POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and I are headed to POP on June 4th. We've never stayed there before, but he chose it for his birthday trip. We are super excited!!

:woohoo: You will have so much fun!!

Super excited 8 more days and ill be at POP!!!! :banana::yay:

:cool1: 7 more sleeps!

Thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement. I wanted to report that DS is now super excited about staying at pop- he's been looking at pics, was especially entranced by tie die cheesecake, and is thrilled that we are going to be right by the pool! Now we just have to wait for June 2nd:cool1:

:yay: Did you request a room location?
Okay, I probably have a dumb question, but need to ask anyway. Does anyone know if your check in time has anything to do with which building you end up being in? We have always taken the first flight out and and have gotten down to Disney early, now we are considering taking a late flight, but didn't know if that would affect which building we got for our room. Thanks for any help.

Not a dumb question at all and it is asked all the time!:thumbsup2 The later in the day for check-in, then more rooms will already be assigned, so it can make a difference, especially if visiting during a busy season. Of course, you can always ask the CM to look for a room in the bldg you prefer - and definitely add the request to your reservation. Best not to use on line check-in. Hope you are in room just where you'd like to be. :goodvibes

21 days until our first trip to DIsney/Pop! We are SOOO excited! Not only are we going to get out of the cold and snow (hopefully), but our family will all be sharing in our first Disney experience! Can't wait to see the magic in my children's faces! :love:

:woohoo: Remember to ask for your "first visit" buttons at check in if the CM doesn't already do so. Have a fabulous time! :banana: Your kids must be soo excited!!

hi there i am staying at pop in august and would like to know what food company's Deliver into pop(i know pizza hut do)popcorn::

Not sure about prepared food companies ... if you are looking for groceries, many people order from Greengrocers.

Okay, I probably have a dumb question, but need to ask anyway. Does anyone know if your check in time has anything to do with which building you end up being in? We have always taken the first flight out and and have gotten down to Disney early, now we are considering taking a late flight, but didn't know if that would affect which building we got for our room. Thanks for any help.

Just to add to what Minnie&Nana comments ... if you are not happy with your room assignment / and the CM cannot move you, you have the option of asking at the front desk the next morning to be switched to a different room, as rooms open up on a daily basis. :goodvibes

hi there i am staying at pop in august and would like to know what food company's Deliver into pop(i know pizza hut do)popcorn::

You can ask at the front desk for menus from restaurants that deliver. I highly recommend Giordano's - it's seems a bit pricy, but even a small pizza will feed several people and it's delicious.

Not sure about prepared food companies ... if you are looking for groceries, many people order from Greengrocers.

I think you mean Gardengrocer. Wegoshop is another grocery delivery service.

thank you i will try giordanos is there any others.

You can ask at the front desk for menus from restaurants that deliver. I highly recommend giordanos it's seems a bit pricy, but even a small pizza will feed several people and it's delicious.

Hi my name is amy and I also wasnt planning on going this year but got the free dining pin! when will you be at pop? I am going june 17th!!!!

Thanks so much! I knew I had seen it somewhere! Looking forward to getting back to POP. We were not planning on going this year, but I got a pin for free dining, and couldn't pass it up! :cheer2:

Hi when are you going to be at pop? I am going to be there on june 17 for the free dining also. I wasnt planning on going this year until I got the pin. sorry for the double post but messed up and hit the wrong button lol.:cool1:

We checked in last weekend. Had an early flight and got to the hotel around 11:30 AM. Had originally requested the 60's building but facing the lake when did our original reservation by phone. I reiterated that with the online checkin a week before arrival. When we got there, our packet was ready and so was the room. However, it was facing the pool, not the lake. I was going to make an "issue" of it, but decided that because it wasn't really that busy and the pool wasn't going to be too busy at night, just to deal with it.

It was OK - there was only one night that I could hear kids running by the room (we were on the 3rd floor), but they quieted right down. There would be NO WAY that I would want to be that close to the main pool during the high season - LOL!

It was our first stay at Pop, and it was OK. It was just 2 of us, myself and DD age 22. Found the room small, but certainly OK for the 2 of us. Our Mousekeeper was terrific, of course, left her something each day! The security lock on our door was tough to open/close, and one day I thought we would have to call security to break us out! The only thing I really didn't care for was how far it was to get from the parking lot to the room with our luggage. Otherwise, it was a nice stay. Would I do Pop again? Probably not. I like the moderates and am convinced that next time, I am going to "bit the bullet" and go deluxe!:rotfl:

You can ask at the front desk for menus from restaurants that deliver. I highly recommend Giordano's - it's seems a bit pricy, but even a small pizza will feed several people and it's delicious.

I didn't know Giordano's would deliver there. Good to know, thanks :thumbsup2

Had originally requested the 60's building but facing the lake when did our original reservation by phone. I reiterated that with the online checkin a week before arrival.

When you say your reiterated your request with the online check-in, can you tell me more? Do you remember what within your online check-in you did to reiterate your request?

I ask because previously online check-in did not have any free-form request fields or anything like that, and based on your comment I'm wondering if the form has changed. Unfortunately I have no upcoming trip with which to test. :sad1:

Hi everyone!

I will be staying at Pop the week of 2/27 (35 days, I can't wait!), my boyfriend and I booked our trip through Travelocity, and I didn't see an option for room requests, but we would prefer a king bed. Would we be more likely to get this if we called before our trip? In going through the thread, I've seen various success rates in requesting that kind of stuff.=

For those who may have missed it on our first page or when we have posted it here, wanted to remind POPers that on line check-in, per Disney Resorts, is for guests who do not have specific room requests. On line check-in is meant to keep the process quick so when guests arrive at the resort their welcome packet will be ready.:thumbsup2

If a guest has room requests, Disney Resorts ask that we use regular check-in when arriving at the resort - these CM's will be best prepared to help find a room which meets those requests, when possible.:)

Hope this helps to clarify! :goodvibes

Hi everyone!

I will be staying at Pop the week of 2/27 (35 days, I can't wait!), my boyfriend and I booked our trip through Travelocity, and I didn't see an option for room requests, but we would prefer a king bed. Would we be more likely to get this if we called before our trip? In going through the thread, I've seen various success rates in requesting that kind of stuff.=

Hi, Steph! I would suggest calling the resort 10 days out to see if they can add it at that time, then do not use on line check-in - go to the regular check-in line and ask them if your request came through and if it was met...if not, ask if they might be able to find you an available king room. Also, if you are staying long enough and do not mind changing rooms, if they don't have a king available at check-in, ask if they will have one the next day - you could switch then as well.:thumbsup2

Happy planning and have a great trip!! :goodvibes

Alesia ... thank you!! Yes, I meant Gardengrocer. :goodvibes

Thank you also for the helpful info about asking for menus at the front desk. Must be the Monday doldrums affecting my thinking today!

We checked in last weekend. Had an early flight and got to the hotel around 11:30 AM. Had originally requested the 60's building but facing the lake when did our original reservation by phone. I reiterated that with the online checkin a week before arrival. When we got there, our packet was ready and so was the room. However, it was facing the pool, not the lake. I was going to make an "issue" of it, but decided that because it wasn't really that busy and the pool wasn't going to be too busy at night, just to deal with it.

It was OK - there was only one night that I could hear kids running by the room (we were on the 3rd floor), but they quieted right down. There would be NO WAY that I would want to be that close to the main pool during the high season - LOL!

It was our first stay at Pop, and it was OK. It was just 2 of us, myself and DD age 22. Found the room small, but certainly OK for the 2 of us. Our Mousekeeper was terrific, of course, left her something each day! The security lock on our door was tough to open/close, and one day I thought we would have to call security to break us out! The only thing I really didn't care for was how far it was to get from the parking lot to the room with our luggage. Otherwise, it was a nice stay. Would I do Pop again? Probably not. I like the moderates and am convinced that next time, I am going to "bit the bullet" and go deluxe!:rotfl:

Welcome back! Glad that you gave Pop a try ... curious, you say you requested a lakeview room ... but what booking category did you make? I say that because in the 60s area, facing the pool is considered a preferred pool view booking category. Either you paid for standard and were upgraded or you booked pref pool view and in that case would receive a room facing the pool even if you requested a lake view.

Yes, the main pool is definitely where the action can be! Good for you that it was a slower time and that this didn't matter as much. :)

We will be at Pop Century Feb 4th, any chance we will be able to watch the Superbowl at Pop Century??? Do they have a tv at Petals Bar by the pool??
Or do I have to make other plans and find somewhere else to watch the game?? Do any of the value resorts show the game, All Star Sports or Music??? Thanks for any help.

Hi, Steph! I would suggest calling the resort 10 days out to see if they can add it at that time, then do not use on line check-in - go to the regular check-in line and ask them if your request came through and if it was met...if not, ask if they might be able to find you an available king room. Also, if you are staying long enough and do not mind changing rooms, if they don't have a king available at check-in, ask if they will have one the next day - you could switch then as well.:thumbsup2

Happy planning and have a great trip!! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for your help Christine! I will be sure to set up a reminder alarm to give them a call. No matter how many beds, I'm sure I'll have a great time! I just wish it would get here already. :yay:

For those who have participated in a fridge swap and needed to pick it up from baggage services, how much do you usually tip them to deliver it to your room and pick it up when you are done?

We are in Building 5 and our Room Number is 516x (I left the last number off since we don't leave until Sunday). Originally we were supposed to be in the same general end of building 5 on the 2nd floor. I like being close to the busses and the FooD Court to get the most out of our refillable mugs! It truly has been a Magical Stay so far. I will do at least a mini trip report when I get back. FYI---even this week the Food Court has been a Zoo anytime after 7:30 in the morning or after 7pm in the evening! We either hit it before these times. It seems as though they shut down two of the four drink stations by 8pm! Crazy! Then they run out of ice. We are on a break from the parks right now and they are doing games by the pool (although it is a chilly 65 degrees). They are showing Toy Story 3 as the movie tonight!

We were in Building 5 also during our stay wonder if we saw you and didn't know it! (we were there 1/12-1/21/12) We were on the fourth floor and our room was right about the kiddie pool. I booked preferred and not preferred pool view. I am not sure if it truly was just a preferred room or a preferred pool view cause they ended up giving us another room. I had book two connecting rooms with 4 people in one and 3 in the other. I was so happy when we got there and found out that we did have connecting rooms but when we walked into the rooms found out one of the rooms had a king bed which didn't work for our group. So we had to go back to the front desk and they gave us the new room assignment. This time we had to wait as the rooms weren't ready yet. But was very happy with the location (close to the elavator for the stroller) and view when we where able to get in our rooms :)

Another wonderful trip to POP. Gosh I really do love that place! :love:

Yes, we kind of like the place too. :goodvibes Glad you had another great stay!

We were in Building 5 also during our stay wonder if we saw you and didn't know it! (we were there 1/12-1/21/12) We were on the fourth floor and our room was right about the kiddie pool. I booked preferred and not preferred pool view. I am not sure if it truly was just a preferred room or a preferred pool view cause they ended up giving us another room. I had book two connecting rooms with 4 people in one and 3 in the other. I was so happy when we got there and found out that we did have connecting rooms but when we walked into the rooms found out one of the rooms had a king bed which didn't work for our group. So we had to go back to the front desk and they gave us the new room assignment. This time we had to wait as the rooms weren't ready yet. But was very happy with the location (close to the elavator for the stroller) and view when we where able to get in our rooms :)

Glad you had a nice stay and liked your room. :) We have assumed that the 60s rooms in bldgs 4 & 5 facing the pool from the middle where the elevator is to the end by the hippy dippy pool for each bldg are considered the pref pool view rooms. Rooms from the middle to the end nearest the lake (and facing the kiddie pool) are considered preferred. So if that holds true you were very close to the pref pool section without paying for it. :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter