Pop Century Question

shdwstrm

Canadian Disney SPAZ!!!
Hey all!

So I'm booked to stay at the Pop Century Resort, in a standard room. I was wondering if I could request to be in a certain section (50's, 60's, etc) and what's the best section to stay in???

Distance to the pools and main lobby/ food area, isn't an issue. I just want to know people's opinions of the different areas and what they would consider the best.

Yes you can request a section. What I suggest is to pick the decade that you grew up in. That makes it so much fun! The resort plays music outside the buildings from that decade, the decor, games...all things of your childhood. It really brings you back to being a kid. And there is no better place to feel like a kid again than at WDW.

For instance I grew up in the 70's and 80's. So I request the 70's (as we stay preferred and the 80's are all standard). I love listening to the disco and early rock of that decade. At night when we get back to the room we leave the door cracked to listen to it. The big icons are so fun to look at too. DH and I relive our childhood memories each visit. Really adds some magic to your vacation in my opinion.

Have a great stay, POP is wonderful!!

That sounds like a great idea. I grew up in the 80's and I love listening to the music from that era.

I avoid the 50's section. It has a smoking area to get into that section and I have asthma.

Last year my one request was not granted. I was placed in a 50's room. They then had to move me later after having an asthma attack.

I have stayed in the 80's before and also the 70's.

It will be interesting to see if I am placed in a 50's room again. Maybe they just see the 50's and automatically put me there without seeing anything but the 50's.

Thanks for the warning about the 50's section. I'm not a big fan of cigarette smoke (although I do have a few friends that do smoke) and like to avoid it when I can. I can cause migraines for me

I stayed in the 80 it one of the farthest away from everything but there is a pool. I loved it and it reminded me of childhood i would stay there again.

I have stayed at POP 4 times.....going in 5 weeks for 5th. I have stayed in 50s bldg twice and 60s twice. I like the 60's and have requested for my next stay. So far I have been lucky and got my request.

I like to stay in the 60's building. Sometimes if we get back at the right time you can see fireworks. I also like walking around our floor to the lake view, or just walking over to the lake side.

I like to stay in the 60's building. Sometimes if we get back at the right time you can see fireworks. I also like walking around our floor to the lake view, or just walking over to the lake side.

Same here love the back side of the 60's area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter