Pop Century Standard Room

fgcusabre

Florida Theme Park Passholder
I booked a reservation at Pop Century using my Florida Pass Holder discount and a standard room in March online.

I just called because I wanted to put in a request for a king bed and request a the 50's building since I read that there are standard rooms in the 50's building that face the Epcot globe.

The lady on the phone - was just like thats not how it works. She came right out and said that once you book the hotel - that is it.

But then she said she will take a look anyways.... She said I could not get a king bed and I can't request a building. She said only the 80s and 90s were standard rooms now.

Does anyone else know if this is true...or should I just try to call again.

I booked a reservation at Pop Century using my Florida Pass Holder discount and a standard room in March online.

I just called because I wanted to put in a request for a king bed and request a the 50's building since I read that there are standard rooms in the 50's building that face the Epcot globe.

The lady on the phone - was just like thats not how it works. She came right out and said that once you book the hotel - that is it.

But then she said she will take a look anyways.... She said I could not get a king bed and I can't request a building. She said only the 80s and 90s were standard rooms now.

Does anyone else know if this is true...or should I just try to call again.

I just called tonight to book my reservation at the POP and the CM asked me "do you have any preferences" ... so I told her ground floor, non-smoking. Then she said "any particular section you'd like to be in?" Obviously it depends on the person you get.

I just called tonight to book my reservation at the POP and the CM asked me "do you have any preferences" ... so I told her ground floor, non-smoking. Then she said "any particular section you'd like to be in?" Obviously it depends on the person you get.

arrgg...i figured...her tone just sounded like i was annoying her...it was right before 10....and i just tried to call back...and they said they are closed now...so maybe she just wanted to get off duty....

i really hope i can make a request...if not ill try the faxing method too...

Just a word of warning.

You are travelling in March -- it may be that all the standard king bed rooms were booked. That is a very high occupancy month for ALL resorts at WDW. And some resorts are filling up fast.

Still.. sounds like she gave the bs line to get you off the phone.

J

wonder if you got the same CM I had this afternoon, it seemed her lunch arrived because she was talking to a co-worker and seemed really bent I was on the other line asking questions. She was really rude. I did ask for a non-smoking room and booked prefered, not even sure where that is a ground floor would be nice.

You should FAX in a request as well. I have found that every time I faxed in a room request it was filled. I was told that the staff will look at fax copies of requests first when doing room assignments. This is not fact, just what I heard, but I have always gotten GREAT rooms and exactly what I wanted. Just fyi. I find that if someone is not treating me how I feel is appropriate, I will end the conversation and call right back

We had a standard room in the 50's section in September. It was the Jukebox building facing the pool. We loved it! It is my understanding that some of the 50's section is preferred, but not all of it.

I'll be at POP in a few weeks, hoping for 50's bldg w/ a connecting room for my mom:) Faxing requests to *Room Assignor* has worked for me in the past! Even got an upgrade at GF!

It really makes a difference what C.M. you talk to. When I phoned the other day, for a room request at Pop Century, I asked for a "lakeview" room the Pop Century. The C.M. replied that there was "no lake" at the pop century. I politely said that "yes there was a lake and you could request a "lakeview" room.
She said.... "well I'll make a note of that, but this is the first I've heard about a lake at Pop Century.

Needless to say..... I will be faxing in my request for a "lakeview room". :lmao:

No lake at the POP?:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Hello...its what separating the POP from what may never be known as the Legendary Years :(
Please make that Family Suites over there!! Someday....

Hey...16 days for me too!

i arrive on march 2 as well...

i hope you are all quiet people! ;-)

I cant wait...i called tonight and the person tonight was very helpful and put the request in my reservation.

i am glad they were more helpful tonight that last night...

i am really looking forward to my trip. i have a season pass and have been to disney many times over the past year. but this is my first resort stay. normally im at the cheap hotels down the road.

i would love to stay at the 50s section. i am gonna also do our first table services on the trip eating at le cellier and the 50s prime time cafe.

well im off to do more research and pretending to be playing on the computer :-D

Arriving on 3/29 - I also was allowed to request a building, so I asked for either Lady or Tramp.
I don't expect much because we have a standard room with Fl. Resident rate so we'll probably be stuck out in the boondocks, 80's or 90's. It's worth a try though, I have been known to get lucky (once in awhile!;) ). Good luck to you good folks on your requests! :thumbsup2

As far as being quiet, myself and my daughter are, you may be concerned about my mother though. She's a first timer at the age of 69!! Never been to WDW! Hope you enjoy your stay Florida Pass Holder!!:)

Every time I gave a request for a particular type room the standard answer was "there is no quarantee" but enerally they are very accomadting and I usually get an upgrade......obviously March is high attendence so the room requests might be tough....good luck....and have a great time!:rotfl:

I have yet to fax in any kind of request and have always gotten pretty close to what I need room wise. It has also been stated, by those who work at WDW in the resorts, that for the most part, faxes aren't being looked at anymore. Some resorts do it on a limited basis, but most aren't. So...with that in mind...
I have stayed at POP three times now. Twice in the 50's section and once in 80's. I did get one 'not so nice' Front Desk CM...the time I stayed in the 80's section. When I asked for a room on an upper floor, she looked at me like I was nuts, and told me that most people would kill for the room she had given me....ground level, facing the parking lot/lake (or perhaps it was just a big puddle since there is no lake at POP!!!). Turned out that the room was fine, but I really prefer to be higher up.
But...the rooms in the 50's section, one in bldg 1, room to the back of the bldg, was ground level and quiet. The other, in bldg 2, behind the jukebox, was on the third, of four, floors, way to the end. I was the last room on that level/wing. If I went out my door, turned left, I was at the back bowling pin stairway. I would be facing Epcot and could see Spaceship Earth off in the distance. Just be aware, that you can see Epcot from soom rooms but the view is very distant.

We were just a Pop last week and had a great room. I requested non-smoking/king bed -- standard room. They put us in the 60s building facing the baby pool area, ground floor with a king bed. It was the best location ever. Since parts of the 60s are now standard we got a great room. Three doors down from us was preferred. We walked out of our room and was just steps away from the main pool. Our king room was a HA room with rollin shower. Since all sections have standard rooms you could almost be anywhere. We always make a preference and have NEVER faxed our preferences and have gotten our request at Pop about 99% of the time. I had no idea that a room that close to the main pool is now considered standard -- wow. BTW -- since we had a HA room, it also included a free frig.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter