POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love walking past Lady and Tramp - maybe you can watch the DVD before your POP stay! Oh, and so many other fun kid friendly things about POP - kind of like it was made just for munchkins!!:cool1: We're all kids at heart anyway.:dance3:
We can watch it in the car on the way :love:

We LOVE having you here too ... tell HRH we aim to please!!

We're dreaming of May too!! (and enjoying our diet coke) :cool1:
:goodvibes

POP is such a fun resort!
My DH said he wants a pool view...now I'm thinking of ch-ch-changing our view......I can't wait for our first POP stay :banana:

Just curious. The last thing I knew was that the water spouts was being fixed and I thought I read something on the Hippy Dippy Pool. Anyone that just came back 0 did you see anything under construction? I also assume the walk way over the Hourglass lake is still closed. I wonder when that will open?:surfweb:

We can watch it in the car on the way :love:

:goodvibes

My DH said he wants a pool view...now I'm thinking of ch-ch-changing our view......I can't wait for our first POP stay :banana:

pas so you're still at POP??? :confused3 When I was there I had a standard pool view, bldg 9 room 9170. At first I was disappointed because I didn't look directly out to the pool .... sort of a sideways view but I actually ended up happy with my room. I was very close to where the table and chairs were and I found that since I didn't have a balcony I used this area a lot .... eating, reading and relaxing .... remember this part of my trip was solo so lot of down time. Something tells me that with your kiddos there won't be a lot of relaxing going on!!! :rotfl2: Another advantage was a quick walk to the bus stop and I really didn't mind the walk to Classic Hall .... not bad at all.

I did not notice anything under construction, but I didn't go towards the 80's-90's end of things. We swam in bowling pin pool and the hippy dippy pool this past Saturday and didn't notice a thing! All the flower sprayers were spraying.

pas so you're still at POP??? :confused3 When I was there I had a standard pool view, bldg 9 room 9170. At first I was disappointed because I didn't look directly out to the pool .... sort of a sideways view but I actually ended up happy with my room. I was very close to where the table and chairs were and I found that since I didn't have a balcony I used this area a lot .... eating, reading and relaxing .... remember this part of my trip was solo so lot of down time. Something tells me that with your kiddos there won't be a lot of relaxing going on!!! :rotfl2: Another advantage was a quick walk to the bus stop and I really didn't mind the walk to Classic Hall .... not bad at all.

We are still at Pop :goodvibes So far we are split with BWI. I have went from Preferred Pool to preferred room.Then DH mentioned he WANTED a pool view :confused3 So if I switch to pool view I get a refund. I never stayed at Pop, but when we were ASMo we were as far as you could get from the main bldg...but close to our car, and the walk wasn't bad at all....:hippie:

So, we're leaving in less than 3 months and I have to get on the ball planning! I wanted to bring some juice boxes and snacks for the boys with us to save a little money but I'm not sure what's better - bringing our own in our suitcases or ordering from somewhere and having it all delivered to POP. If we do order, where should we order from?

Thanks!!!

From a different perspective, I'm not ordering anything, just mailing it ahead of time. Here's what I am doing: We will be at Pop in 5 days :woohoo: and to save some money on baggage (we're flying Delta and it's $25 first check in bag and $35 for the second :headache:), we have just mailed out a big box today filled with extra diapers, Capri Sun juice bags (I thought these would weigh a little less than juice boxes), individual milk boxes (the Horizon organic brand that doesn't need refrigeration), snacks, extra clothes, flip flops, you name it, it's in there, lol. It weighed about 25 pounds and cost $26 to ship! According to UPS, it will get there in 3 days and arrive Friday which is only 2 days earlier than our arrival day on Sunday.

Good luck!!

I am sooooooo thrilled to go! Actually, my DH is kinda meh on the whole thing (it'll be our 3rd trip together and 6th visit for me), and right now my 2.75 y/o son is more excited to see Ringling Brothers Circus tomorrow, but that's alright, because I'm excited enough for both of them combined :laughing:.

Edited to add: My DS just saw pics of Pop on the picture thread over my shoulder and proceeded to yell, "Yea! Disneyworld! Mickey Mouse House!" I think he's excited too! yay :)

Does anyone know if the Goofy Pop Jets are still under construction or not? If they are still working on it does it mean the kiddie pool area isn't available to play in?

Thanks! :)

Does anyone know if the Goofy Pop Jets are still under construction or not? If they are still working on it does it mean the kiddie pool area isn't available to play in?

The pop jets aren't near the kiddie pool. Last I heard they covered up the jets and they won't be coming back.

I read they were taking out the Pop jets completely, it has nothing to do with the kiddie pool. They were in a different location.

I was there last week and they are permanently gone now. The area where they were is paved over now with blue concrete and Goofy and the Red Corvette are back in place, but no jets at all there.

I have a question. We are going for a long weekend the weekend of March 31and staying at POP. It is going to be a surprise trip to celebrate my daughters 13th birthday. We usually stay at All Star Movies so I am excited to try something new. We are staying in a standard room but will be using the Food Court and Buses. What section should I request to be closer to Classic Hall?

I have a question. We are going for a long weekend the weekend of March 31and staying at POP. It is going to be a surprise trip to celebrate my daughters 13th birthday. We usually stay at All Star Movies so I am excited to try something new. We are staying in a standard room but will be using the Food Court and Buses. What section should I request to be closer to Classic Hall?

I stayed in Building 3 last week and it was only a minute walk from my room to Classic Hall. The 60s and 70s are close to both too.

OH NO! WHY would they close Goofy's jets at Pop??? are they going to add any other spray areas at POP?

There are still the flower sprayers in the Hippy Dippy Pools, but that's it.

Hi Kakiegirl! :goodvibes

Perhaps review the the 2012 map (also located on the first page of this FAQ thread for some guidance). We book standard, and we request a lake view in bldgs 3, 4, or 5. My DD is 13 as well, and we like the theming in these areas, and both areas have a pool. With Pop's half circular design, the rooms are not all that far away ... well to get back to your question:upsidedow, you might consider the 70s (has some very nice std rooms). We have stayed in the 60s .. bldg 4 & 5 ... and we love the area. The standard rooms are either lake view or courtyard, and close to Classic Hall/Busing. Bldg 9 (80s/90s area - the back part is quite close to busing.) Do you kids want to be close to a pool?? Maybe consider that too.

Happy planning! :goodvibes

Note: At check in, if a guest is unhappy with their room location, they can always asked to be moved and the CM will do their best to accomodate the request. :flower3:

OH NO! WHY would they close Goofy's jets at Pop??? are they going to add any other spray areas at POP?

The young kids really enjoyed them on a hot day!:surfweb:

Yes, it is a disapointment to see the Goofy Pop Jets close ... but, they were down quite a bit, so maybe that factored in Disney's decision.

I would love to see the addition of an interactive water area by the hippy dippy pool but for right now, it is just a rumor.

I have stayed there a few times and we always request the 50's section. It is super close to a walk way to the busses :) just stay away from the 90's section, some of it is really far away from the main part of the resort.

Linda ... interesting your room was on the other side of the icon away from the pool and it was considered pool view ... hmmm... we were thinking that the bldg "T" split would be the determination which rooms were marked for std pool view vs standard in the 80s/90s.

We are still at Pop :goodvibes So far we are split with BWI. I have went from Preferred Pool to preferred room.Then DH mentioned he WANTED a pool view :confused3 So if I switch to pool view I get a refund. I never stayed at Pop, but when we were ASMo we were as far as you could get from the main bldg...but close to our car, and the walk wasn't bad at all....:hippie:

Well Pas, know you are now at YC but still have POP in the picture. :banana: Standard pool view will be fine ... request 50s for the kids. :goodvibes The parking is close by too. :)

I have stayed there a few times and we always request the 50's section. It is super close to a walk way to the busses :) just stay away from the 90's section, some of it is really far away from the main part of the resort.

PewamoGirl: I respect your opinion and do agree that rooms in the 80s/90s section can be some of the furthest away from Classic Hall (bldg 7 comes to mind); however did want to note to Kakiegirl that there are some areas in the 50s too (bldg 2-back end) that are equally far from Classic Hall.

Bldg 9 in the 80s/90s is actually closer to busing than some areas in the 50s. Many people cut across the parking lot to the buses.

And worth repeating ... with Pop's compact circular layout around Classic hall, most rooms are not more than a 4-8 minute walk. :goodvibes

Will be at POP in 16 days!!! I'm sooo excited!!

Hoping we will all be healthy then... two of the four of us have been hit with a virus :sick:

Hoping the everyone gets healthy before the trip. :goodvibes And :banana: for 16 days!!

Staying at pop in Sept, time can't fly quick enough!

My view on late summer/early fall trips is they seem to sneak up fast ... with school ending and enjoying summer .. it doesn't take long until we are packing the bags. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter