Pop Century Never Again!!!!!!!

So sorry you went thru that! I would have a huge problem with how they handled that and would write a letter right away.
bedbugs.jpg

OK I am leaving in lessd than a month for CSR and I am freaked out now. I can deal with love bugs but absolutely NOT bed bugs!
I was under the impression that the whole bed bug infestation that was a huge problem with the hotel industry nationwide, had been under control.

So now my question is: I am going at a very busy time(Food and Wine Fest, MNSSHP). I could not even get an upgrade to a deluxe resort and I have been calling every day for several weeks to no avail. I know it's not a like scenario and I hope it doesn't happen but what do I do if I DO get stuck with a bed bug infested room and there are no other rooms or resorts to move to??? Does Disney keep some rooms open for emergency situations even though technically CRO says there is no availablility? There is no way I am sleeping in a room that has those little creepers in my mattress!

disney service has gone down hill in the last 4 to 5 years,,its just a job to them not like it used to be,,so i find my own way around,,and do not ever leave a tip there ,,they donnt give the service i t used to be,,,and your right nthe only ones who speak english well ,,are the ones who say!!!visa or mastercard!!!

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

this thread is sounding a little prejudice- I thought the real focus was the bedbug problem not non English speaking CM's.

That doesn't make sense to go down to Disney and expect service and not leave any tips. Did the waiters wait on you and did mousekeeping clean your room. Even if they don't speak much English, the waiters and mousekeepers depend on tips to survive. If you can afford a Disney vacation you certainly can afford to tip.

Originally posted by 3gkids:

Did the waiters wait on you and did mousekeeping clean your room. Even if they don't speak much English, the waiters and mousekeepers depend on tips to survive. If you can afford a Disney vacation you certainly can afford to tip.

Since when are the housekeeping staff tipped positions?

:scared1: Oh man! Bed bugs! Well, I'm glad the topic came up. Just not glad how it came up. We will be checking into CBR tomorrow and I will certainly be checking the bed. Thanks for the tip on how to, I didn't know either.

Also I tip housekeeping (if they do a good job) because I know they have to put up with a lotta junk from cranky folks.

I think I need to clarify a few things.....the complaint about the non english speaking people were in the food area at pop....we had ddp and my 2 youngest 2 1/2 and 1 were not on it if we came up to the register to pay it the non english speaking cashiers were having a problem with us explaining that we were paying for one of the meals. As for the waiting in line for 2 hours for the bus we complained and complained and were told about the 20 minute wait the wait per bus was 40 minutes to animal kingdom that morning and we waited and finally were able to get a bus. This was our last day and we did not have any other bus problems in fact after wishes one night the had the buses lined up 3 in a row and we only waited about 40 min to get back to pop. The fact that we had bed bugs did not disturb me as much as them noticing and trying to cover it up. We had 3 mornings of our trip that we couldn't start our day until between 12 and 2 so even though our problems were with pop it really caused a damper on our time at the parks being that they were delayed. I agree everyone has different experiences oh and by the way do not purchase the mickey fans that attach to the strollers we were not the only ones with that problem all of the cashiers told us of the many returns but not until we returned the second one. the insides come loose. oh and the mcdonalds thing at animal kingdom ewwww.

If you ever have a problem with a bus being very late you can always hop on a bus to the closest theme park and get a bus to your selected park from that bus stop.

I have stayed at numerous resorts during the past 13 years, a few different resorts each year, and have never sensed that the quality of the staff or resorts has deteriorated.

If anything, I think they have tried to keep each resort fresh and updated. I also think the food has improved. Of course, we never travel at peak season because of the crowds, weather and unruliness of the guests (young and older). Perhaps the poster just hit the "perfect storm" but I would let one experience discourage anyone from staying at any resort at WDW.

Sorry, I would "not" let one person's bad experience discourage.... It's amazing how one missing word can mislead!

Wow, sorry about the bad experience. My DW and I have stayed at Pop the last three years are are going to make it four next May. We have always had a wonderful experience. We always go with a Standard room.

We had one "bad" exeperience last trip where our Bus driver got lost coming back from MK at closing. He took the wrong exit. We ended up getting back to Pop 30mins later than we should have. Pop apologized up and down and refunded $138 for the inconvenience.

Unfortunatly bad experiences can happen anywhere. :confused3

if i give you a ticket ,,wil i get a tip?????i know what your going to say!!ahahahahah

great staff, food court was fine (crowded at peak times), pool was great, room clean. Only complaint was paper thin wall--I could here talking in hallways, toilets flushing, someone's 4:30 AM wake-up call, and shower at 4:45--and by 6 AM forget it!
Otherwise, a terrific value for the $.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter