• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

And that's why there is no way Disney would take bus service away and make people take the gondolas as the only form of transportation to DHS and Epcot. Why would Disney set themselves up for complaints from angry park guests who can't take the gondolas due to phobias or other personal reasons?

They will most likely reduce the number of buses making those trips, but they will have to provide some other form of transportation.

Yeah, I just had a similar thought: maybe the gondola won't be a complete mode of transportation but rather a paid supplement, similar to the special buses going between parks called Express Transportation Option. It costs extra but some people really like it. If you don't want to pay, there are still regular buses going between the parks. If the gondola is built with the intention of charging a proper amount so that it will pay for itself plus make some money without being responsible for the entire transportation to Epcot/DHS, then the gondola plan is making sense to me. Yes, I do believe there will be enough people who will pay extra to ride a gondola between Epcot/DHS/CB/Pop/AofA, there are so many people living in those 3 hotels. It will relief the bus system rather than replace it. Now I do believe that there will be a gondola built.

Going back to the original discussion, if the gondola charges separate for itself, the Pop prices doesn't need to go up because of the existence of the gondola.

Not trying to derail this thread, but I thought I'd mention that someone is reporting on another message board that construction for the gondola system has started. They've cleared trees in the parking lot area between the Little Mermaid rooms and the 50's section of Pop Century. Parking lot is now roped off and filled with construction equipment.
I personally am afraid of heights, but am still excited about the gondolas.. still going to take years to complete, though (not to mention the extra time after they open to work out all the kinks). The yucky, stinky buses will be here for awhile haha!

I finally thought of a question. Is the coffee make one with the small pods, not the K pods or are they they ones with the coffee inside the filters. Just wondering in case I want to bring some coffee with me to brew there.

We loved our stay in a refurbished room at Pop Century. Here are some pictures: http://www.thecastleconcierge.com/renovated-rooms-disneys-pop-century/

Any questions, just ask.

One item of note: we were only there for two nights and we didn't get Housekeeping service as our room wasn't made up when we returned for a rest. We called to have fresh towels delivered. Did Housekeeping leave down the bed? I'd love to know. Thanks.

Wait, what, there is room service? Has there always been room service a the value resorts or is this new?

I checked into Pop today and got a refurbished room! I originally booked a preferred room and requested the 70's. When I got here, I asked if they had any refurbished rooms available. The CM make a phone call to check and they had a room for me and it was ready. We got here about 2 pm. Since I originally booked a preferred room, I even got a credit for taking a downgraded room. This is quite an awesome downgrade! We are here for a 3 night trip celebrating my daughter's high school graduation so this is incredible. The room is absolutely beautiful. We are currently watching Avatar (before we visit Pandora tomorrow) which is being played on a continuous loop on Channel 80.

For those staying in a refurbished room now or in the near future.... If you have time (and feel like doing it), could you call mousekeeping to ask if you can get an alarm clock for the room? I noticed the new rooms don't have one and while I know most people just use their phones now, I know there have been discussions about the removal of alarm clocks in certain resort rooms and there are people who want an actual clock in their room so they don't have to use their phone. I also remember some people said they don't bring their phones to Disney or simply don't have phones. I don't care either way (and I'm not trying to start a debate), I'm just curious because I'm sure someone will eventually bring it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter