prepared) but then I get so excited that I have to say, "Slow down, it is still a month away!" However, this little voice inside keeps reminding me that I've said that before! :rolleyes1

They definitely have bed rails. I just ask for them at check-in. One time they had me call housekeeping when I got to the room and the other time the front desk must have notified housekeeping themselves because by the time we walked up to the room, the bed rails were already in the room. There is no charge for them and they're good sturdy rails -- better than any of the ones I've had at home.

I am glad to know there are good, sturdy bed rails. Does anyone know if you can get two rails for one room (maybe that is standard procedure, but I am not sure)? DS2 flails all over the bed while sleeping, which is actually not much different from how he is when he is awake :rotfl2:! At home he has a rail on one side and a wall on the other and he likes to sleep pushed up against either surface. I know how the rooms are set up at POP and am concerned he might fall off if there is only a rail on one side.

Thanks and happy planning!:thumbsup2

I am glad to know there are good, sturdy bed rails. Does anyone know if you can get two rails for one room (maybe that is standard procedure, but I am not sure)? DS2 flails all over the bed while sleeping, which is actually not much different from how he is when he is awake :rotfl2:! At home he has a rail on one side and a wall on the other and he likes to sleep pushed up against either surface. I know how the rooms are set up at POP and am concerned he might fall off if there is only a rail on one side.

I got 2 bed rails on our last trip. We did have 2 connecting rooms, but I don't think that mattered. I would imagine there are a lot of siblings who share a bed at Disney and each need a railing on their side. And I'm sure there are plenty of restless sleepers (like my kids) who manage to roll across nearly every square inch of the bed during the night and need one for each side of the bed even if they're the only one in it. I don't think there will be any problem with requesting 2 bed rails.

Ok, so here we are just over a month until our trip and I am wondering if anyone else has the same disorder I do. I call it the "want to constantly prepare for our trip but it is far away then suddenly it is just two weeks out and I am totally unprepared" disorder. :rotfl: Seriously, every year I plan ADRs, touring plans and think about all the other things I want to make, prepare, etc, but I pace myself while telling myself that I need to chill out because there is plenty of time. Then, suddenly my ticker says less than 15 days and I start stressing! I am battling that now. I keep wanting to start packing and organizing (this is my first big trip with multiple food allergies so I am really trying to be prepared) but then I get so excited that I have to say, "Slow down, it is still a month away!" However, this little voice inside keeps reminding me that I've said that before! :rolleyes1

Yep that is me to a T! After 10 years of trips to Disney I still am just like that!:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter