• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a "Thank You" card from WDW following up on our Spring Break trip. I guess that means it's really over. :sad: Seeing the other posts about just getting your Mickey Mail, made me think about this.

Can anyone verify if Uncrustables are a snack credit at the food court?

If so, I think these make a great breakfast!

That's so funny you guys talk about being the last bus stop.
I haven't even stayed at Pop and I already know it's the farthest bus stop. We usually stay at FW, and when making the hike "all the way out" to our bus stop at the parks we always noticed that the only one left after us was Pop.

Meh. At least I get to walk off those funnel cakes and turkey legs I spend the day eating...:rotfl:

We had been discussing organization in the room a few pages earlier and I told about the set I ordered from Wal-Mart and here is a pic of it in the closet -

IMG_6768.jpg

I thought it worked out very well. You can see the pop-up hamper is there behind the counter. We put our big suitcases on the floor between the dresser and short closet wall, but I think we could have put them up on the closet shelf, we just never got around to it, and they weren't in the way where they were.

We had a very good trip. The usual load toilet flushing, and some loud door shutting from time to time, but nothing that ever woke us or kept us from sleep. Also, a lot of school groups seemed to come in on Friday, out last night, but didn't seem to be in our section. Some of them were practicing band instruments in public places, which could be annoying . . .

I also think the bathrooms in the rooms could use some TLC.

We had a great Mouse Keeper who gave us extra soap, shampoo, towels and cups. Very sweet.

All in all, another great stay at Pop! My boys, 6 & 3, loved the giant Tramp & Lady in our section.

Hi onescgirl!! Well, that really hard to stay definitively. You have 2 children from your signature ... do they like one theming over another??

The 50s and 60s are popular ... the 60s feature the main pool and are situated straight out from Classic Hall. The 50s area has lady & tramp and the bowling pin pool, which tends to be quieter than than main pool.

If you have a booking category other than standard that will narrow the field down slightly as pref and the pool view categories are specific to certain areas.

But, overall, POP is compact and the walking issue is not a huge factor for most. Of course do not know if that even matters to you!

But, are you looking for the next trip?? Or considering switching to POP?? You are at FQ at the moment?? :)

Yes, today I started thinking about switching resorts but I feel like I'm pressed for time to do Pop research. I want cute theming for kids.

We are super excited about our upcoming trip Aug 26-31, I talked to rep today about the poss. of switching to AOA but it was way too much more, I also asked about the bus because for us too I was choosing POP for the bus situation. Last time we stayed at All Star Movies and it was bad! Never again, not only for the buses but the resort was dirty, talk to manager and basically did nothing for us. So back to POP to stay, unless I hit the Mega Millions tonight then I will switch to the Poly, LOL.:rotfl2: Thanks for everyone's great tips and insight. You all ROCK!

I'm a bit high maintenance when it comes to pillows. I usually need one between my knees, one under my head, and one over my head - possibly more if the pillows are really soft and squishy. Has anyone ever requested extra pillows in their Pop room? And how are the pillows in general? We're driving, so I can bring one of my own if I need to. But we're already bringing so much stuff!

Is anybody else having a crappy Monday. I sure wish it was August and I was checking into Pop for a week of relaxation, well as much relaxation as I can get with 4 teenage girls, two 17 year olds, one 16 year old, and one 15 year old, lol. COME ON AUGUST!

Wow, will you really be able to relax having that many teenage girls with you :lmao: I'm with you on August - hurry Aug! We're going to celebrate DS's sweet 16, my bday & DH&I's wedding anniversary :woohoo: we be loving our month of August :dance3:

Wow, will you really be able to relax having that many teenage girls with you :lmao: I'm with you on August - hurry Aug! We're going to celebrate DS's sweet 16, my bday & DH&I's wedding anniversary :woohoo: we be loving our month of August :dance3:

You bet. I will just shoo the girls away. They're old enough and this is our 4th year in a row so they know their way around pretty well AND I have my own room ;)

I'm a bit high maintenance when it comes to pillows. I usually need one between my knees, one under my head, and one over my head - possibly more if the pillows are really soft and squishy. Has anyone ever requested extra pillows in their Pop room? And how are the pillows in general? We're driving, so I can bring one of my own if I need to. But we're already bringing so much stuff!

Were I driving, I'd bring my own pillow with a brightly colored pillowcase. That being said, I thought the pillows were fine and we had plenty. Pillows on the bed as well as in the closet in all of our experiences there (6 stays at Pop). You can, however, request more pillows. My brother's family needed more a couple of years ago and housekeeping brought them promptly. No problem.

I'm a pillow nut too and I usually just bring my own. Glad to know I'm not alone in the world! :thumbsup2

We are super excited about our upcoming trip Aug 26-31, I talked to rep today about the poss. of switching to AOA but it was way too much more, I also asked about the bus because for us too I was choosing POP for the bus situation. Last time we stayed at All Star Movies and it was bad! Never again, not only for the buses but the resort was dirty, talk to manager and basically did nothing for us. So back to POP to stay, unless I hit the Mega Millions tonight then I will switch to the Poly, LOL.:rotfl2: Thanks for everyone's great tips and insight. You all ROCK!

:yay: for you upcoming trip!! We will just miss you ... leaving on 8/25. :sad2:

POP has never disappointed us; and we expect to have another great stay this August.:thumbsup2

Like Sandi we have had no issues with the pillows and did need to request some extras a few years back with 4 of us in the room (everyone likes to sleep with extra pillows!) Housekeeping has always been responsive to our requests. :goodvibes

That being said, I would pack my favorite pillow! Someone can use it on the drive. :)

And RalphinSC ... you are not a nut! :) if I could I would bring a pillow (but flying leaves out a lot of stuff). :)

We are checking in on the 25th and staying through the 1st! I'm super excited already too! We stayed at the Poly 2 years ago. It was nice and we thought we were going to have a hard time staying at Pop last year, but my kids LOVED it even more than the Poly. I gave them a choice again this year, and they picked Pop. They don't even want to try AOA. For some reason, they have it in their heads that it's going to be crowded because it is new and also because most of the rooms are suites, which could lead to more people depending on how many people are in each suites. Smart kids!! I myself think it's going to be very crowded until the newness wears off!

See you in August!!!!

We are checking in on the 25th and staying through the 1st! I'm super excited already too! We stayed at the Poly 2 years ago. It was nice and we thought we were going to have a hard time staying at Pop last year, but my kids LOVED it even more than the Poly. I gave them a choice again this year, and they picked Pop. They don't even want to try AOA. For some reason, they have it in their heads that it's going to be crowded because it is new and also because most of the rooms are suites, which could lead to more people depending on how many people are in each suites. Smart kids!! I myself think it's going to be very crowded until the newness wears off!

See you in August!!!!

Stacy ... your dates were our original dates until my niece and grand niece were coming along and we needed to switch to the week before as my niece's school district begins before labor day. Luckily I was holding the BB from last year that allowed FD beginning 8/18.

And re AoA ... we feel the same way. It will be nice to walk over in August just to check out the resort. :goodvibes

See you in August!!!!

We will be there the same time 8/24 to 9/3. We may have to get a dis meet going for that time.:cool1:

We will be there the same time 8/24 to 9/3. We may have to get a dis meet going for that time.:cool1:

Definitely you guys should!!

And Kelly ... since you are arriving 8/24, we are there until mid day on 8/25 ... maybe we could meet in the Food Court that AM to say hi??? :goodvibes

That's so funny you guys talk about being the last bus stop.
I haven't even stayed at Pop and I already know it's the farthest bus stop. We usually stay at FW, and when making the hike "all the way out" to our bus stop at the parks we always noticed that the only one left after us was Pop.

The Pop bus stop at DHS used to be one of the best :)...then they moved it to one of the ends :worried:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter