Pop Century prices?

Bus intervals are approximately every 20 minutes - at any resort.

Some possible reasons for the perception wait times are shorter at one property than another:
Unexpected traffic delay - plain old heavy traffic, an accident, etc.
Bad/good timing - regularly arriving at a bus stop a minute or so after a bus just left for your destination results in about an 18 minute wait each time; getting there a minute or two before your bus arrives makes it seem like buses are 'better' here than there.

for me the wait times were definitely the less of any WDW resorts and have stayed at most of them (except GF don't like it).

WDW is strange - they don't always have their buses going the most direct route.

hoping they have changed.

Pop should be able to get to Studio in less than 3-5 minutes. to epcot in around 5-8 minutes - but with WDW picking the routes don't know. MK should be around 8-15 minutes. AK is not far either - about 5-8 minutes.

Thanks for the info, Spicey.

kaytieeldr said:
Bus intervals are approximately every 20 minutes - at any resort.

Some possible reasons for the perception wait times are shorter at one property than another:
Unexpected traffic delay - plain old heavy traffic, an accident, etc.
Bad/good timing - regularly arriving at a bus stop a minute or so after a bus just left for your destination results in about an 18 minute wait each time; getting there a minute or two before your bus arrives makes it seem like buses are 'better' here than there.

Well I was at the Springs bus stop at Saratoga Springs twice (on 2 different days) and I decided to time how long I waited for my bus. I was waiting for one to the studios both times. I waited 46 minutes for a bus!!! Two AK, two Epcot, one MK, two treehouse villas, & a DTD bus all came before ONE studios bus. The second time I waited for one to the studios, it was 39 minutes! I also decided to time the MK bus which was 33 minutes. There were quite a few people at the bus stop who were getting annoyed because the buses there weren't anywhere close to 20 min. You were LUCKY if they are 30 minutes apart!! Another reason why I don't think DVC is for me...their bus service is VERY POOR, IMO!

Well I was at the Springs bus stop at Saratoga Springs twice (on 2 different days) and I decided to time how long I waited for my bus. I was waiting for one to the studios both times. I waited 46 minutes for a bus!!! Two AK, two Epcot, one MK, two treehouse villas, & a DTD bus all came before ONE studios bus. The second time I waited for one to the studios, it was 39 minutes! I also decided to time the MK bus which was 33 minutes. There were quite a few people at the bus stop who were getting annoyed because the buses there weren't anywhere close to 20 min. You were LUCKY if they are 30 minutes apart!! Another reason why I don't think DVC is for me...their bus service is VERY POOR, IMO!

This is why I always drive myself.

I NEVER have problems with the buses at POP...
Or should I say it is a VERY RARE exception...
None this trip...

You're lucky. The last time I depended on Disney Transport was at Pop. One time we waited for an Epcot bus for over 40 minutes. We watched 3 MK buses, 2 AK buses and 2 MGM buses (yes it was that long ago) go by before we saw an Epcot bus. And that wasn't the only time that week that we waited more than 20 minutes for buses.

EpcotBill said:
You're lucky. The last time I depended on Disney Transport was at Pop. One time we waited for an Epcot bus for over 40 minutes. We watched 3 MK buses, 2 AK buses and 2 MGM buses (yes it was that long ago) go by before we saw an Epcot bus. And that wasn't the only time that week that we waited more than 20 minutes for buses.

I think you would find that to be a rarity at POP now. When I am a solo traveler, I need to utilize the buses because even if I had a car, I really couldn't lift my ECV by myself and I can't depend on there to be someone at the other side to help me. So I really need to use Disney's transportation service. So I really pay attention to the waits when I visit other resorts.

While the MK is their most popular park, the number of buses going there often seems out of proportion. Sometimes you'll see three or more MK buses before the one that's going to your park, even when there are not that many people waiting to go to the Kingdom. I think Disney needs eyes on the ground who can redirect buses as needed.

I wads there end of feb. The busses was great

I think it depends. We go for a extended period of time. The past 2 year we have waited for a bus 30 minutes at BB, TL and once waiting to leave for Ak. But I don't consider that bad at all.

We always drive to WDW and rarely will we use our van during our trips to drive to the parks. We tried it at the beginning and found it did not save much time and I used my gas and had to deal with drivers not knowing where they're going:drive: We have done many trips and rarely have we complained about disney transportation, the worst one was with the monorail. Plus; our DD's love riding the bus.

We always stay at Pop and have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus. Just good timing on our part maybe? The times we did have to wait a bit longer was when we wanted to leave the park and get back to the resort during the day, for naps. That seems to take longer.

Marla1106 said:
We always stay at Pop and have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus. Just good timing on our part maybe? The times we did have to wait a bit longer was when we wanted to leave the park and get back to the resort during the day, for naps. That seems to take longer.

I agree with this longest i waited was a hs at 12 to go back to pop for a nap lol of course it could have been i was just tired and it seemed that way lol

We stayed at Pop Century in 2011. We had a great time! :cool1: We thought the food court was very good, bus ran well except sometimes we had to walk farther to catch our bus back to the resort from the theme park than other guest did of other resorts.LOL! But that's going to be part of Disney! You have to walk!:rotfl2: LOL

Now I'm trying to decide, take my camper to Fort Wilderness ( my grandson would love the slides & boat rides to Magic Kingdom), stay at Pop ( my grandson loves the big pool and ice cream station) or take my grandson to the new AOA
( a new experience and my grandson would love the cars). :confused3

I worry about the food court a little bit at Art Of Animation. How different is the food from Pop Century? We are from the south and we like our comfort foods of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans every now and then! LOL! I like an Ice cream cone at least on vacation. LOL! I don't think AOA has an ice cream section. I don't understand that it's a hotel geared toward taking the eye of children and theres no hand dipped ice cream!:confused: LOL!

So... has anyone stayed at both and can comment on Pop vs AOA?:woohoo:

We stayed at Pop Century in 2011. We had a great time! :cool1: We thought the food court was very good, bus ran well except sometimes we had to walk farther to catch our bus back to the resort from the theme park than other guest did of other resorts.LOL! But that's going to be part of Disney! You have to walk!:rotfl2: LOL

Now I'm trying to decide, take my camper to Fort Wilderness ( my grandson would love the slides & boat rides to Magic Kingdom), stay at Pop ( my grandson loves the big pool and ice cream station) or take my grandson to the new AOA
( a new experience and my grandson would love the cars). :confused3

I worry about the food court a little bit at Art Of Animation. How different is the food from Pop Century? We are from the south and we like our comfort foods of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans every now and then! LOL! I like an Ice cream cone at least on vacation. LOL! I don't think AOA has an ice cream section. I don't understand that it's a hotel geared toward taking the eye of children and theres no hand dipped ice cream!:confused: LOL!

So... has anyone stayed at both and can comment on Pop vs AOA?:woohoo:

You really should start a new thread. You might have more hits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter