• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Question.

Phillip Williams

Mouseketeer
I will be staying at the Pop Century Resort in September and have a quick couple questions. I have never stayed here before and have been told that if I stay in the 50's area over looking the lake I can see fireworks at night. Is this the fireworks from Epcot? Also how is the food here. I did get the Quick Service Dining plan and was looking to eat here for dinner while I am visiting.

The fireworks are IllumiNations usually,but you can also see any fireworks shows from DHS from CERTAIN rooms at POP and certain areas of POP.:)

I was never at the room to see the fireworks but I did stay in the 50's building with a lake view and LOVED it. So peaceful and so beautiful. Go outside at night when it is quiet and there are bunny rabbits everywhere, it makes you feel like Snow White! The food was good, lots of selections to choose from whether you want burgers or pasta or salads. Something for everyone. We really enjoyed our stay at the POP and will be returning this January.

We could see the fireworks but it wasn't an amazing view..... (Just FYI) My kids prefer to be in the park so they can hear the music track too.....
We LOVE POP!

I will be staying at the Pop Century Resort in September and have a quick couple questions. I have never stayed here before and have been told that if I stay in the 50's area over looking the lake I can see fireworks at night. Is this the fireworks from Epcot? Also how is the food here. I did get the Quick Service Dining plan and was looking to eat here for dinner while I am visiting.

We stays 50's the most. Not all rooms and floors have views but if you are upper you can walk to the end of your floor or to a stairwell area to watch. The best view of fireworks will be Illuminations. We have also watched Wishes a few times, smaller but still enjoyable and loved watching the DHS fireworks when they have them. You can def hear the Epcot and DHS ones. You could also go out on the bridge for Illuminations but you would be lower. Is it perfect? No. But if you are planning to be at the resort during that time it's a plus.

Food court is good and the AoA food court just over the bridge is even better. We often will go there to eat and utilize their bus if before or after eating.

Yes we have been staying here at POP for many years now and prefer the 50's area for a lot of reasons. But you can definitely see fireworks from the balconies - you might have to move around a bit but they are pretty. Not the same as being in the parks because the sound isn't there but it is enjoyable after a long, hot day at the parks. You can even go swimming at night n Sept., walk to the upper floors and see them as well.

We stayed in 50s and could see them from our building if we walked around the corner. It's nothing great, trust me, but the fact that you can see them is kind of neat.

PS- 50s is a good location!

OP,here is IllumiNations from Generation Gap Bridge.

16029547011_8fb5fa22bb_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter