Pop Century Room/Building Suggestion???

PoohHappens

DIS Veteran
I am new to the discussion board, but am looking forward to getting the hang of this.
I am staying at Pop Century for the first time this October. I am travelling withe several family members aged 3years to 68years. We are looking for suggestions for where to request to stay. Having stayed in another value resort we know we want top floor. Quiet is important to us because we take afternoon naps, but we don't want to have to be too far from the food court. I realize I am asking a lot from a value, but that is what the budget allows this time. Thanks.

We just got back, and were in the 5os section. Bldg 3 room 3162. Corner room. About a 1 1/2 minute walk to the food court, and to 2 different pools. Perfect.

Parts of the 50's 60's, and 70's are close to the food court, and parts are not. The 60's is preferred so more $$ per night, but in my opinion, some sections of those bldgs were much further than ours.

You cannot request a certain room, only a section and area. Good Luck.

We're going May 13-20, I'm planning on requesting 4th floor in the 70's section with a lakeside view. Hope you have fun there. :)

we were also in the 50s section, building A/1 and it was a PERFECT location... i would recommend it :)

We are going to POP in June for the first time and booked thru AAA. When I inquired about requesting a particular part of the resort, they informed me that I could request the 50's building and that was it. If I had my choice, I would probably have picked the 80's because I am a child of the 80's. Even with that, we are looking forward to our trip very much. Hopefully, we will be able to come back with a good report.

I tried going the request route when we went last month. I requested a smoking and non-smoking room, I requested the 50's or 70's buildings. Well, I ended up with 2 smoking rooms and put in the 90's building. I was able to get a non-smoking room and smoking room in the same building.. but we were stuck with the 90's building. I know its just a REQUEST but I was bummed out a bit.

Edited to add: I requested whatever was closest to transportation and dining, but not the "prefered" building... at this time I am blank on if prefered was 50's or 60's,, anyway,, I requested the one that was NOT prefered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter