• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it better to call in room requests rather than do online check-in?? We will be getting to the resort super early in the morning (prolly around 10 am) and I'm fairly sure they won't have our room ready, so I don't think online check-in will help us much. Whadda yall think?

Reports are that online check-in for Pop Century now provides many more room request options than before, so if this set matches what you are interested in, you can just try online check-in. Examples we have heard are:

-Request 70's
-Request lakeview
-Request 80's
-Request ground floor
-Request 60's
-Request 90's
-Request 50's
-Near Transportation
-Pack n Play

If you have more specific request ideas, such as a specific floor other than ground, a King Size bed room, rooms with interior connecting doors, then it is better to call ahead of time and have those requests noted.

From experience we also know that even if you do online check-in and the assigned room doesn't meet your requests, CMs can still work with you to reassign the room if possible. So the online check-in line can be an advantage during times when the regular check-in line is very long. Some times of the year or some times of the day, the regular and online check-in lines are both very short and it doesn't matter. I have seen both. I like online check-in and I'll always do it.

Is it better to call in room requests rather than do online check-in?? We will be getting to the resort super early in the morning (prolly around 10 am) and I'm fairly sure they won't have our room ready, so I don't think online check-in will help us much. Whadda yall think?

Our trip last year I did the online check-in. We had no idea when we would arrive, since we were driving down after a family reunion... We managed to get to CBR at 8 am. We figured we'd have them call us when our room was ready, but it already was! I didn't make any special room requests though, aside from a pirate room.

We have done online check in everytime we go since they started it and we have always gotten what we requested. We had paid for a preferred room one time at Pop, but I requested a 50's room as we hadn't stayed in that section yet and the CM said she didn't think they were preferred rooms, but we got it anyway.

We usually arrve around 7am, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Sometimes our room is ready and sometimes it isn't. Pop is one resort where I have never had a problem with the room, well I think ASMovies is the only one where we did have to request to be moved.

well, just got off the phone with WDW reservations and made sure my room request preferences were noted.:thumbsup2 I'm always glad to work with such cheerful call center reps like Anita was and she took down all my preferences and was very helpful. Couldn't change the credit card info but that's no problem; I can take care of that at the check-in desk next week. :coffee:

Exactly 7000 minutes to go as of 9:50am! :banana::joker:

:cool1: Our CM's are very helpful as well. :thumbsup2 AND, since it's 12:16pm you've shaved some minutes off that 7K! :banana:

Just got off the phone with Jill at WDW Reservations to update my room preferences. :) SO EXCITED!

:woohoo: ... such a great feeling, isn't it? :goodvibes

Forgot to mention that Pas130 (who has posted on the POP thread) arrived at WDW yesterday afternoon, and was upgraded to preferred rooms, in the 70s, bldg 10!! :cool1:

First time at POP, the kids are having tons of fun swimming that no one wants to go into the parks!!

Here's her incredible happy family:

GoofyPlay-1.jpg

;)
When we got married in 2008, we were at POR Riverside, and Pop Warner arrived in our 2nd week. The kids were friendly, but a bit noisy. We just went with it. We became known as "The Honeymooners". When the kids left, they left us "gifts" by our door. Seems like they couldn't take these "gifts" with them. ;)
They weren't in the parks in the day time, so you should be okay. Actually they didn't make a large impact in the evenings either. You will see them at the resort.
We've never scheduled a trip at that time again. ;)

DonnaBoo; That was nice of the kids to leave you guys gifts. We'll keep our reservations and see how it goes. If it's too crazy, we'll know not to schedule that week in the future. Hope you have a nice Halloween trip! pixiedust: Thank's for the reply!

Forgot to mention that Pas130 (who has posted on the POP thread) arrived at WDW yesterday afternoon, and was upgraded to preferred rooms, in the 70s, bldg 10!! :cool1:

First time at POP, the kids are having tons of fun swimming that no one wants to go into the parks!!

Here's her incredible happy family:

GoofyPlay-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing Janet. I didn't know she has 5 kids (super mom).:). Great pic of her family. That is how are pics come out I'm always MIA.

Yes, I am aware that the de DP does not cover those two restaurants. I just thought they would be worth trying even if it means we have to pay.

Didn't know about the first visit pin. Thanks! :thumbsup2

I'm glad I could help with the pin, it's a nice keep sake from your trip.

I figured you knew, but just in case wanted to throw that in there so you didn't have any surprises! :)

Thanks for sharing Janet. I didn't know she has 5 kids (super mom).:). Great pic of her family. That is how are pics come out I'm always MIA.

You're welcome Kelly! And she is definitely a super mom!! :flower3: (and she has an older son not on the trip!!) :)

For pix, I'm MIA too .... and I PREFER it! :goodvibes

You're welcome Kelly! And she is definitely a super mom!! :flower3: (and she has an older son not on the trip!!) :)

For pix, I'm MIA too .... and I PREFER it! :goodvibes

You sound like Christine !!!!! She is planning on leaving the building if I get my camera out :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Do you think a gallon size jug of milk would fit in the fridge at POP if that were the only thing in the fridge? Looking at the photo, it seems like it would if we took a shelf out. What do the experts think? Thanks for your help.:goodvibes

Do you think a gallon size jug of milk would fit in the fridge at POP if that were the only thing in the fridge? Looking at the photo, it seems like it would if we took a shelf out. What do the experts think? Thanks for your help.:goodvibes

You might be able to if you take the shelf out, but I'm not 100% sure. I took a gallon of tea when we stayed at AKL and it barely fit in there and those fridges are bigger.

You might be able to if you take the shelf out, but I'm not 100% sure. I took a gallon of tea when we stayed at AKL and it barely fit in there and those fridges are bigger.

Thanks for your response. It's hard to tell. We are putting an order together for gardengrocer.com and one of our ladies wants me to get a gallon of milk for her. I think I saw the 1/2 gallons are available in the food court at POP also, so it's probably not an issue to just buy a 1/2 gallon up front and then another from the food court. I'm gonna research this more.:thumbsup2

Here now, it looks as if you can fit 1 gallon + in the frig if you take out the shelf.
...maybe even 2 gallons, but dont want to steer anyone wrong on that one, we dont have anything to test that one out

Here now, it looks as if you can fit 1 gallon + in the frig if you take out the shelf.
...maybe even 2 gallons, but dont want to steer anyone wrong on that one, we dont have anything to test that one out

Awesome! Do you know if they sell 1/2 gallons of milk in the food court? It may be easier for me to just purchase them as needed rather than get 2 in advance. Thanks for taking time out from your trip to respond! I love DIS'ers!

7 more days for me!! Woo-hoo!!:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter