Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't received an email or text upon arrival at the resort, I would stop at the desk. I wouldn't want to be waiting around for a notification that may never come.

It's about a 2-3 minute walk from the bowling pin pool to the main hall. Downtown Disney has a train and merry go round (for a fee) and splash pads. Even walking around places like Lego and Rainforest Cafe can be a fun activity for your son. Where do you have reservations at?
We are having dinner at T-rex but do not care for their desserts.

It seems like a lot of people ask for room requests. I currently am booked at Pop May 13-16 in a standard room. If I do not request anything, am I going to get stuck with something from the leftover batch of undesirable rooms that are not on people's requests? My only desire is to be near or in view of a statue or something Disney themed. Although they are fine, im not really a fan of the computer pool, "groovy" theme, or anything non-disney. Is that even a possible request? Anyone have an experience where they did not request anything? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
It seems like a lot of people ask for room requests. I currently am booked at Pop May 13-16 in a standard room. If I do not request anything, am I going to get stuck with something from the leftover batch of undesirable rooms that are not on people's requests? My only desire is to be near or in view of a statue or something Disney themed. Although they are fine, im not really a fan of the computer pool, "groovy" theme, or anything non-disney. Is that even a possible request? Anyone have an experience where they did not request anything? Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't worry about it. Yes, a lot of people on the DIS do like to make room requests. However, we are such a small % of the total number of guests at a resort at any given time. I would say the majority of guests have no idea you can even make a room request.

On the "view" -- what you see from your room window is limited really, even if you're in a section with more Disney theming than not. From your window the main thing you see is the walkway and the railing beyond, before seeing anything else. So, my advice/opinion is not to be to concerned about that aspect.

That said, each of the sections has at least one thing Disney - 50's has Lady and the Tramp, 60's has Mowgli and Baloo from Jungle Book, 70's has a Mickey telephone, and 80's has Roger Rabbit. I recommend 50's anyway as my favorite, so perhaps that would be a section request you could add to you reservation or choose during online check-in.

so we just got back from a stay at pop. had a great time but the biggest issue for us was very poor internet and cell phone reception in the room. i have never experienced this at any other resort. we did have a ground floor room but just wondering if others have had good or bad experiences with respect to this issue. we are planning another stay there because we booked a great deal through a bounceback offer but would really like to have better reception next time. anyone??

so we just got back from a stay at pop. had a great time but the biggest issue for us was very poor internet and cell phone reception in the room. i have never experienced this at any other resort. we did have a ground floor room but just wondering if others have had good or bad experiences with respect to this issue. we are planning another stay there because we booked a great deal through a bounceback offer but would really like to have better reception next time. anyone??
We've stayed ground floor, building 5 three times and have had excellent Internet reception each stay. Friends of ours stayed in the 50's, and had some poor Internet reception.

We've stayed ground floor, building 5 three times and have had excellent Internet reception each stay. Friends of ours stayed in the 50's, and had some poor Internet reception.
thanks for the reply. we were in the 70's. could not even get cell phone service (AT&T wireless) in the room at all. hmmmm . maybe i will request 50's ground floor next time. does it make a difference which side of the building you are on? were you always on the same side? thanks again : )

thanks for the reply. we were in the 70's. could not even get cell phone service (AT&T wireless) in the room at all. hmmmm . maybe i will request 50's ground floor next time. does it make a difference which side of the building you are on? were you always on the same side? thanks again : )
No, building number 5 is the 60's. That's where we had good reception. We've faced in every direction except the hippy dippy pool. Reception was also great around the pool though.

On our last trip at Pop Century, on the day of departure, I was very pleasantly surprised to find our American Airlines boarding passes hanging on our hotel room door. We used to have to go to the airline check-in section and check in, get the boarding passes printed, etc, but in September they were just magically hanging on our door.

Does anyone know if this the norm now?

So you don't have to go and do online check-in for your flight?? Disney does it for you??

We were in the 70's, past the Mickey phone going towards Mr Potato Head, ground floor and had no issues with Disney wifi or cellular in 2013.

So you don't have to go and do online check-in for your flight?? Disney does it for you??
we had to go to the airline check in location near the main entrance. the only thing hanging on the doorknob was our magical express documentation. when we brought our bags to check in they had to weigh them so not sure how you would skip that step? maybe someone else can chime in.

we had to go to the airline check in location near the main entrance. the only thing hanging on the doorknob was our magical express documentation. when we brought our bags to check in they had to weigh them so not sure how you would skip that step? maybe someone else can chime in.

It varies whether Disney will print your boarding passes and deliver them with your DME packet. On some past trips, I have received my printed Southwest boarding passes, on some trips, they have not printed them. (I did my own online check-in with Southwest. Disney did the printing based upon our being checked in.)

It's certainly nice when they do print the boarding passes because with the Remote Airport Check-in, you can check your bags at your resort, have your boarding passes in hand, and go directly to your gate at MCO.

Yes, last trip, that was the case. I did not do online check-in but still had the boarding passes hanging on my door. I don't really get it either because I don't know how they would have checked me in automatically. I always do online check-in when I fly but not when I am departing from WDW because I like to print paper boarding passes and I have no access to a printer at Pop Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter