POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, no Pas you have NEVER done that!!
Nope not me....:rolleyes:

I like the way you think, pas...and always the voice of reason.
I know you know now I was referring to janet...but I am SO showing this post to DH :lmao:

Well we are REASON-ably sure Pas thoroughly checks out ALL resorts (again and again!) :laughing:
I really do :sad2:

:rotfl2: I should have realized that...or if I hadn't skimmed I'd have known to whom she was referring!:rolleyes1:goodvibes

Oh, yes...ALL resorts...although she might be a little bit biased in considering our POP. ;)
Why wuld I be biased? :p

I am glad we know the difference between adjoining and connecting !!!:goodvibesA CM told me there was no such thing as adjoining they were connecting !!I did explain the difference BUT she insisted she was right !!!So I just let her continue in her dilussion !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Of course she was right :scared: Yesterday I hd a CM explan how she worked there for awhile ad was positive there were no connecting Royal Rooms (cause the computer said so) REALLY? How come I was able to book them UGH...I suggested she check Water View...VOILA connecting....:snooty:

Nope not me....:rolleyes:

I know you know now I was referring to janet...but I am SO showing this post to DH :lmao::

:rotfl2:

Of course she was right :scared: Yesterday I hd a CM explan how she worked there for awhile ad was positive there were no connecting Royal Rooms (cause the computer said so) REALLY? How come I was able to book them UGH...I suggested she check Water View...VOILA connecting....:snooty:

Pas.... don't ya think we would make excellent CMs some day??? :)

I tried to look at a rooms map but couldn't figure this out. Are there any king rooms that connect, if so where?

And is there driving maps. We are taking a car for the first time and need help. We still may use the buses too. Thanks.

I am very sure there are no connecting King rooms - usually if a king room does connect, it is to a dbl bed room. You could request adjoining rooms, which in Disney lingo would mean nearby....be sure the reservations are linked and at checked be sure to ask how close the room are and if another floor or building, ask if they could find rooms closer together.:thumbsup2

Cannot help with the maps as we never drive, but Janet does and several other POPers do - I am sure they will respond.

Happy planning and have great a trip! :goodvibes

The King rooms we have had a connecting door, once we had the room next door and it had 2 double beds. I don't know if they all connect to another room or not. We request a King room, because there are only 2 of us and I think we have always gotten it. Once we got a connecting room with my mom and cousin and we had the king room and they had double beds.

We have never had any problem following the signs that are around property, but most everywhere seems to be a big circle, so if you do go the wrong way, there is always another way to get to where you want to be. It's weird, almost, it's like a maze, without running into a blocked off area (not sure if I'm making sense).

We were at WDW in January and our first full morning was during one of the marathons, well there were alot of roads closed, I was really worried. We decided to use the buses, we were at BWI then, those bus drivers went alternate routes, without hesitation. It's just almost impossible to get lost.

Does Pop get decorated for Christmas?

Yes!! Here is a few pix ....

Ornament pix ... by MAGIC...itis

HippyVan-2.jpg

FlowerPowerMickey-2.jpg

pix by MeMom ...​

treedisplay-1.jpg

Silvertree-1-1.jpg

soon will have some in the FAQ portion of the thread ....someone's been asking me ... :rolleyes:

I just saw the pic of the Christmas tree in the pop photo thread. This makes me even more excited.:thumbsup2

I LOVE Christmas and I LOVE Disney. But then, I guess there is a bunch of people on here who feel the same!:cheer2:

It's so nice to have people that understand me....I know my family doesn't!:rotfl2:

It's so nice to have people that understand me....I know my family doesn't!:rotfl2:

Same here as well .... my DD is into it, the boys are not, that why my DISfamily helps SO much!!

;)Same here....that's why I love it here!

Yes...I will aplly when I relocate to WDW..I mean Florida :)

Me too ... oh, can't you see us working carts together??? :cool1:

or at the Haunted Mansion??

:dance3:

Same here as well .... my DD is into it, the boys are not, that why my DISfamily helps SO much!!

Me too ... oh, can't you see us working carts together??? :cool1:

or at the Haunted Mansion??

:dance3:

Please move in to the center of the room...DEAD CENTER...oh yeah :scratchin

Janet B thank you for sharing the photos. We are going the first week of Dec and can't wait to see the resort decorated for Christmas!

Just an FYI, I'm no longer dancing the triple digits. I'm dancing the double digit dance today, only 99 more days to go, WOOHOO!

Greetings all! I have been a lurker on the DIS boards for awhile and have decided to join after seeing all of the wonderful people that share me and DW's love for WDW. I would like to thank you JanetB for keeping this wonderful thread up and going, and so much fun. It has been so much help and so fun to read. And, thanks to all of you fun and groovy POPers for all your advice and warm welcomes to those who are looking for help. Everybody on this thread is the greatest. It is because of the "POP thread" that we have booked a stay at POP the first week of December.​
I have a few questions about the POP rooms but would like to share my story first, if I may. Me and DW had been married for 17 years (now 20)and no success of a child. We started seeing a different fertility doctor and were three months into trying when we decided to go back to WDW the first week of January 2010. We stayed at POR and the second day there, DW tested and "oh my", we were pregnant.:cheer2: That week was an amazing week as we were both grinning from ear to ear. So I give thanks above for answered prayers and a great fertility doctor. And yes, WDW, is "the place where dreams come true". I failed to mention that we were in such shock and disbelieve that DW tested 4 more times that week just to make sure.​
All of that being said, we are headed back to WDW for our 1st vacation as a family but not only with DS but with DD. WHAT!!!:confused3 That's right! Fives months after DS was born we were talking about if we should try for another child in a few months or if one child was enough. Well apparently God had other plans because the next week my DW said she felt pregnant and sure enough, we were.:cheer2: We were already 4 weeks pregnant. WOW!! No fertility treatments on this one folks. DD was born this past November and 3 months later, DW had to have a total hysterectomy. NO WAY!! A few months earlier and DD would not exist. Did I mention that just before we started fertility treatments with DS we had wrote down a boys name and a girls name and put them in a jar that said "with God all things are possibe". After DS was born we took his name out and left the girls name in:thumbsup2. WOW!!​
So this vacation is very special for me and DW. The last time we were at WDW it was just me and DW staying at POR in January 2010 with the Christmas decorations up, happy that we were pregnant. Now it we be 2 years and 11 months later at POP with the Christmas decorations up and TWO kids. UNBELIEVABLE!!​
So now to my questions: 1. DS will be 27 months old and DD will be 13 months old at the time of our trip, what room/building would you all suggest for us. The variables are: close to the parking lot because of toting the kids back and forth, close to the main hall, need quiet for the babes to sleep and would like to be able to see Illuminations from the room. Me and DW were thinking of building 2 in the 50's section, lakeview, 4th floor. 2. Sleeping arrangements: Would 2 Graco "pack n' plays" fit in a room. We're thinking of each child sleeping in there own pack n' play. DS is a light sleeper and very restless at night so sleeping with me or DW might be out. 3. Have any of you folks taken 2 small children to WDW and what's your do's and don'ts advice? 4. And lastly, we booked our stay online with a pin number through WDW. We chose standard view. Who do you call, what's the number and how far out can I call to ask for a room preference?​
Sorry for the long read but I just wanted to share our happines and excitement. Again, thanks to all on this thread, you folks are great. I hope to see'yuns at POP:).​

I don't have much advice for you since this is my first stay at POP (our first trip with our girls) but I had to tell you that your story brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful that you have a miracle DS and DD now! I'm sure this will be a very special trip for you!! Have a wonderful time! pixiedust:

I don't have much advice for you since this is my first stay at POP (our first trip with our girls) but I had to tell you that your story brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful that you have a miracle DS and DD now! I'm sure this will be a very special trip for you!! Have a wonderful time! pixiedust:

Thank you so much for your kind words and pixiedust. I had ordered the 2012 Disney Parks Vacation Planning DVD and received it a month ago. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I think of DS and DD at WDW. Me and DS watch the DVD daily and his face lights up as he points at Cinderella Castle and the characters on the DVD. When the DVD starts, it plays the Disnay commercial with the OneRepublic song "Goodlife" and DS just smiles and points. We were out shopping the other day and the store was playing that song and he looked at me with a "surprised" look and was trying to find a TV to see it. That's priceless!
I hope you all have a wonderful time as well. Pixie dust your way to!pixiedust:

Greetings all! I have been a lurker on the DIS boards for awhile and have decided to join after seeing all of the wonderful people that share me and DW's love for WDW. I would like to thank you JanetB for keeping this wonderful thread up and going, and so much fun. It has been so much help and so fun to read. And, thanks to all of you fun and groovy POPers for all your advice and warm welcomes to those who are looking for help. Everybody on this thread is the greatest. It is because of the "POP thread" that we have booked a stay at POP the first week of December.
I have a few questions about the POP rooms but would like to share my story first, if I may. Me and DW had been married for 17 years (now 20)and no success of a child. We started seeing a different fertility doctor and were three months into trying when we decided to go back to WDW the first week of January 2010. We stayed at POR and the second day there, DW tested and "oh my", we were pregnant.:cheer2: That week was an amazing week as we were both grinning from ear to ear. So I give thanks above for answered prayers and a great fertility doctor. And yes, WDW, is "the place where dreams come true". I failed to mention that we were in such shock and disbelieve that DW tested 4 more times that week just to make sure.
All of that being said, we are headed back to WDW for our 1st vacation as a family but not only with DS but with DD. WHAT!!!:confused3 That's right! Fives months after DS was born we were talking about if we should try for another child in a few months or if one child was enough. Well apparently God had other plans because the next week my DW said she felt pregnant and sure enough, we were.:cheer2: We were already 4 weeks pregnant. WOW!! No fertility treatments on this one folks. DD was born this past November and 3 months later, DW had to have a total hysterectomy. NO WAY!! A few months earlier and DD would not exist. Did I mention that just before we started fertility treatments with DS we had wrote down a boys name and a girls name and put them in a jar that said "with God all things are possibe". After DS was born we took his name out and left the girls name in:thumbsup2. WOW!!
So this vacation is very special for me and DW. The last time we were at WDW it was just me and DW staying at POR in January 2010 with the Christmas decorations up, happy that we were pregnant. Now it we be 2 years and 11 months later at POP with the Christmas decorations up and TWO kids. UNBELIEVABLE!!
So now to my questions: 1. DS will be 27 months old and DD will be 13 months old at the time of our trip, what room/building would you all suggest for us. The variables are: close to the parking lot because of toting the kids back and forth, close to the main hall, need quiet for the babes to sleep and would like to be able to see Illuminations from the room. Me and DW were thinking of building 2 in the 50's section, lakeview, 4th floor. 2. Sleeping arrangements: Would 2 Graco "pack n' plays" fit in a room. We're thinking of each child sleeping in there own pack n' play. DS is a light sleeper and very restless at night so sleeping with me or DW might be out. 3. Have any of you folks taken 2 small children to WDW and what's your do's and don'ts advice? 4. And lastly, we booked our stay online with a pin number through WDW. We chose standard view. Who do you call, what's the number and how far out can I call to ask for a room preference?
Sorry for the long read but I just wanted to share our happines and excitement. Again, thanks to all on this thread, you folks are great. I hope to see'yuns at POP:).

First, many congratulations on your precious babies!!:cheer2: God certainly did have a wonderful plan.:goodvibes

Having stayed in several POP bldgs, including blg 2 with a Lake view, I would highly recommend bldg 3 (Tramp) and ask for king bed, fireworks view, 4th fl in that order. With a king you should be able to fit the 2 pack n plays - not perfectly, but better than with 2 dlbs.

The reason I suggest bldg 3 rather than 2 is because bldg 2 is at the very far end of the lake, so not much of a lake view and the trees are so tall the IllumiNations view is pretty much blocked.

Bldg 3 - just park in the 60's parking which you can see from your room in bldg 3 and it would be maybe a 3 min walk. The Lake side of bldg 3 on the upper floors, down near the end where you can see some fireworks is very quiet - if you don't have noisy neighbors. ;) A note about fireworks - it is the top of IllumiNations and sometimes Wishes in the far distance, but we still always enjoyed it when back at the room.

Call asap to add room requests and I will pm some room numbers - do ask for these when making requests, but at the front desk when you check in - do not do on line check-in if room location is important and you might want to change at check-in. On line check-in is meant for guests who just want to pick up their welcome packet and room keys and be on their way.:thumbsup2

Congratulations on your beautiful babies and I hope this is an amazing trip!! :goodvibes

First, many congratulations on your precious babies!!:cheer2: God certainly did have a wonderful plan.:goodvibes

Having stayed in several POP bldgs, including blg 2 with a Lake view, I would highly recommend bldg 3 (Tramp) and ask for king bed, fireworks view, 4th fl in that order. With a king you should be able to fit the 2 pack n plays - not perfectly, but better than with 2 dlbs.

The reason I suggest bldg 3 rather than 2 is because bldg 2 is at the very far end of the lake, so not much of a lake view and the trees are so tall the IllumiNations view is pretty much blocked.

Bldg 3 - just park in the 60's parking which you can see from your room in bldg 3 and it would be maybe a 3 min walk. The Lake side of bldg 3 on the upper floors, down near the end where you can see some fireworks is very quiet - if you don't have noisy neighbors. ;) A note about fireworks - it is the top of IllumiNations and sometimes Wishes in the far distance, but we still always enjoyed it when back at the room.

Call asap to add room requests and I will pm some room numbers - do ask for these when making requests, but at the front desk when you check in - do not do on line check-in if room location is important and you might want to change at check-in. On line check-in is meant for guests who just want to pick up their welcome packet and room keys and be on their way.:thumbsup2

Congratulations on your beautiful babies and I hope this is an amazing trip!! :goodvibes

Thanks Minnie&Nana! Great advice. I have my pen and paper and have written your advice down. Building 3 (Tramp) was our second choice only because DW thought it might be too far to the parking lot. Now to run it by DW. Thanks again.

Janet B thank you for sharing the photos. We are going the first week of Dec and can't wait to see the resort decorated for Christmas!

My pleasure! :goodvibes SOME day, we will get there too, just hard with a DD in middle school (soon to be high school :scared1:)

Just an FYI, I'm no longer dancing the triple digits. I'm dancing the double digit dance today, only 99 more days to go, WOOHOO!

You beat me to it StacyMarie !!!! 99 more days :cool1: :cool1: ... Wooohoo!!

:dance3: 99 days to go!! :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter