• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming you are looking for a standard room (POP added 2 new categories for 2012 ... std pool view and preferred pool view). Will you have a car and/or moving your own luggage? Bldg 1 (50s) is close and have std rooms facing the parking lot, also bldg 9 is a good fit for parking lot access and Classic Hall.

We do have a standard room booked. No car this trip. Normally I'd be bummed, but it's just my BF and I so we will manage more easily without one. We will be having Pop transfer our luggage over for us and we are hopping the bus to the MK bright and early. :) Thanks!

24 more days till we are HOME:woohoo:!! First trip with our BFF's. Just 2 moms, 2 12yo DD's :banana::banana:, and 3 8yoDD's :dance3:. Gonna be one giggly 6 days :upsidedow!!

Same for us! 23 days now, going with our BFF's and their 2 daughters! Cannot wait!!

Some people will disagree, but I think paying for a preferred room is a waste of money. The resort is pretty small and nothing is more than a 5 minute walk from classic hall.

I agree..

23 days for us! I get so torn as we closer - online check in or not? Request a certain section, or not? Etc. etc. etc.

Still haven't received Mickey Mail or our DME stuff. Working with my DU agent to get it sent but I have to admit....I am panicking a bit :(

Hi all, I've never stayed at pop before, but with the new 25%ap discount for June and no discount at POFQ our previous resort, I just couldn't justify the price difference with my very on the go son. Right now he's disappointed in the switch because we always stay at mods and he loves the water slides- can anyone help me get him psyched about PoP? For me, excited about an extra $800 in my pocket and a queue system for the busses. Also I booked preffered so easy access to mug refills is a plus. He's not mean about it, and He's thrilled about going and SWW, and grateful for the solo time with mom, but he'll be turning 10 this trip and I want him to be happy, not disappointed with our resort choice.

Sounds like you will be on the go and in the parks a lot. (Congrats on saving $800, that is a nice chunk of change!). Is it possible to use some of this savings to go to a water park one day?? That might help him not miss having a slide at the resort. Maybe splurge on a special dinner of his choice?? You know he may really like the fun and energy of POP ... there are plenty of games poolside and movies at night. Take time to walk around, play a game of twister and look at the shadow boxes in the lobby. He can find out what fads and things that Mom and Dad used to have when they were a kid. :goodvibes

Have a great time!! :cool1:

We've got 17 days to go!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, we had a POP CENTURY Party! Here's a link to the pics on my PTR if anyone is interested:

Pop Century Party

You are sooo creative! Loved all the decorations ... your Mickey pizza, all the extra touches you do! The scrapbooks and autograph books look terrific~

I am having an awesome time reading this thread, and I have to say it is really making me want to pick Pop next time. Ft. W is another one high on the list but the distance seems like it might be a bit much while we still have little ones (2 and 4) and the lack of a regular food court.. so the fact that everything seems to be pretty close here and the food court everyone keeps raving about is really making me thing next trip will be our first Pop trip! Thanks for the two hosts for this awesome thread :thumbsup2

UndercoverMama: Thanks for the kind words about the POP thread. :flower3: We worked to bring out the energy, fun and vibe of this resort!! :goodvibes

Assuming you are looking for a standard room (POP added 2 new categories for 2012 ... std pool view and preferred pool view). Will you have a car and/or moving your own luggage? Bldg 1 (50s) is close and have std rooms facing the parking lot, also bldg 9 is a good fit for parking lot access and Classic Hall.

Yes they do.

We like the 50s too :goodvibes The 80s/90s section offers standard and standard pool view rooms. And, don't worry, we ALL start planning the next trip before beginning a trip!! :goodvibes
Thank you!

Thank you :)

I should qualify that the 60 to 90 minutes is from stepping off the plane, not landing. And, now that I think about it, since you'll need to collect your own luggage, you may want to add another 30 minutes to the estimate.

23 days for us! I get so torn as we closer - online check in or not? Request a certain section, or not? Etc. etc. etc.

Still haven't received Mickey Mail or our DME stuff. Working with my DU agent to get it sent but I have to admit....I am panicking a bit :(

For us since we like lake view, 4th floor, we always put in a request (we book standard). It doesn't mean our requests will get honored (but has except for one stay on the 2nd floor) but we like knowing that we did. :goodvibes

Here's hoping for your Mickey Mail soon!!! :banana:

8 months before i go hate the waiting even when i know it will be a hectic summer at work

It may seem far away but it really isn't (esp. with summer before your trip!). Since I have a child still in school, I find the school year flys by and the summer even more so!! :goodvibes Just think of all the planning you can do beforehand. You have to travel a long way .... how long is the land portion of your Trip?? :)

Help!! I don't even know where to begin!

We plan to stay at Pop in August. It will be my DH, DD6 and DD2. So, strollers will be involved. We drive down and do not travely lightly! We don't mind having to lug the luggage a bit (OK, I speak for my DH...ha!). We usually drive to the parks more than using the buses. We plan to do pool time each day since it's August and will go to the foodcourt (I like to go each morning to fill my mug!). I don't mind a walk in the morning to get there -- I like the peace! And we will likely eat there a meal or two.

I plan to book standard room (still hoping to get a code soon), but it's $100 more for a preferred room and I would do that if it makes a difference.

Any recs??

Help!! I don't even know where to begin!

We plan to stay at Pop in August. It will be my DH, DD6 and DD2. So, strollers will be involved. We drive down and do not travely lightly! We don't mind having to lug the luggage a bit (OK, I speak for my DH...ha!). We usually drive to the parks more than using the buses. We plan to do pool time each day since it's August and will go to the foodcourt (I like to go each morning to fill my mug!). I don't mind a walk in the morning to get there -- I like the peace! And we will likely eat there a meal or two.

I plan to book standard room (still hoping to get a code soon), but it's $100 more for a preferred room and I would do that if it makes a difference.

Any recs??

All things considered I would request Building 1 (Lady bldg 50s). It's close to parking, close to a pool and close to the food court but not too close. The only problem with that location is you have to walk past a DSA to get to the food court. If you're booking a Standard room you'll be on the parking lot side.

A while back someone asked about a map for preferred vs. preferred pool view.

This is the best info I have on this to date.. Happy to update this if this isn't reflecting reality.

Yellow indicates lanes of 'preferred' rooms. Green indicates 'preferred pool view'.

PopCenturyRoomsPref-1.jpg

Any thoughts on vegetarian and/or vegan items at the food court (besides the obvious :) )? Thanks!

All things considered I would request Building 1 (Lady bldg 50s). It's close to parking, close to a pool and close to the food court but not too close. The only problem with that location is you have to walk past a DSA to get to the food court. If you're booking a Standard room you'll be on the parking lot side.

What is DSA?

What is DSA?

DSA = designated smoking area. It's to the left of the giant Pop sign on the back side of Classic Hall.

From building 1 you can also take a left and go around luggage services and enter Classic Hall from the front, and then continue to the food court. Sometimes I'll go that way for an alternate route and to see what's going on at the front desk.

Taking that left from building 1 is also a good route to get to the buses.

Any thoughts on vegetarian and/or vegan items at the food court (besides the obvious :) )? Thanks!

The hummus and pita chips are pretty good, though the sun dried tomato hummus at the Mara at AKL is way better. The greek salad is very good too. The green beans served at dinner time are always tasty. I don't really care for the veggie lo mein, but they do have it.

DSA = designated smoking area. It's to the left of the giant Pop sign on the back side of Classic Hall.

From building 1 you can also take a left and go around luggage services and enter Classic Hall from the front, and then continue to the food court. Sometimes I'll go that way for an alternate route and to see what's going on at the front desk.

Taking that left from building 1 is also a good route to get to the buses.

Thanks may have to rethink requesting that building.

This is the best info I have on this to date.. Happy to update this if this isn't reflecting reality.

Yellow indicates lanes of 'preferred' rooms. Green indicates 'preferred pool view'.

PopCenturyRoomsPref-1.jpg

Thank you, this is awesome!!!

I should qualify that the 60 to 90 minutes is from stepping off the plane, not landing. And, now that I think about it, since you'll need to collect your own luggage, you may want to add another 30 minutes to the estimate.

Yes, I figured that about the timing. We don't need to collect our own luggage as we are using the Magical Express and letting them to deliver our luggage.

Thank you, this is awesome!!!

Thanks for getting back to me, CanadianGuy! We do have a link to an updated map on the first page of the FAQs thread, but appreciate your remembering I had asked about one a while back!:flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter