Pop Century or All Stars Music?

tinkamom

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
I'm currently booked at Pop but thinking of switching to All Stars Music. What are the pros and cons of each resort? If you have stayed at both which did you prefer?

I'm currently booked at Pop but thinking of switching to All Stars Music. What are the pros and cons of each resort? If you have stayed at both which did you prefer?

Stayed at both...Both are nice for what they are...IN YOUR FACE DISNEY..... Which definitely sets the mood for a WDW trip....Unfortunately after doing a few values, we eventually moved onto Mods. Which were great, and then got bit by the DVC bug...

PoP is a lil newer, & I'm not sure if either has had any refurb recently, but I actually like ASMu.

If you are standard room, the walk to the bus/food court at Music can be pretty long.
That and the potential for a shared bus with the other all stars.
Beyond that it is fine.

I've stayed in both within the past year. I prefer Pop for the main reason of it having it's own bus.

It also has a great food court and theming. I prefer the values bc it allows me to save money and go more often. I don't need more than a bed and bathroom at the resort.

We have thoroughly enjoyed our stays at all 3 of the All Stars. Sports is our favorite but just due to the theme as we are a sports loving family. We like that the All Stars are so close to each other. Say we're staying at Sports we don't have to wait for a Sports bus to arrive at the park. If a bus for Music comes we just hop on it and walk over to Sports.

Another poster mentioned the All Stars share buses much of the time. That has not been our experience. We have a total of over 40 nights across all 3 All Stars and have only shared a bus 3 times total in all those trips. And each of those times there were maybe 6 other people on the bus. In our experience they only share during the day when there's not many people taking the buses. It's never been an issue.

We often shut down the parks which means we leave at the tail end of the masses and end up waiting forever for a bus. No matter how long our line is, I feel just a little bit better after I see the All Star lines. They are easy to find... always the longest around.

I have never stayed at All Stars but did stay at POP. I liked that it had its own bus rather than shared buses with other resorts. I am not sure how much difference there is between the values, otherwise.

POP= favorite value
ASMu = least favorite value

I have stayed at both and have found a home at Music. Here is why. First of all, the all stars DO NOT share buses on a regular schedule. My wife and I travel down to WDW every spring and this past trip I was never on a bus that shared. NEVER. Yes, I have been on a bus that shared in the past, it was in the afternoon and when we got on board we were the only ones on the bus. We then went to Movies, picked up twomore riders and then were off to the Magic Kingdom. How can you not justify utilizing a single bus at that time of day when ridership is always so low? At peak times I have never shared. Second-Pop Century has 2880 rooms while Music has 1604 rooms. Figure it out yourself. Whi is going to have more people in the restaurant in the morning eating breakfast, Music or Pop. Who will have more people in the pools, Music or Pop. Who will have more people standing in line at the parks waiting for a bus, Music or Pop. My brother stays at Pop every year and he has resorted to taking the AoA bus because, despite the long walk back to Pop, he catches the bus quicker due to the long lines. Finaly, we have found the staff at Music to be especially wonderful. If you look at my picture, that's me with the girls from the gift shop. It is up to you. For me, I choose Music.

We just stayed at Pop and we had the longest bus lines and very long waits. We also didn't think the food court had the greatest variety.

I prefer Pop. I like the lake, the landscaping and the theming. It is up-beat and fun. Music was a longer walk from the food court, quiet and kind of boring.

pop century is our go-to resort when we want to save money and stay somewhere nice.

one trip we went to both music and pop, pop won us over.

Having multiple stays at both, I give an edge to Music. It is smaller with 1,000 fewer rooms and quieter. I REALLY dislike the set up of the food court at Pop which "requires" going thru the middle of the gift shop--chaos and running kids every where.

If there was another option, as in ASMv Then that would be my choice...:teeth:

Having multiple stays at both, I give an edge to Music. It is smaller with 1,000 fewer rooms and quieter. I REALLY dislike the set up of the food court at Pop which "requires" going thru the middle of the gift shop--chaos and running kids every where.

Just a FYI....you don't need to walk through the Pop gift shop to access the food court.

Just a FYI....you don't need to walk through the Pop gift shop to access the food court.
I "think" they were just comparing Everything Pop to the All-Star Resort where the Merchandise Shops and Food Courts are in separate locations and are not "connected".:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter