POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem! :goodvibes Here's the info. :cool1:

Illuminations Views: The very top of the Epcot Illumination fireworks can be seen from the lakeside upper floors, 50’s buildings 2,3, and 60’s building 4.
Thank you Janet!! :) ...and.. It' better late than never... Thank you so much for this FAQ thread!! Great information and great pictures!! :thumbsup2

Hello all!!

I'm not gonna say much, but I just wanted to say I'm back from my first stay at the POP and loved it!! I have some pics to post, but we are a little busy right now.

My sister and I got super lucky and missed ALL the rain! We were able to come back every day for a nap and also grabbed lunch at the food court.

On our fourth day of disney we found out that our Grandma had died, which is why i've been delaying putting up pictures. It's kinda hard to get back in the mood. Anyhow, we finnished off our trip (what better a place to keep your mind off of things!) then flew back to MD where my husband and kids are. We got home about 9:30 wednesday night, then packed and the next morning at about 6:00 we jumped in the car, my husband, me, my 14 year old sister, my 2 kids (ages 6 and 4) and the 100 lb dog for a 16 hour car ride back to Iowa. We made it in one day and all was well.

Anyway, long story short (kinda), because of our unexpected Iowa trip, I am way behind on things in MD and I don't feel like doing anything ;). So, this is my attempt to get things rolling and hopefully I will have time to post some more tomorrow!

Hello all!!

I'm not gonna say much, but I just wanted to say I'm back from my first stay at the POP and loved it!! I have some pics to post, but we are a little busy right now.

My sister and I got super lucky and missed ALL the rain! We were able to come back every day for a nap and also grabbed lunch at the food court.

On our fourth day of disney we found out that our Grandma had died, which is why i've been delaying putting up pictures. It's kinda hard to get back in the mood. Anyhow, we finnished off our trip (what better a place to keep your mind off of things!) then flew back to MD where my husband and kids are. We got home about 9:30 wednesday night, then packed and the next morning at about 6:00 we jumped in the car, my husband, me, my 14 year old sister, my 2 kids (ages 6 and 4) and the 100 lb dog for a 16 hour car ride back to Iowa. We made it in one day and all was well.

Anyway, long story short (kinda), because of our unexpected Iowa trip, I am way behind on things in MD and I don't feel like doing anything ;). So, this is my attempt to get things rolling and hopefully I will have time to post some more tomorrow!

I am so sorry. Prayers for you and your family. I am glad that you had a good time at Pop Century and WDW, but you need to take time for yourself now.

Hello all!!

So Sorry to hear about your loss:hug:

Hello all!!

So sorry for your loss! Payers and Pixie Dust!:hug:

Hello all!!

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. You are in my thoughts and
prayers.

JavArmy I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip and avoided the rain.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you guys made that trip safely. :hug:

Hello all!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. Hope for some Pixie Dust for you on your loss soon.

Donna the ones for the WP last year were mickey and the gang in inner tubes. Hanging in the lazy river. They were generic at TL and BB no more WP specific mug. They are also a bit smaller than the older versions. They have a red rim and cover.

So, are they the same ones this year?

JavArmy said:
Hello all!!

Anyway, long story short (kinda), because of our unexpected Iowa trip, I am way behind on things in MD and I don't feel like doing anything . So, this is my attempt to get things rolling and hopefully I will have time to post some more tomorrow!

Hello fellow Marylander!! So glad you were able to enjoy your trip! But very sorry to hear about your loss! Sending hugs your way. Try to take some time to slow down and recover from your loss.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Nana2Callie said:
Is this resort close enough to take afternoon breaks? 1st page says - 15 minute travel time to parks EP, MK and HS - is that about right? Even during the busy summer?

MK is the furtherest and can take up to 20 min (but usually 15ish min). I have noticed that there are multiple ways the drivers take to get to MK and some seem to be a bit faster than others. Epcot seems to take about 12 to 15 min, again depending on the route the driver takes. Hollywood Studios is right around the corner from POP and you get there in literally 5 minutes. AK is about 10ish minutes away, it's the second closest park to park to POP. If you look at the way they designate the areas, POP is technically in the AK area of hotels (not sure why, but the studios doesn't have an area...only AK, MK, & Epcot do). HTH!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Hello all!!

I am so sorry for your loss :hug: Take time for yourself and your family now. We will be here to share in your trip memories when you are ready.:goodvibes

It's official I have finally booked POP as the 3rd hotel in a 3 hotel split-stay in September. It'll be my first time there and I'm more excited for this hotel than I am for the other 2. The other 2 being ASMu and OKW, even though I love OKW I can't wait to try something different. :banana:

Just a couple of questions, is the Roger Rabbit bit a good place to stay? I love Roger Rabbit lol :rotfl:

Hi everyone! I'll be at Pop Aug 25- 30 (6days in parks) ...and im sooooo excited! My 2 kids (9 and 16) and i have ONLY stayed n Moderates... But this is a new adventure! My new hubby of 2 yrs has NEVER been to WDW!!! Im excited to try this resort and hopefully we will like it!! I requested 50s building to be closer to food court and busses. Anyway...i hope to see some of you there!!:yay:

Hi everyone! I'll be at Pop Aug 25- 30 (6days in parks) ...and im sooooo excited! My 2 kids (9 and 16) and i have ONLY stayed n Moderates... But this is a new adventure! My new hubby of 2 yrs has NEVER been to WDW!!! Im excited to try this resort and hopefully we will like it!! I requested 50s building to be closer to food court and busses. Anyway...i hope to see some of you there!!:yay:

DS and I will be there at the same time! Less than 60 days, can't wait! :banana:

We will be there around the same time 8/24 to 9/3. In a few days I can say we are leaving for vacation next month. :cool1:. I'm trying right now to finalize plans. We have a pirates league booked for the girls and I think I could get away with canceling it. They both told me they would like to get there face painted again instead. We also have CP and H&V reservations both breakfast but thinking of switching the H&V for lunch. I know it don't get great reviews but my youngest loves Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter