Pop Century Room Renovations

I'm getting a little nervous about our trip in about 2 1/2 weeks. We have two rooms booked and I've been reading a few not so happy reviews about the construction. I do have on our reservation to please be put away from construction but worried since we have the two rooms they might not be able to. Please tell me how it was if you've been recently.

There are 2880 rooms at Pop and currenly only 2/9 buildings are being worked on. If you request a room in the 50's or 60's you'll be far, far away from the construction and I'm sure not even know it's going on.

Once June hits, everytime someone posts in here I am going to mini freak thinking it is finally someone staying in one of the reno rooms. As someone else said, hopefully the pace picks up and that we keep getting info on the status/progress and what buildings/rooms are renovated

ha ha ! same! Our trip is in mid-august for a preferred room but I really want a renovated room!

I just saw a room tour of Coronado and they have GLASS DOORS in the shower/tub. The bathroom is still a mystery! PLEASEEEE let there be glass sliders instead of a curtain LOL

I'm pretty sure that the work order for the Pop Rooms had an item on the list about "install bathtub/shower doors". I've been assuming/hoping that the bathtubs at Pop will have the sliding doors. I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of the bathroom from a renovated room.

I just saw a room tour of Coronado and they have GLASS DOORS in the shower/tub. The bathroom is still a mystery! PLEASEEEE let there be glass sliders instead of a curtain LOL

Agree, the bathrooms are still the mystery. Based on the little bit of the bathrooms we can see in the photos, I'm interested in finding out how much storage space is available on the side of the sink area.

Once June hits, everytime someone posts in here I am going to mini freak thinking it is finally someone staying in one of the reno rooms. As someone else said, hopefully the pace picks up and that we keep getting info on the status/progress and what buildings/rooms are renovated

Been doing the same thing :thumbsup2 Then I ask myself why? We're going next month and connecting rooms are our top priority, so chances of us getting renovated rooms are slim to none. :rotfl2:

Been doing the same thing :thumbsup2 Then I ask myself why? We're going next month and connecting rooms are our top priority, so chances of us getting renovated rooms are slim to none. :rotfl2:

Hope you're one of the first to get a renovated room and connecting rooms to boot!

I desperately want some DISers to get the renovated rooms so that they can post some pics for those of us who a stalking this thread daily! :)

I stayed in a test room last year and I'm pretty sure I remember a glass door on a walk-in shower...but I don't think it was a sliding glass door. I really wish I had thought to take pictures :sad2:

Hope you're one of the first to get a renovated room and connecting rooms to boot!

I desperately want some DISers to get the renovated rooms so that they can post some pics for those of us who a stalking this thread daily! :)

If I do I will post photos and take requests (answer questions). :thumbsup2

Just got an email from Disney this morning confirming that my magic band has shipped, so my Disney vacations is coming up soon :banana:

If I do I will post photos and take requests (answer questions). :thumbsup2

Just got an email from Disney this morning confirming that my magic band has shipped, so my Disney vacations is coming up soon :banana:

This is going to sound pretty crazy, but if possible could you pack a measuring tape if you have one? :worship:
I have to know if the distance from the edge of the murphy bed to the front wall/door is at least 39 inches. It's driving me crazy! LOL!

For those of you with TP subscriptions, I wonder if the room finder will include information about renovated rooms come June once they are back in inventory.

It isn't good when my entire team is out of town at a work summit and I am working from home, my mind wanders to Disney and planning more than usual. :mickeyjum:confused3

I've been staying at Pop a lot more lately after a few really nice stays but I'm not sure the new room style works for my needs with any of the groups I come with. First, it looks like the bathroom area is all one area now, no more curtained off changing area? That changing area was really helpful when bring my opposite sex teens and when traveling with a friend who we both prefer not to change in front of each other. Does anyone know how high the murphy bed is off the floor in comparison to a regular bed? It looks higher but not sure how much or if the table part collapses. I have a sleep walker and anything higher than a normal bed is a problem for us. I really like having more table area that stays a table to lay out clothes for the next day, etc. I would really want the Murphy bed left down at all times, will this become an issue for mousekeeping that some people prefer 1 way and others the other. I want to be able to walk in and sit down on the bed not have to pull it down and fix bedding/pillows. I am somewhat concerned about noise. We have some vinyl plank in our house and got an upgraded pad under so I doubt walking noise will be any worse than it is now but we have found more of an echo and increasing general noise volume in our house because the carpet absorbs more noise. The decor I'm fine with any way but some of the practical aspects to this design seem questionable to me. I really wonder why they didn't use a more conventional 2 bed design in half the rooms. For things like school groups I think the 2 bed design is far easier to manage.

First, it looks like the bathroom area is all one area now, no more curtained off changing area? That changing area was really helpful when bring my opposite sex teens and when traveling with a friend who we both prefer not to change in front of each other.
There is a sliding barn door now in place of the curtain that can block that area outside of the sink for changing purposes.

I think the rooms need some wall color. I don't mean vibrant color ... even a darker shade of beige on one wall would warm it up and provide some depth! The walls look sterile, like a dorm room. With a collection of Ikea, low-budget dorm furniture.

It's just ... a lot of white and LOT of fake wood.

The table/bed contraption may be functionally useful as a space-saver, but it's a bit of an eyesore - a big box with a big, solid plank sticking out.

On the positive side, the bathroom area looks brighter with more lighting! Much needed.

ALL THAT BEING SAID - these are clearly unfinished, I will have to wait to see the finished product! And things probably look much different in person. I may like the rooms overall in the end. I think a room refresh was overdue, so just the fact that these are new, clean rooms will make them very appealing.

View attachment 237241 View attachment 237242 View attachment 237243 View attachment 237244 View attachment 237245 View attachment 237246 View attachment 237247 I have pictures!! Credit goes to Debbie A. - Deb123. She gave me the go ahead to post here since they are in my values FB group. I love it and can't wait to stay in one come November.

I'm actually liking this. I think I will have to bring a small carpet though to have beside the bed, I don't like stepping on bare floor first thing in the morning.

I'm actually liking this. I think I will have to bring a small carpet though to have beside the bed, I don't like stepping on bare floor first thing in the morning.

Another option if you don't have room for a carpet is to request an extra bath mat or even use a towel. I understand you. I'd prefer to step on something other than bare floor too.

I've been staying at Pop a lot more lately after a few really nice stays but I'm not sure the new room style works for my needs with any of the groups I come with. First, it looks like the bathroom area is all one area now, no more curtained off changing area? That changing area was really helpful when bring my opposite sex teens and when traveling with a friend who we both prefer not to change in front of each other. Does anyone know how high the murphy bed is off the floor in comparison to a regular bed? It looks higher but not sure how much or if the table part collapses. I have a sleep walker and anything higher than a normal bed is a problem for us. I really like having more table area that stays a table to lay out clothes for the next day, etc. I would really want the Murphy bed left down at all times, will this become an issue for mousekeeping that some people prefer 1 way and others the other. I want to be able to walk in and sit down on the bed not have to pull it down and fix bedding/pillows. I am somewhat concerned about noise. We have some vinyl plank in our house and got an upgraded pad under so I doubt walking noise will be any worse than it is now but we have found more of an echo and increasing general noise volume in our house because the carpet absorbs more noise. The decor I'm fine with any way but some of the practical aspects to this design seem questionable to me. I really wonder why they didn't use a more conventional 2 bed design in half the rooms. For things like school groups I think the 2 bed design is far easier to manage.

As FinnsMom7 said, there is now a sliding "barn door" separating the dressing area from the rest of the room. The door will provide more privacy than the curtain.

Since we haven't seen a refurbished room with the Innovabed open, for now I'll assume it's the same as the one int he AoA suites (which is what everyone is thinking). The Innovabed there is about the height of an average bed. The table automatically folds up underneath it as it's being lowered. In the AoA suites, the Innovabed is a few inches lower than the queen bed.

We have left a note for mousekeeping to leave both the sofa bed and Innovabed open a few times during our stays at AoA. They've always done it when asked. But in reality, even if they don't, it will take you literally 2 seconds to open the bed. It will already be made up with sheets and blankets. All you will need to do is pull on the handle and open it like a giant oven door. For the life of me, I can't remember for sure, but I think they even leave the pillows on the bed. You won't need to do any "making" of the bed -- just possibly throw the pillows on it.

I think they aren't using 2 different room designs because that becomes a logistical challenge when assigning rooms. What if one type of room becomes more popular than the other??? Then there will be a lot of disappointed people when they find out at check-in that they can't get the room type they hoped for. Kind of like people requesting a King room and not getting it -- but potentially 100X worse. With one room design (once all the rooms are completed) people will know what they're getting when they book. If they don't like the new rooms, they can book at a different resort. There's more flexibility in the use of the room with this new design. It will be awesome for couples. And I suspect Disney will now be putting most school groups only at the All Star resorts (and whatever moderates they use). The renovated Pop rooms seem like they will have too many things that unsupervised "kids" could break (the sliding barn door and the Innovabed come to mind -- both of which will be fine when used properly. But I can see a bunch of kids abusing those things).

I always bring slippers, and you could always request another floor towel for the bathroom and use that by the bed. I never step foot with bare feet on the carpet if I can avoid it (yucky to me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter