Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGREED!

We traveled to WDW and stayed at Pop in January on a package discount with the regular dining plan. It was our first time with FP+ and we do not usually get the DDP, so between making sure that we had all of our TS meals scheduled and FP+, I felt that this last trip was not as spontaneous nor satisfying as usual. I mean, I certainly had a great time (we were in Disney after all!), but I missed deciding the night before which park I wanted to go to and not having to worry about only little breaks of time. For example: "Okay, we've just used our Space Mountain FP+ and our 7DMT FP+ isn't for another hour and a half. What do you want to do?" Well, it was enough time to do something, but not enough time...at least that's how it felt.

We are fortunate to be traveling back to the World and to Pop in 23 days, and this time we are only scheduling three must do TS for us: Hoop Dee Doo for the first time ever, BOG for the husband's 40th birthday, and Via Napoli. Otherwise, we are looking forward to "winging it" with QS meals. We made FP+, but we are not even as concerned about those this trip. If we decide the night before that we want to change the park, we will just see what, if anything, is available!
We are there for 17 days during our package we have on 2 TS meals for our entire stay. Via Napoli and CP Breakfest. We do plan on doing Ohana Breakfest and T. Rex for dinner on our RO night. But we don't plan to do a park the second day of our RO. I just did my FP+ this am and so glad I didn't have to worry about ADR times. I do also have a bog lunch and Breakfest but those are early. I don't so much mind adr's on park days but we spend a lot of time at the WP and at the resort. So QSDP just works better.

I'm going to do my online check-in today. Do you really think it reduces much noise to be on the top floor? If it makes a big difference, I'll choose that! Please help me out - I have never been to POP!

I'm going to do my online check-in today. Do you really think it reduces much noise to be on the top floor? If it makes a big difference, I'll choose that! Please help me out - I have never been to POP!
Generally, I find top floor anywhere to be a bit more quiet.

Everyone has their preferences. One of the main reasons so many feel that the 4th floor is quieter is because you have no one above you. And some families try for the 4th floor since some of the rooms on the 4th floor in building 3 or 4 have a decent view of the fireworks. But you can always watch the fireworks from just about anywhere along the lake or on the bridge if you are back at the resort in time.

We have NEVER had a problem with noise on any floor in any building BUT we are normally only in our room to sleep (others may chime in with their thoughts). I will say that it did seem to be that our rooms in the 70's seemed to be the most quite, I would assume since there is no pool in that section. One of our rooms, building 2 in the 50's on the 2nd floor, faced the pool and we still didn't have any noise problems to speak of.

We have always requested 4th floor, 50's and we have always booked standard but out of our 8 previous trips, we have only been given the 4th floor twice. We have stayed on every floor and we have stayed in all 3 of the buildings in the 50's (building 2 and 3 twice each), building 5 in the 60's and both buildings in the 70's. So just remember, just because you request 4th floor, doesn't mean you will get it.

We had never had a ground floor room until this past September and I was kind of bumbed when I saw our room number after reading a lot of posts about ground floor critters but we LOVED the ground floor room so much that we are going to request one during on line check in for our trip in November!

I know that the room assigners try their best to meet your requests but sometimes it is just not possible so just don't have your heart set on a 4th floor if you make that one of your requests. I believe 4th floor, 50's or 60's is the most requested area for a standard room.

Enjoy the resort and don't forget to walk across the bridge and look around AoA! It is an amazing resort too!

Just booked our second ever stay at WDW and at POP for 1/20/16-1/28/16. I am a single mommy and me and my DD13 are SO excited!! We have missed our beloved POP. I asked her if she wanted me to try and save up to stay in a moderate and she looked at me like I was crazy! lol. We are planning on doing breakfasts in the room most mornings but a few of our dinners with be in the food court. I have signed up for the online subscription to touringplans and have searched the rooms till I found the one I want and set it up that they fax in my room request. Has anyone else done this? I booked a standard room and want 50's section, top floor, lake view. I love that the walk isn't to far to the main building and I just love having the water to look at. So peaceful! When we went in 2009 we had the same requests, and also a corner room, and it was lovely and quiet. Has anyone else ran into the bunny rabbits outside at night? Made me feel like Snow White!

Just got my ADRs booked today which means we are at the 180 day mark! :goodvibes Since we have been planning our dining and trying to start to formulate our touring plan, I was curious to know what breakfast selections are available at Everything POP between 6 and 6:30. I think I remember reading somewhere that the full breakfast service doesn't begin until 6:30?

I like just a light breakfast but some of us prefer a more hearty one. I remember years ago at the ASMu they had a delicious yogurt, granola, and berry parfait in their refrigerated cases. It was my go-to breakfast that trip! Do they have something similar at POP? Would love it if they do as it makes a great breakfast for the mornings we need an early start. :thumbsup2

We were also wondering what time the food court starts to become really packed in the mornings. We are hoping to be at the parks at rope drop most mornings which may be at 7 AM when they add holiday hours. But we may also have a couple of later starts depending on park hours.

TIA!

:flower1:

Just got my ADRs booked today which means we are at the 180 day mark! :goodvibes Since we have been planning our dining and trying to start to formulate our touring plan, I was curious to know what breakfast selections are available at Everything POP between 6 and 6:30. I think I remember reading somewhere that the full breakfast service doesn't begin until 6:30?

I like just a light breakfast but some of us prefer a more hearty one. I remember years ago at the ASMu they had a delicious yogurt, granola, and berry parfait in their refrigerated cases. It was my go-to breakfast that trip! Do they have something similar at POP? Would love it if they do as it makes a great breakfast for the mornings we need an early start. :thumbsup2

We were also wondering what time the food court starts to become really packed in the mornings. We are hoping to be at the parks at rope drop most mornings which may be at 7 AM when they add holiday hours. But we may also have a couple of later starts depending on park hours.

TIA!

:flower1:

WOO HOO! Next date is for FP+!!!
Here is POP's breakfast menu that may be helpful.
They do have a Create your own Yogurt parfait and it is delicious!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/pop-century-resort/everything-pop-dining/menus/

I do remember they opened at 6:30 but on this webpage, it shows the hours are 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM. DH and I normally go down when they open, have a light breakfast and then hit the bus for rope drop. The crowds are fine when they open, but by the time we are leaving to get to the bus it is packed, so I would say within the first 30 minutes of opening the crowds start coming in.

Hope this helps

WOO HOO! Next date is for FP+!!!
Here is POP's breakfast menu that may be helpful.
They do have a Create your own Yogurt parfait and it is delicious!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/pop-century-resort/everything-pop-dining/menus/

I do remember they opened at 6:30 but on this webpage, it shows the hours are 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM. DH and I normally go down when they open, have a light breakfast and then hit the bus for rope drop. The crowds are fine when they open, but by the time we are leaving to get to the bus it is packed, so I would say within the first 30 minutes of opening the crowds start coming in.

Hope this helps

Yes, that's extremely helpful! Thank you so much! Can't wait to try the create your own parfait!

I hope they are open at 6 AM during the holidays because we hope to be on our way to MK by 6:30. If not, we will try to grab something at the park.

Thanks again!

I booked our first trip on Monday, staying at Pop from 2/27 - 3/5/2016 (preferred room for 7 nights with 5 day park tickets and DDP) and I am SO super excited! When I looked in MDE and saw our reservation for the first time I told my DH "its finally REAL"!!!

I let my DS(4) pick his MDE character (he chose Dash) and his MB color (he close blue)!! Since he chose Dash, DH & I had to be Mr & Mrs Incredible! =)

I did call and make room requests yesterday (CM was so sweet &helpful) for a high floor in the 60's building. I decided to spend the extra $ for preferred to hopefully guarantee a short walk to Classic Hall, buses & parking lot.

What is the bus lines & schedules like at Pop? Does each park have their own line? Do the buses come like every 15 mins or on the hour? We are driving down, so I feel as if we will only bus it to MK, that may change depending on the crowds/lines for the buses.

I thought about bringing a coffee pot BUT would that be necessary since only my DH is a coffee drinker and we have refillable mugs? Could he not go to the food court and fill up his mug with coffee?

If we do online check in and get to the room and don't love the location - is it ok to go to the desk and request a change?

Last edited:
I booked our first trip on Monday, staying at Pop from 2/27 - 3/5/2016 (preferred room for 7 nights with 5 day park tickets and DDP) and I am SO super excited! When I looked in MDE and saw our reservation for the first time I told my DH "its finally REAL"!!!

I let my DS(4) pick his MDE character (he chose Dash) and his MB color (he close blue)!! Since he chose Dash, DH & I had to be Mr & Mrs Incredible! =)

I did call and make room requests yesterday (CM was so sweet &helpful) for a high floor in the 60's building. I decided to spend the extra $ for preferred to hopefully guarantee a short walk to Classic Hall, buses & parking lot.

What is the bus lines & schedules like at Pop? Does each park have their own line? Do the buses come like every 15 mins or on the hour? We are driving down, so I feel as if we will only bus it to MK, that may change depending on the crowds/lines for the buses.

I thought about bringing a coffee pot BUT would that be necessary since only my DH is a coffee drinker and we have refillable mugs? Could he not go to the food court and fill up his mug with coffee?

If we do online check in and get to the room and don't love the location - is it ok to go to the desk and request a change?

YAY!!! You are going to LOVE POP!!! Don't forget to take time to walk over the bridge to AoA. You DS will love it and so will you!
Here is a picture of the bus stops. Each park has its own little chain line to get into. There is also one for the water parks and DTD. The buses come about every 10-15 min depending on how crowded they are, sometimes faster and during the middle of the day when there are less guests going to the park, it may be a little longer. The drivers have radio's on their bus and they communicate with the other bus drivers to let them know how crowded the lines are. The buses at POP have been great in our experiences and we would never think of using any other mode of transportation. During our last trip in September, we rode several of the accordion buses, were it is almost 2 buses in one :teacher: so they hold A LOT of people! Don't let the lines scare you!
aiod13.jpg

If you are in a preferred room, you will be closest to Classic Hall and I love a morning walk to Classic Hall for coffee. A small coffee pot is fine but not needed.
At POP you will have direct to the room access. If you do on-line check in, customized your MB, you have a credit card on file and your cell # or email address, they will send you your room # before you get there. You will be able to go straight to you room when you get there. The 2 buildings in 60's are building 4 & 5. The top 2 floors are 3 or 4. If you room # starts with 43xx, 44xx (Play-doh building 3rd floor or 4th floor) or 53xx, 54xx (Moglie & Balu building, 3rd or 4th floor), then you know that you got one of the room that you requested. So you should be good to go.
Here is a picture of the resort with the room categories highlighted for you. You can see the preferred view highlighted in yellow. The majority of the 60's is preferred so hopefully you won't have any trouble getting your request :goodvibes You are always welcome to go to the front desk if you don't get your requests and kindly ask if they have something in your requested area but honestly, in our 8 previous stays at POP, we have ended up LOVING every room we have stayed in.

PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

:tinker:for the perfect room!!!

YAY!!! You are going to LOVE POP!!! Don't forget to take time to walk over the bridge to AoA. You DS will love it and so will you!
Here is a picture of the bus stops. Each park has its own little chain line to get into. There is also one for the water parks and DTD. The buses come about every 10-15 min depending on how crowded they are, sometimes faster and during the middle of the day when there are less guests going to the park, it may be a little longer. The drivers have radio's on their bus and they communicate with the other bus drivers to let them know how crowded the lines are. The buses at POP have been great in our experiences and we would never think of using any other mode of transportation. During our last trip in September, we rode several of the accordion buses, were it is almost 2 buses in one :teacher: so they hold A LOT of people! Don't let the lines scare you!
aiod13.jpg

If you are in a preferred room, you will be closest to Classic Hall and I love a morning walk to Classic Hall for coffee. A small coffee pot is fine but not needed.
At POP you will have direct to the room access. If you do on-line check in, customized your MB, you have a credit card on file and your cell # or email address, they will send you your room # before you get there. You will be able to go straight to you room when you get there. The 2 buildings in 60's are building 4 & 5. The top 2 floors are 3 or 4. If you room # starts with 43xx, 44xx (Play-doh building 3rd floor or 4th floor) or 53xx, 54xx (Moglie & Balu building, 3rd or 4th floor), then you know that you got one of the room that you requested. So you should be good to go.
Here is a picture of the resort with the room categories highlighted for you. You can see the preferred view highlighted in yellow. The majority of the 60's is preferred so hopefully you won't have any trouble getting your request :goodvibes You are always welcome to go to the front desk if you don't get your requests and kindly ask if they have something in your requested area but honestly, in our 8 previous stays at POP, we have ended up LOVING every room we have stayed in.

PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

:tinker:for the perfect room!!!

Thank you for the reply - the pic of the bus stops makes it oh so much clearer in my mind now - I love visuals!! =)

We are 4 weeks away from our second stay at Pop Century! We stayed here last December in a standard room. (building 9) and during a call to Disney we were switched from ASSports to Preferred Pool View at Pop Century with free dining. Which was a surprise in itself, free of charge on the switch over. :) Excited for this stay and checking more stuff out since it's summer time and so the pool will be used more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter