Pop Century Marathon Weekend 2008

klh-or

Portland, Oregon
I'm registered for the 1/2 Marathon with two friends and my teenage daughter. We are thinking our most economical on-site option is two rooms at Pop Century. We'll be coming in a couple of days before the event and staying a couple of days after, probably 6 nights total.

My question is how far out should we be booking this and when do on-line reservations become available? Also, what's our best strategy to ensure we get two rooms together? I know we can book on the phone now...do you just guarantee with a credit card or do you put down a deposit?

Thanks for your help!

Check the marathon website and see if they have booking information there. You'd be best to book those rooms as soon as you can. Ask for them to be close, but that is only a request not a guarantee.

I'm registered for the 1/2 Marathon with two friends and my teenage daughter. We are thinking our most economical on-site option is two rooms at Pop Century. We'll be coming in a couple of days before the event and staying a couple of days after, probably 6 nights total.

My question is how far out should we be booking this and when do on-line reservations become available? Also, what's our best strategy to ensure we get two rooms together? I know we can book on the phone now...do you just guarantee with a credit card or do you put down a deposit?

Thanks for your help!

So....why aren't you over on the WISH Events/Competition weekly thread??? :thumbsup2

Well, I've been reading posts over there...does that count? So much going on that I'm not really sure where to jump in.

:rolleyes1

Well, I've been reading posts over there...does that count? So much going on that I'm not really sure where to jump in.

:rolleyes1

Oh my goodness, jump in anytime! :thumbsup2 Its a great group and you'll find all sorts of experience, from Masters to Beginners, Couch Potatoes to Tri-Atheletes. Come on, jump in! :yay:

Thanks for your help!

You can call and book a "room only" reservation right now....the rates for 2008 aren't out yet so they'll tell you that the rate may change, but at least you'll have a room set aside for you. I'd guess that the value rooms will book up quickly for the Marathon so getting a reservation now would be a wise choice. You do have to secure your reservation credit card and with a one-night payment, but if you change your mind you can always get a full refund so long as you cancel 5 days before arrival. Based on that alone, you'd probably be wise to at least get something on their books. If you want to change later you can always try, but in the mean time you know you have something set.

We'll be there right after the marathon and I made my room only reservations yesterday and my first 10 days of ADR's....I was able to get all that I wanted at the times I wanted, so they're certainly not full YET....but then most people aren't as crazy as we are scheduling meals 6 months in advance, right?

We went through the Sports Travel Office and booked a package already for the Marathon Weekend. Im doing the Goofy challenge. We are coming in Thurs and leaving Monday and have 3 day hoppers. We are staying at Pop Century. They said all of the values were still available when I booked last week. I picked a preferred room so we could be closer to the bus stops for that 3am bus ride!

Good luck and see ya there!

Christie
Im Going Goofy - 39.3 miles or bust!

When you booked your package, did you put a deposit down or pay for the whole thing or ??? Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter