Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can request almost anything, whether it is granted is a whim of fate and hotel occupancy.

That being said I have been upgraded to a request (not at POP) before, but I rarely request an upgrade (prefer to pay and not chance it) so I don't have a lot of experience.

can you call and request a room in the 50's section without having to pay for a preferred room?
If you are good with a standard room in the 50s building (eg top floor, lake view) then certainly you could do this and also note these preferences during your online check-in. No guarantee that you will actually receive what you asked for, but the odds are decent since many other guests prefer ground floor and closer to transportation/food court. I have had great luck at POP in having my online check-in preferences honoured.

This could possibly be a dumb question but can you call and request a room in the 50's section without having to pay for a preferred room?

The 50's section offers preferred, standard and standard pool view rooms. The only room catagory that the 50's section does not offer is preferred pool so you can book a standard room and request 50's section and that could give you a standard room in the 50's section (if there is availability at the time of your check in). The standard 50's rooms are going to be on the back side of buildings 1, 2 or 3. Here is a map that shows the room categories for POP:
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae107/braverman4/POP Century Thread/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

If you are good with a standard room in the 50s building (eg top floor, lake view) then certainly you could do this and also note these preferences during your online check-in. No guarantee that you will actually receive what you asked for, but the odds are decent since many other guests prefer ground floor and closer to transportation/food court. I have had great luck at POP in having my online check-in preferences honoured.

thanks so much for the help!

DH and I leave on May 9th for a 6 night 7 day stay at WDW and POP. I've already made our FP selections, made all food reservations and online check in whew! As Disneyland pass holders and regulars we are looking forward to the change but I have a stupid question.

I have a 805am BOG reservation on Sunday May 10th. We plan to go to Epcot after, our first FP opens between 10am to 11am. What's the easiest way from POP to MK for that reservation - bus or taxi due to time of day? From MK do we just take a bus to epcot? I haven't been back in 10 years and never stayed on site. Thanks for any advice.

Hi everyone! Heading back to Pop in June - so excited! I can't find the detailed room map that used to be on here somewhere with the specific room numbers on it, not just the categories. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help; search wasn't finding it.

DH and I leave on May 9th for a 6 night 7 day stay at WDW and POP. I've already made our FP selections, made all food reservations and online check in whew! As Disneyland pass holders and regulars we are looking forward to the change but I have a stupid question.

I have a 805am BOG reservation on Sunday May 10th. We plan to go to Epcot after, our first FP opens between 10am to 11am. What's the easiest way from POP to MK for that reservation - bus or taxi due to time of day? From MK do we just take a bus to epcot? I haven't been back in 10 years and never stayed on site. Thanks for any advice.

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM for early ADRs. I would take the bus to MK from Pop. If you don't want to do that, I would suggest you take a taxi to the Contemporary and then walk over to MK. If you take a taxi to MK it will drop you off at the TTC then you'll have to take a boar or monorail to MK with the the masses.

From MK to Epcot, I would take the monorail to the TTC then transfer over to the Epcot monorail loop.

Hi everyone! Heading back to Pop in June - so excited! I can't find the detailed room map that used to be on here somewhere with the specific room numbers on it, not just the categories. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help; search wasn't finding it.

Hmmm...I've never seen a map of Pop with actual room numbers on it. Just the room types.

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM for early ADRs. I would take the bus to MK from Pop. If you don't want to do that, I would suggest you take a taxi to the Contemporary and then walk over to MK. If you take a taxi to MK it will drop you off at the TTC then you'll have to take a boar or monorail to MK with the the masses.

From MK to Epcot, I would take the monorail to the TTC then transfer over to the Epcot monorail loop.

Thank you this is exactly what I needed to know. You are awesome!!

Got my text with room number before we even took off from.MSP today :). Sitting on DME right now... Long day of travel and our post flight ritual of Burger King was destroyed when BK ran out of meat :crazy2:. So hoping Everything Pop still has.something going once we get there.

Also, requested upper floor...and we got a fantastic room in 60s apparently! Hope all goes smoothly when we get there!

Got my text with room number before we even took off from.MSP today :). Sitting on DME right now... Long day of travel and our post flight ritual of Burger King was destroyed when BK ran out of meat :crazy2:. So hoping Everything Pop still has.something going once we get there.

Also, requested upper floor...and we got a fantastic room in 60s apparently! Hope all goes smoothly when we get there!
Enjoy! Love the 60's!

Great room location :). Had a little something at Everything Pop. They are out of box fans tonight... First time that has ever happened. Room is.clean, etc. Just a weird vibe here tonight tho. Hoping a few hours of sleep will make.things better..

Where do they usually have the preferred rooms? We up graded our standard to preferred so I was just wondering?

Hi there, looking at booking one night at PC before camping at the Fort for Easter week. All I'm concerned about is not having to haul stuff very far...it looks like the parking lot is set up where you park close to your room, relatively speaking. Is there anything else I should request? And also, what are the pool hours for Easter and Easter Monday?

Thanks so much!

Great room location :). Had a little something at Everything Pop. They are out of box fans tonight... First time that has ever happened. Room is.clean, etc. Just a weird vibe here tonight tho. Hoping a few hours of sleep will make.things better..

You can get a box fan at POP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter