POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what the best way to do a room request would be. Ideally we would love to be in the 60's rooms but on the bottom floor since my grandma is going with us. Is is better to go ahead and early check in with those requests or should I call and add them? We didn't do any requests last time we went so I don't what the best way to do it is. Thanks!!

It's better to call and add them, but also don't be surprised if your requests aren't honored with your room assignment. Whether you use online check-in or not, you can discuss the room assignment at the check-in desk at Pop when you arrive.

It's better to call and add them, but also don't be surprised if your requests aren't honored with your room assignment. Whether you use online check-in or not, you can discuss the room assignment at the check-in desk at Pop when you arrive.

Okay thanks, I'll give them a call and keep my fingers crossed!

Christine when I go next month I will ask my CM friend Elise if the rumor is true !! She tipped me OFF about Animation a good 18 months befoe they announced it !!!Sooo she may have something on the fridges at POP!!!!

Counting on you, Rosie!!!:thumbsup2

I am pretty sure that Pool View Standard is a new booking option for 2012 as I was charged the extra $5.00 per night when I upgraded from just Standard. Also, I found the booking option explained when you go onto the Disney website under POP rooms so I do not think it is just a request but we will find out when we check in March 2012.

I think you are correct too. The 2012 listings on Pop Century's Rates & Room Types page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/rates-rooms/) lists four room types - standard, preferred, pool view, and preferred pool view.

But using the disneyworld.com online booking system, the fourth pool view choice does not seem to be listed yet. This would not be the first time their online system was missing something. :goodvibes

So far on the travel agent site, it doesn't show the 4th catagory. I would think it would be on there if it was..they just updated the site a few weeks ago. But that part is a seperate part of the site, so maybe not. So far it only shows standard, Preferred and preferred pool.

Just to reiterate … in Post #1 of the FAQ thread, we have noted the booking category options for 2012 -- which include: Standard, Standard Pool View, Preferred and Preferred Pool View, and have noted the discrepancy between the online booking system and telephone reservations in regards to booking a Standard Pool View.

Standard pool view IS a bookable category, but only on the phone with WDW Resort Reservations. We have reported the issue to Disney online tech and guest services (phone) a few times in various ways, so hopefully it will be cleared up soon.:thumbsup2

The CM we spoke with at WDW REsort Reservations assured us it is indeed a booking category for next year.:sad2:

We do our very best to keep the most up to date information available - please remember to check the first page. Thanks much! :)

Minnie&Nana & Janet B

Hi everyone! :)

Guess I was posting the same time as Christine on the topic of the Standard Pool View for next year, so she said it all!

We are checking in for our first stay at Pop in 10 days. :cool1: I'm wondering what the best way to do a room request would be. Ideally we would love to be in the 60's rooms but on the bottom floor since my grandma is going with us. Is is better to go ahead and early check in with those requests or should I call and add them? We didn't do any requests last time we went so I don't what the best way to do it is. Thanks!!

i had good exprience with the Pop and room requests. i wanted a ground level 50's building and perrferred... they honored every bit of it.. but sometimes with bookings they just cant.. but it never hurts to ask. i did it when i called in about something else.. they can put it in the computer right then and there..

We are checking in for our first stay at Pop in 10 days. :cool1: I'm wondering what the best way to do a room request would be. Ideally we would love to be in the 60's rooms but on the bottom floor since my grandma is going with us. Is is better to go ahead and early check in with those requests or should I call and add them? We didn't do any requests last time we went so I don't what the best way to do it is. Thanks!!

:wave: If you booked a std room location there are still lots of possibilities of 1st floor 60's rooms which are still close to the food court, bus etc. ( might want to check out the map we have on the first page).

As other posters have suggested, please talk with the CM at check in and let them know why the location would be helpful - if POP is not sold out they will do their best to find the right room...if the CM is not helpful, nicely ask for s front desk supervisor or manager and explain the situation. :thumbsup2

Does your grandmother have a medical reason for needing a first floor room? POP does have easy access elevators, so stairs would not be an issue. 4th floor rooms tend to be the quietest because there is no one above you - which might be nice for your grandmother.

If your grandma does have any medical need, please be sure to call the reservations number and ask them to add special needs medical to your reservation - if they give you a hard time or say it cannot be done, please PM me and I will give you a direct number.:goodvibes

Have a wonderful trip!!!:goodvibes

I am so excited to have found this thread. We just booked Pop Century for our January trip. We will be there from 1/25-1/28 and this is our first time staying here. The kids don't know, but DH and I are excited to try it out. Our original plans was to go on our 7 night non-Disney cruise and then stay 3 nights at BCV (we are DVC members), but DH and I decided that we wanted to spend a few more nights in Disney so we decided that we wanted to book at Pop :goodvibes. I have read so many wonderful reports on Disers loving it there....I can't wait to try it out ourselves :banana:. One question I do have is, we paid for a preferred room, where exactly are these rooms? I know they will be close to the main building and bus stops, but what section are they at? And what is everyone's preferred location to be at...if I was to call and request an area, where would that be? Thanks for any info anyone can give me.

I am guessing if you requested standard pool view as opposed to preferred pool view , the pool would be the computor pool , whilst the preferred pool would be the bowling pin or the Hippy Hoppy . Now if you booked preferred I assume they would be the 70's(preferred locatoions ) also teh 60's and 50's

I am guessing if you requested standard pool view as opposed to preferred pool view , the pool would be the computor pool , whilst the preferred pool would be the bowling pin or the Hippy Hoppy . Now if you booked preferred I assume they would be the 70's(preferred locatoions ) also teh 60's and 50's

Thank you for the quick response :goodvibes. I booked the Preferred Pool View, I was unaware there was such a booking category until now (just read up on that). The 50's and 60's sections is what I was most interested in in the first place. Thanks again, that really helped me out a lot :thumbsup2

We have allotted 2 driving days to get to WDW next month, but may be able to make it in 1. (2 year old and a 12 hour drive) Our check in date is the 2nd driving day, so if we arrive early we will be staying off site and spending that day at Downtown Disney. How soon could we check in to our room at Pop? Should I call and let them know we would like an early check-in? I would like to check out of the offsite and go straight to Pop, if possible to prevent us from having to keep all our stuff in the car while we shop.

We have allotted 2 driving days to get to WDW next month, but may be able to make it in 1. (2 year old and a 12 hour drive) Our check in date is the 2nd driving day, so if we arrive early we will be staying off site and spending that day at Downtown Disney. How soon could we check in to our room at Pop? Should I call and let them know we would like an early check-in? I would like to check out of the offsite and go straight to Pop, if possible to prevent us from having to keep all our stuff in the car while we shop.

Pop will hold your bags for you if your room isn't ready. I would head over to Pop after checking out of the other motel/hotel. Pop can call your cell when the room is ready, if it's not ready when you arrive.

Thank you for the quick response :goodvibes. I booked the Preferred Pool View, I was unaware there was such a booking category until now (just read up on that). The 50's and 60's sections is what I was most interested in in the first place. Thanks again, that really helped me out a lot :thumbsup2

Just to wanted to add ... by booking Preferred Pool View, you will be put in the 60s section, in the area that overlooks (and borders) the main pool. It is our understanding that the 50s section will have rooms in the other 3 categories.

So, all is well! You will be in an area that you are most interested in. Have a wonderful time!

One more wake up!!!! I'm so excited, I can't stand it :upsidedow

:banana::banana: Have a great time!!

Can't stop reading this page before we leave :) its addictive!

Just noticed how close your trip is :woohoo: One of these days I will get back for F&W and MNSSHP myself. Wow - just realized that next year my DS could join me in a drink at F&W :eek: Now THAT will be weird!

Have a fabulous time!

Hey, Rosie! Most 50's rooms with a direct pool view are standard rooms, so those will be considered standard pool view rooms. Many of the 50's pref room are not over the pool, so until Disney releases a map of exact pref pool view rooms, we are not sure which of the 50's pref rooms on that side will be included.:thumbsup2

Of course, no one will know for sure until guests stay in those rooms and report back. Even at check-in CM's often get locations wrong!;) I do have a very good contact I can call, but waiting until January...maybe Elise will know or can find out for us when you are there in October?:goodvibes

One ,long, long year waiting and now it is finally here! Next Thursday we fly down and will be there in the morning!!! A quick check in at the On line check in counter and then off to Epcot!! I'm hoping we're at Epcot by 1pm but we'll see! Yayyyyy!!!!!!!:cool1::rotfl:

One ,long, long year waiting and now it is finally here! Next Thursday we fly down and will be there in the morning!!! A quick check in at the On line check in counter and then off to Epcot!! I'm hoping we're at Epcot by 1pm but we'll see! Yayyyyy!!!!!!!:cool1::rotfl:

Have a great trip. I have almost another year to wait to get back. If airfare wasn't so expensvie I would split the weeks up instead of going 2 weeks in a row. But that is what works to be the cheapest.

If you do on-line check in you actually indicate the approximate time you will be there to check in. I have read on many posts from POPers that have checked in as early as 8:30am and their room was ready. I believe that this is one of the perks of doing the on-line check in. If your room is not ready, they will take your luggage, provide you with your KTTW and you are welcome to use the bus service, go to a park, DTD or anything else that Disney has to offer. We were there in 2009 and got there about 10:30am, we were told our room was not quite ready, they asked for our cell # and gave us the option to receive a text when our room was ready!!! What a great idea! They explained that they would take our luggage and have it ready in our room when we get back; we went to the food court, had a quick bite to eat and jumped on a bus and headed over to enjoy EPCOT WS. We had just got on the bus and our text went off to tell us our room was ready. When we got back for the evening, we went to the front desk, got our room # and headed to our room to find our luggage waiting for us:thumbsup2

Soooo even if you check in early and your room is not quite ready, they will take your luggage, and get you on your way to enjoy the World:goodvibes

What time is your plane schedule to arrive??? We are trying to get an idea of our timing on when we can hopefully be at one of the parks. Our plane is scheduled to land at 11:50, check in at Disney counter and in line for ME by 12:30, ME ride to POP by 1:15, jump on a bus and arrive at the park between 2 - 2:30pm?????

Does that sound about right????

I still have 91 days before we check in at POP :goodvibes

Have a FANTABULOUS trip:yay:

Pop will hold your bags for you if your room isn't ready. I would head over to Pop after checking out of the other motel/hotel. Pop can call your cell when the room is ready, if it's not ready when you arrive.
We stayed Off site the first night and checked in before 11a.m. , room wasn't ready but left luggage at the luggae office with no problems . I am sure you could check in earlier . They had our rooms asigned and when you arrive they let housekeeping know so they will get to it as soon as possible !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter