• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Secrets?

OrangeOranges

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I'm going to WDW for the first time at the end of April. I'm on a budget, so I'm staying at the Pop Century. Are there any cool hidden things that I can look for while I'm staying on property?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I am pretty sure that there are hidden mickeys on property and I think the front desk will give you a paper on them. You will certainly enjoy looking around property at all the life size icons.

Woo Hoo! On your first trip. We stayed at POP for the first time this past Nov. and it is a wonderful resort. Not exactly hidden, but we walked all around the resort looking at the large "sculpture" represenations of pop culture items, and the huge Disney characters at the pools. That was totally cool. Also in the lobby area we spent a lot of time looking at the displays of pop culture items. It was neat to show my DD all the toys that I had back in they day that have re-appeared now. I guess the one "hidden" thing to us was that they taught hustle lessons. We saw the sign in the lobby the day we left. Maybe next time.

As you walk along the lake.. look for the grammatical error in the sign that talks about Barbara Walters.

DSCF0730.jpg

Check out the turtles in the lake. You get a great view from the bridge.

Also, be on the lookout for wildlife in the bushes. On our last visit we saw several rabbits.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Out of all the resorts I have stayed at on property, POP has the best pool bar, and they stay open until midnight weather permitting!!!

Go to the 50's pool and look at the giant jukebox. Look at the names of the records that can be "played". Also, go all the way up to the top floor of the buildings and look down at the pool area. It's designed like a bowling alley but you can't really see it from the ground, you have to look at it from up top. Same thing with the computer pool. Everything is laid out with the pool being the monitor and then the giant keyboard in place.

Don't forget to look at the shadowboxes in the lobby area. We spent a good half hour looking through those.

Listen to the music as you walk through the resort. It'll change based on what decade you are in.

You can see a view of fireworks from the lakeside buildings. Go to the top floor for the best views.

Great thread!!!! I too will be staying at the POP for the 1st time! We will be checking in on May 1 to the 4, we are doing a split stay at the WL!!!!!:goodvibes

Have a wonderful trip!!!!:wizard:

Heyo,we are about to book for May 2011 and are torn between staying at POP and having approx £400 extra spening money or stay ot POR as it looks a bit more chilled out after busy sday in the parks, please help, I,m wrecking my head for pros & cons :idea::confused:

Thanks for the thread. I have stayed at POP twice. My last visit was quick and did not have much time to explore. The first visit was the first year they opened. I am looking forward to having time to just walk around the grounds this time.

Heyo,we are about to book for May 2011 and are torn between staying at POP and having approx £400 extra spening money or stay ot POR as it looks a bit more chilled out after busy sday in the parks, please help, I,m wrecking my head for pros & cons :idea::confused:

£400 is a lot of quid. I'd consider a step up but with that amount of £ on the line..

I've always found for example that the 80's 90's pool.. while not officially a 'quiet pool' -- is typically a nice relaxing area without too much noise usually at Pop.

That said, POR can be a more relaxed environment for sure..

I'd stay at Pop personally.

But then I'm not yer usual traveler either. :)

Go across the Generation Gap bridge and explore the unfinished Legendary Years buildings. Although it's probably not a good idea to do with little kids.

I walked around and found the sign for each year the members of my family were born and took a picture of each. It's a nice memory of the resort.

Visit the food court at the right time of day and you will get to watch the CM's doing the Hustle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter