• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, again, just freaking out about the water. :scared1: I think I'm going to ship it from Walmart since it is so cheap. Will POP charge me a delivery fee? Has anyone done this and know how you put in the address?

I always ship water to the resort. POP doesn't charge a delivery fee. I just have Bell Services bring it to my room .... and tip them of course. I'm sure that the POP address is in the first post. I always include my arrival date and my confirmation number. There is a sticky somewhere on the boards about shipping to the resorts .... has all the addresses etc.

This is a big reason why we are stying at POP over ASMo. It will be our first time at a value (since it's only my second trip to disney), and I was worried about having to take busses everywhere since we stayed on the monorail last time. I have heard great things about POP busses and I am super excited to find out!!

If all goes well with the bussing for my upcomming trip with my sister, then I am more likely to book value when I come back with my kids!

Just looked at your ticker! Were going to be enjoying POP for the first time the same time as you!

Just walked over to Animation from Pop. Not sure if it's posted yet, but the wall dividing Pop and Animation is down!

I love Pop, but Animation is AMAZING!!

Just looked at your ticker! Were going to be enjoying POP for the first time the same time as you!

Whoop Whoop!! I'm going with my 14 year old sister! Can't wait! She is flying to my house on the 13th. We will spend the next couple of days after she gets here getting our door and window decorations ready :goodvibes Then on the 16th, it's of to DISNEY!!

I'm so excited to take her. She has only been once (and I don't know if you can even count that!). She went a few years ago with my mom and my dad. My dad HATES disney, they only went for a day, and not even a WHOLE day, no planning, no nothing, so I say, it doesn't count.

That's why I told her she had to come with me and do it the "vinson" way ;) I am so excited (as long as we don't kill eachother before the vacation is over!).

We're super-psyched about our September/October trip to POP! - we always stay here but this will be the first time at WDW for our daughter. She turns 1 the day we arrive. We always stay in the 50's section but might want to be near the kiddie pool this round. Couple of questions:

1. What are your suggestions on a room request?
- We will be driving down and have the AAA Diamond parking so we drive to the parks daily as well. Need a room close to the parking lot.
- I'm confused (even after viewing the map) about finding a room near the kiddie pool but on the lake side. We like to stroll in the evening and see the animals.

2. If you've traveled with babies, do you prefer ground floor rooms for using strollers? Or is it better to get a 4th floor end room for less foot traffic noise?

3. We are planning on bringing our own Pack-n-Play (larger, softer and has changing table/supply shelf attachment). Will it fit? Anyone ever brought their own?

A Baby Center question: Anyone ever nurse in the park baby centers? I was wondering if they have private/semi-private nursing areas? Did anyone bring a nursing pillow? If so, tips on storing it?

Thanks in advance everyone!!!!!:thumbsup2

POP and AOA-So, is it still decided that they are not sister resorts and can't share pools?

Thanks to everyone who helped with my bottled water questions. I ended up ordering 2 cases from walmart from under $9. I ordered kinda late and the delivery dates are June 4 -8. Hoping it gets there by the 6th when we arrive.

We ordered from water from Walmart too and it's supposed to get there tomorrow and we get there Tuesday. I also shipped a box of breakfast foods, snacks, bowls, etc so we can just buy a half gallon of milk at the food court and eat in the room each morning. Try to save a few bucks where we can and we didn't need much so Garden Grocer wasn't the answer.

We bought the generic Mio at Walmart (Great Value brand) as it was over $1 cheaper than the Mio. Haven't tried it before so I hope it's good. Anyone ever have it?

I ordered a case of water from Costco and it was delivered within 2 days. It's there waiting for me now ( the comments on at the beginning of the thread say that they will hold it up to 2 weeks ).

Also, if anyone is interested.... I purchase a coffee pot to bring with me , if anybody wants it early Sat Morning the 9th, please PM me ( otherwise, I am just leaving it in the room and it will probably get thrown away). I figured for $8.50 bucks from walmart, it was worth the convenience of having coffee in my room

- I'm confused (even after viewing the map) about finding a room near the kiddie pool but on the lake side. We like to stroll in the evening and see the animals.

2. If you've traveled with babies, do you prefer ground floor rooms for using strollers? Or is it better to get a 4th floor end room for less foot traffic noise?

Both buildings 4 and 5 (60's section) near the kiddie pool have rooms facing the lake.

I always recommend a ground floor because I like it better with a stroller -- just open the door and go, no messing around with the elevator.

POP and AOA-So, is it still decided that they are not sister resorts and can't share pools?

I didn't see any reports from today that Pop guests went over to the AoA pool. So we're still waiting for that first-hand report.

Just walked over to Animation from Pop. Not sure if it's posted yet, but the wall dividing Pop and Animation is down!

I love Pop, but Animation is AMAZING!!

I know you are on vacation, but if you can spare a few minutes, inquiring minds need know about the amazing part. :goodvibes

And I am so envious of you. Actually I just wish I was there. :banana:

and I'm going crazy with anticipation of our next vacation. Trying to stay busy. Hoping to start working on my Disney t-shirts for me and DH this weekend. And jazzing up the Halloween costumes.:banana:

How did you travel from POP to Universal?
We're flying and I prefer not to rent a car. DH would drive me crazy with his GPS.:lmao:

Just got off the phone with reservations to check on my requests since they got "lost" on our last trip. CM told me I would have to pay extra to get a lakeview at POP and also that my room wouldn't be assigned until I checked in. I know she's wrong about the lakeview, but have things changed? I thought rooms were preassigned?

Just got off the phone with reservations to check on my requests since they got "lost" on our last trip. CM told me I would have to pay extra to get a lakeview at POP and also that my room wouldn't be assigned until I checked in. I know she's wrong about the lakeview, but have things changed? I thought rooms were preassigned?

It's my understanding that rooms are assigned within 10 days of your arrival, which is also the same window for online check-in being available.

You won't know what room you are assigned until you check-in, maybe that is what the CM means to say. They still do not have a system for telling you your assignment ahead of time, which I would like to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter