Pop Century Resort Question

Phillip Williams

Mouseketeer
I am staying at the POP Century the week of 09/14/2015 - 09/19/2015. I do realize that some people do have a bad experience and that is why some reviews can be not so good. I have seen reviews where people say you can hear everything from the next room and that the beds are not comfortable. How accurate is this or do I just need to go and not worry about anything?

The walls are a bit thinner at Value resorts, but the beds are just as comfortable as any hotel I've ever stayed in.
Pop is my favourite DW resort.
Go and enjoy! :goodvibes

You'll be fine. Honestly we're so tired we could sleep on anything. We don't find the walls any thinner (aka neighbor noise) than we have experienced at deluxe resorts. And we find the walkways outside the room are quieter than the inside hallways of the deluxe. Yes the toilet flush is louder but we quickly didn't hear them anymore. We were there once for 12 days and not once did we see or hear another guest on our entire floor.

We prefer to book lakeside rooms and it is super quiet there yet only 5 minute walk to the food court/buses.

iPhoneSept292013006.jpg

Disney%20Sept%2020%202013%20Golf%20128.jpg

Last edited:
You'll be fine. Honestly we're so tired we could sleep on anything. We don't find the walls any thinner (aka neighbor noise) than we have experienced at deluxe resorts. And we find the walkways outside the room are quieter than the inside hallways of the deluxe. Yes the toilet flush is louder but we quickly didn't hear them anymore. We were there once for 12 days and no once did we see or hear another guest on our entire floor.

We prefer to book lakeside rooms and it is super quiet there yet only 5 minute walk to the food court/buses.

iPhoneSept292013006.jpg

Disney%20Sept%2020%202013%20Golf%20128.jpg

So true! The noise level inside the rooms is no worse than anywhere else, IMO.

OP, Pop is a great value resort. Enjoy your stay!

BTW, HopperFan, I LOVE your photos of the views at POP!! Simply Awesome!

So true! The noise level inside the rooms is no worse than anywhere else, IMO.

OP, Pop is a great value resort. Enjoy your stay!

BTW, HopperFan, I LOVE your photos of the views at POP!! Simply Awesome!

Thank you. Great resort to walk around and take pictures, I probably have a thousand. For me to get a standard value room overlooking the lake is the best deal on property.

I am staying at the POP Century the week of 09/14/2015 - 09/19/2015. I do realize that some people do have a bad experience and that is why some reviews can be not so good. I have seen reviews where people say you can hear everything from the next room and that the beds are not comfortable. How accurate is this or do I just need to go and not worry about anything?

I can actually say the All Stars Sports probably is the most noisy resort we have stayed at. Pop, we were over in building 9 in December for 2 weeks and never had any noise issues at all. We are trying out preferred pool room starting a week from Sunday (12 days), ask me about my opinion of that after 2 weeks there. ;) We like Pop better now actually.

You can see from my signature that I have many stays in multiple resorts. HANDS DOWN the worst noise was during both stays at Kidani--and for the price, I sure expected better! In the 2 BR we could hear the guy next door unzip and pee!

I was at Pop in May of this year. As with any value resort, the quietest rooms will be TOP floor, NOT facing the pool. Lakeview rooms at Pop are particularly nice. Lovely view and great walk around the lake.

I also liked it MUCH better than LM room in AoA.

You can see from my signature that I have many stays in multiple resorts. HANDS DOWN the worst noise was during both stays at Kidani--and for the price, I sure expected better! In the 2 BR we could hear the guy next door unzip and pee!

I was at Pop in May of this year. As with any value resort, the quietest rooms will be TOP floor, NOT facing the pool. Lakeview rooms at Pop are particularly nice. Lovely view and great walk around the lake.

I also liked it MUCH better than LM room in AoA.

We're staying at POP in August. Any other tips?

This is all good to know! I have to say, my last stay at the BWI was not great at all. There was a family in the next room, and they were quite loud! I even called the front desk to alert security to tell them to quiet down. They were yelling nonstop one day. UGH! For the room alone, with 30% discount and extra 15% from Orbitz cost, our next trip is at Pop with free QS dining plus 7 day hopper tickets is LESS! I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I think if you're staying in a room further from the lobby and main pool and maybe on the top floor you will have no problem so long as the resort isn't full (I doubt it, judging by your dates). I heard flushing some mornings if I was in the bathroom but nothing too loud and disruptive. We heard no neighbors. Not even sure we had any until the last 2 nights and I only knew that because of their Halloween decor in the window. I was more concerned about my boys making noise.

We will be at Pop in August.
We have stayed in many resorts/ many price levels, like PP's.
And I agree with them that noise levels can be high or low, in all resorts, regardless of price level.
It depends more on your location within the resort (near pool, top floor or lower floor?) and the noise level of your neighbors.
I hear toilets flushing loudly in every Disney resort.

There are basically two areas in which Pop suffers from comparison to the other WDW resorts I've experienced.
Those areas are size (going from the CR to Pop, with four people, you do notice how small the rooms at POP are), and the lack of a coffee maker in the room (I just bring my own Keuring).

I feel that the lower price of Pop makes up for those two considerations. We have needed to cut back financially the last couple years, so we are grateful to be able to go to WDW at all. We had been concerned that we would enjoy Pop less than POR/FQ, Poly, and CR, but that has not really been the case.

Ok.... I have stayed at Pop many times. I actually tried to switch resorts a few years ago and my DS had a fit. Pop had become home, so that's where we went. This time I decided to upgrade to Wilderness Lodge b/c well... I've always wanted to stay there and now that he's a bit older he's very excited about it.

Now about Pop. I love the hotel. Since we spent most of our time in the park, using the hotel for the pool and a bed was exactly what we needed. Plus, the food court is pretty good. I did have an issue with sound once though. Back in 2008 when my DS was 5, we were on the 2nd floor of the 50's building. My DS fell right asleep and didn't hear a thing but I was lucky enough to enjoy the sounds of what I assume was a honeymooning couple in the room above me.

WE stayed at Pop in May. Did not notice any issues and are headed back in September.

I echo a top floor room facing the lake. If you can swing a corner room at that you are sharing less walls. When I had this room we never heard our neighbors and as it was the far end of the building, away from the elevator, hardly anyone ever even walked by. I loved it! Did not love the beds but I rarely do at hotels so it is what it is. We love the PoP, don't worry at all!

I agree with those suggesting you request rooms that are not on the normal routes of everyone and it should be quieter. When I stayed at Pop, our room faced the parking lot and people would be yelling as they came back in the evenings. I probably would have tried to switch rooms, but with my sister, we needed a HA room and that might have been more difficult to get switched especially since we had a connecting non-HA room for my cousin and her wife.

We stayed at POP in 2013. We loved everything. We were on a top floor so maybe not a lot of foot traffic anyway, but had zero noise issues. The only thing I can remember hearing is other nearby doors closing. Hotel doors are just loud in every hotel I've ever stayed in. We didn't hear people whatsoever.

POP is our go-to resort when staying value. The beds are as comfortable as any of the values. Yes you can hear the toilets flush from adjacent or rooms above you.

If you can hear everything from the room next to you and it's not at a good time (like past 11 or before 8), then the problem isn't the resort, it's your neighbors. And a simple chat with them will help out. But I say that about EVERY single hotel room in the country.

As far as bed comfort, only you can determine that. It's not going to be what you are used to at home. No mattress or bed ever will be.

We've stayed at Pop three times, including two weeks at Christmas, it's our absolute favorite resort. We've stayed poolside twice (50's pool) and once in the building 1 just to the right of Classic Hall. That might be my favorite location. If you request "Parking lot View" it's not actually a parking lot view - it's like a little bamboo forest. That room/area is tucked away from everything and yet it's the closest to everything imo.

As for bad reviews? I honestly can't understand that. We never had a bad stay at Pop. The staff are great, the food court is better than average, the amenities are great. The beds are quite comfortable - the toilets do flush a little loud but we just closed the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter