Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are headed to the POP, October 16 to 27! :cloud9: We stayed there for two weeks in August of 2011, which was our first on-property stay. When we began planning this trip, there was no doubt that we'd go back to the POP.

We haven't booked our flights yet, but are hoping we can arrive mid-day on Friday, October 16. I am looking into a delivery from Garden Grocer since there are refrigerators in the rooms now :-)-)), and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what I might expect? The last time we used grocery delivery was when we were staying off-site in a condo and it was easy to tell them they could arrive whenever on a day we knew we'd be there. Does the POP want deliveries to happen after you've arrived and checked into your room? If you have refrigerated items in the delivery and you haven't arrived, will the POP provide cold storage? I would like to schedule the delivery for the Friday we arrive, and am hoping I don't have to wait around; we plan to hit the parks as soon as we possibly can!

I love this thread and have been greedily reading to catch up on the latest as we prepare to return. Thanks to everyone for all of the awesome information!

Your grocery delivery will be made to Bell Services so it will not matter if you're in your room or at the parks. Yes, Bell Services will keep any perishables refrigerated for you. Then when you get to the resort you have 2 choices: go and pick up your stuff yourself. Or call Bell Services from your room and ask them to bring it up. If you choose option 2, just make sure you tip whoever delivers your stuff. :thumbsup2

This is an every day occurrence at all WDW resorts, so the CMs at Pop will know what to do.

Your grocery delivery will be made to Bell Services so it will not matter if you're in your room or at the parks. Yes, Bell Services will keep any perishables refrigerated for you. Then when you get to the resort you have 2 choices: go and pick up your stuff yourself. Or call Bell Services from your room and ask them to bring it up. If you choose option 2, just make sure you tip whoever delivers your stuff. :thumbsup2

This is an every day occurrence at all WDW resorts, so the CMs at Pop will know what to do.

Thanks!

I remember reading earlier in this thread that they have soy milk at the food court but was wondering if they also carry almond milk. TIA! :goodvibes

I remember reading earlier in this thread that they have soy milk at the food court but was wondering if they also carry almond milk. TIA! :goodvibes

I haven't seen any almond milk in the food courts. The soy is either the chocolate or the very vanilla.

I recently booked online for our very first stay at POP. I booked a preferred room. The description said it will either have 2 double beds or 1 king bed. It is just my husband and me going. How do I make sure we get the King Bed? Is it just a "request" I can put in or will they see there is 2 of us on the reservation and assign us a King room?

I recently booked online for our very first stay at POP. I booked a preferred room. The description said it will either have 2 double beds or 1 king bed. It is just my husband and me going. How do I make sure we get the King Bed? Is it just a "request" I can put in or will they see there is 2 of us on the reservation and assign us a King room?

YAY!!! You are going to LOVE POP! :jumping1:

Getting a King room can be a little tricky since POP is considered more of a family resort, king beds are very limited and some of the king rooms are handicap accessible. King rooms are only available as a request. A king room can only be made by calling Disney and asking a CM to add it to your existing reservation. This is not a request that can be done during on line check in.

In the past, I have been more successful getting a king bed by making it my ONLY request. By making it your only request, it allows the room assigner to assign you a king room in any location throughout the resort. Once you start adding additional requests it makes it harder for the room assigner and gives you less of a chance of getting a king bed.

Good luck!

I just booked my trip in August - it'll be my 5th stay at POP.
I am very excited and cannot wait!

I do have a question (and forgive me if it's been asked before - I did skim through the thread, but couldn't get to each & every post).
Has anyone taken a walk across the bridge to AOA, or know how long it may take?
I don't know if I'll get around to it, but I've been wanting to go take a quick look...

Really, really, really need this trip to look forward to to survive the everyday grind...

your obt'
me

I just booked my trip in August - it'll be my 5th stay at POP.
I am very excited and cannot wait!

I do have a question (and forgive me if it's been asked before - I did skim through the thread, but couldn't get to each & every post).
Has anyone taken a walk across the bridge to AOA, or know how long it may take?
I don't know if I'll get around to it, but I've been wanting to go take a quick look...

Really, really, really need this trip to look forward to to survive the everyday grind...

your obt'
me
It's less then a ten minute walk between The Pop and AofA Foodcourt. We walk across the bridge frequently to eat and/or take the bus. :goodvibes It's also nice to sit near the bridge in the summer and watch the Frozen fireworks from HS.

It's less then a ten minute walk between The Pop and AofA Foodcourt. We walk across the bridge frequently to eat and/or take the bus. :goodvibes It's also nice to sit near the bridge in the summer and watch the Frozen fireworks from HS.

Thank you so much for a quick reply and some great ideas.
I've actually seen a little bit of Illuminations from that area, I think.
Another thing to add to my ever growing to do list...

your obt'
me

I can't wait! I did our online checkin today! We requested top floor and lakeview as we are standard. I'm sure we'll be happy wherever we are! I love Pop Century, it's the only value I've stayed at more than once and now this will be my fourth visit. Don't worry, I'll take tons of pictures (again) to share with the Pop Century photo thread!

I can't wait! I did our online checkin today! We requested top floor and lakeview as we are standard. I'm sure we'll be happy wherever we are! I love Pop Century, it's the only value I've stayed at more than once and now this will be my fourth visit. Don't worry, I'll take tons of pictures (again) to share with the Pop Century photo thread!
How exciting! I was all excited to make my FP+ tommorow. I'm not one to wait til they switch it over. But it will be sometime in the morning.

In all honesty that is the reason we stick with the QSDP one less thing to schedule.

Oh I know! And we still need to do that sometimes! (BOG). Nothing can be spur of the moment anymore. So sad. We booked Hoop Dee Doo and BOG for lunch and breakfast. That's it. I am hoping we'll be able to hop around and spice up some things some! :)

Any advice for arriving to the resort late!our plane should get in at 10:15 pm. I know we have to wait for our luggage and bring it to the DME but other than that is eer anything I should know? We've never stayed at pop before and are very excited. Is there anything I can do to make check in go faster? We will be ready for bed right away

Oh I know! And we still need to do that sometimes! (BOG). Nothing can be spur of the moment anymore. So sad. We booked Hoop Dee Doo and BOG for lunch and breakfast. That's it. I am hoping we'll be able to hop around and spice up some things some! :)

AGREED!

We traveled to WDW and stayed at Pop in January on a package discount with the regular dining plan. It was our first time with FP+ and we do not usually get the DDP, so between making sure that we had all of our TS meals scheduled and FP+, I felt that this last trip was not as spontaneous nor satisfying as usual. I mean, I certainly had a great time (we were in Disney after all!), but I missed deciding the night before which park I wanted to go to and not having to worry about only little breaks of time. For example: "Okay, we've just used our Space Mountain FP+ and our 7DMT FP+ isn't for another hour and a half. What do you want to do?" Well, it was enough time to do something, but not enough time...at least that's how it felt.

We are fortunate to be traveling back to the World and to Pop in 23 days, and this time we are only scheduling three must do TS for us: Hoop Dee Doo for the first time ever, BOG for the husband's 40th birthday, and Via Napoli. Otherwise, we are looking forward to "winging it" with QS meals. We made FP+, but we are not even as concerned about those this trip. If we decide the night before that we want to change the park, we will just see what, if anything, is available!

Any advice for arriving to the resort late!our plane should get in at 10:15 pm. I know we have to wait for our luggage and bring it to the DME but other than that is eer anything I should know? We've never stayed at pop before and are very excited. Is there anything I can do to make check in go faster? We will be ready for bed right away

You will LOVE POP!!

Just know that it will take you about 30-45 minutes to get your luggage and get to the MDE area and then another 45 minutes to get to POP once you are on MDE. So allow anywhere from 75-90 minutes from landing to POP.

Our flight lands at 10:45pm and my biggest concern was they would give our room away before we got there:scared:
So we contacted a CM and ask them to show "late arrival" on our reservation just in case they wanted to give our room away.

I would recommend you do the on-line check in and hopefully the resorts are still doing the "direct to room check in". This option allows you to bypass the front desk and go straight to your room when you get there.
Once you have customized, ordered, and had your MagicBands shipped to your home, you will receive an email, letting you know that Direct-to-Room Check-In is available. Keep your MagicBands in your possession when you arrive at POP since your MagicBands are used as room keys now.
Make sure you do the online check in, provide a credit card and set up a PIN number and provide either you cell phone number or an email address and as long as you have all this done, You will receive a message via email and/or text prior to getting to POP with your room number and you can go directly to your room.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter