POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this true about using 2 CS to get a pizza, 2 drinks and 2 desserts? I had never heard of this before now. I had heard of using TS for pizza delivery, but wanted to find out for sure. Thanks. :goodvibes

I am curious if you can bring glass bottles to the Petal's area. We are planning on bringing some beer with us and wondering if we can drink it out of the bottle or if we would have to transfer to a plastic cup? I can always bring plastic cups, I just want to be prepared if we need em. Also does Petals only sell the featured mixed drinks or does it sell other mixed drinks/beer/wine?

EDIT: Ok, so after actually clicking on the link to Petals (duh), I read that they do sell bottled beers so I guess it shouldn't be a problem. I wonder if we would need to transfer it to plastic if we are sitting by the actual pool. (not Hippy Dippy)

Is this true about using 2 CS to get a pizza, 2 drinks and 2 desserts? I had never heard of this before now. I had heard of using TS for pizza delivery, but wanted to find out for sure. Thanks. :goodvibes

Unless they got rid of it this year. It has been like this for a few years at least. As long as you pick it up at the food court it's CS.

If you can find a floor manager as them how you do it. I heard a chef tell a guest they need to pay for it first with the cashier and then bring the receipt up to the pizza area and they will make the pizza. I think this is still how they do it but I'm not positive.

I spent a lot of time at the pizza area when I took my oldest niece as she is lactose intollerant and loves pizza. So we had to wait for a chef each time.

:wave2: Christine and Janet!! I had no idea y'all were doing this until I was catching up on the RC thread....AWESOME!!! You two have done a great job:thumbsup2 I scanned the pictures really quick...now I've got to go back and read. We've never stayed at the Pop, but looks super kid friendly.

Nice job ladies!!!:goodvibes

Yes it is. We did it a couple of days ago. Order pizza get pager. When pager goes off get your pizza pick you desert and drinks. Go to cashier.

Question about the water. Is the hot water good? Will it last through 4 people each having a quick (5-10 minute) shower?

I am curious if you can bring glass bottles to the Petal's area. We are planning on bringing some beer with us and wondering if we can drink it out of the bottle or if we would have to transfer to a plastic cup? I can always bring plastic cups, I just want to be prepared if we need em. Also does Petals only sell the featured mixed drinks or does it sell other mixed drinks/beer/wine?

EDIT: Ok, so after actually clicking on the link to Petals (duh), I read that they do sell bottled beers so I guess it shouldn't be a problem. I wonder if we would need to transfer it to plastic if we are sitting by the actual pool. (not Hippy Dippy)

The bottles they sell are colored aluminum not glass. I do believe it is a law everywhere that you can not bring glass into a pool area. :thumbsup2

Sunshine Stations (refillable drinks - one of the few CS to do so)

I apologize for deviating from the main topic, but I asked in another thread if Sunshine Seasons had refillable drinks and others indicated no. What sorts of drinks have you found they refill? Is it just pop or others (juice etc)? Thanks!

What is the current sale item "with purchase"?
Last year we were able to get a really cute red rolling suitcase with small travel bag inside. That was handy for getting all our other purchases home.
Do they still have that or something similar for a reasonable cost?

Question about the water. Is the hot water good? Will it last through 4 people each having a quick (5-10 minute) shower?

We have never had issues with hot water and I would think 4 people taking along showers would have plenty of hot water.

We have never had issues with hot water and I would think 4 people taking along showers would have plenty of hot water.

Thanks. Usually my boys take pretty quick no nonsense showers lol And my daughter usually prefers a bath. So I run half the tub for her and then once she is out and in jammies I just add the rest of the half tub (nice and HOT) for me. But usually the HOT hot water is gone by then. lol I'm sure Disneys resorts have bigger hot water tanks than my house! :laughing:

Thanks. Usually my boys take pretty quick no nonsense showers lol And my daughter usually prefers a bath. So I run half the tub for her and then once she is out and in jammies I just add the rest of the half tub (nice and HOT) for me. But usually the HOT hot water is gone by then. lol I'm sure Disneys resorts have bigger hot water tanks than my house! :laughing:

Much bigger than in my house too. lol I have been at hotels where they do run out of hot water especially in the morning but have never had that issue at any time of day at a Disney resort. So no more half tubs for you. :thumbsup2

Much bigger than in my house too. lol I have been at hotels where they do run out of hot water especially in the morning but have never had that issue at any time of day at a Disney resort. So no more half tubs for you. :thumbsup2

lol Yay! Half tubs SUCK! Brrrrr! :laughing:

:wave2: Christine and Janet!! I had no idea y'all were doing this until I was catching up on the RC thread....AWESOME!!! You two have done a great job:thumbsup2 I scanned the pictures really quick...now I've got to go back and read. We've never stayed at the Pop, but looks super kid friendly.

:wave: Heather!!! Thanks so much for stopping by! Glad you like the thread - lots of work, but fun too.:thumbsup2

Thanks Heather - So glad you stopped by! Hope the school year is going well for you. I will catch up with you all on the RC thread. :goodvibes

I apologize for deviating from the main topic, but I asked in another thread if Sunshine Seasons had refillable drinks and others indicated no. What sorts of drinks have you found they refill? Is it just pop or others (juice etc)? Thanks!

It is basically the selection you would have at the resort refillable pop stations ....Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Vault, Sprite, Pink Lemonade, Fanta.

Janet and Christine, The new pop thead looks great.

Ang

Thanks Ang! It was a lot of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter