pop century question

joeyrulesall

Earning My Ears
hi im new to the board. i recently went to disney in april and loved it so much me and my gf are going back august 22 staying in the pop century. from reading posts i see alot of people are requesting the 50s area. can anyone give me some hints on what i should put in a request for? i was thinking of asking for the 90s .i dont know what floor would be better or what area. can anyone help me . thanks :sunny:

Welcome to the Dis! :disrocks:

It depends on your own personal likes and dislikes. Tell us more about your party, etc...

well its just me and my gf. i am 28 she is 21. we arent renting a car and just relying on the buses. we have a 6 day park hopper and the great dining plan. i think thats all.

I've stayed at POP twice now since its opening and I :love: it there!!! We have stayed in the 70s and 50s. I liked the 50s more than the 70s. We stayed in the 50s section, Building 2, 4th Floor, Room 2441. I can't really remember where we stayed at in the 70s section except that we stayed on the 1st level. In the 50s section, we got to watch Wishes and Illuminations every night from outside our room which was amazing. I think either one of your decisions would be a good one!

Jessica :paw:

is there really a bad place to stay at Pop. You may prefer some of them more than others but bad. I don't think so. We stayed in 90's section 4th floor. Very quite and not a bad walk to bus stop. Not as close as other sections but we enjoyed it.

I think you should chose whichever decade is your favorite. I didn't care for 80's or 90's, but that was just me, I like 50's 60's & 70's best. I really like Pop, it is my fav value and the only value I look forward to staying at!
Lori

The 80s and 90s sections are the furthest from the main building, which is why many don't request those sections. However, that "far" distance is still only a 5 minute walk, and is actually a very short trip from the bus stop. You'll be happy in any area as far as distance to things goes, so I say you should just request whichever decade you're most drawn too. I would make sure to request a non first-floor room though. Florida has lots of creepy crawly bugs and being on the first floor just makes me feel more itchy. It's all a psychological thing, but being higher up makes me feel better.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter